Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone had problems with the sunglasses being too tight and breaking apart?

I don't display my T-800 with the glasses on, but I do display my Sarah Connor and Blade with thiers, and haven't noticed anything with them. I know that probably doesn't help but that all I've got. :dunno

no problems but thanks Ron,

finally saved up enough money for this, where is the best place to go purchase now or should I wait until the second wave gets dispatched? thanks!

like everything with this hobby it can be fragile depending on the figure, the actual batch and yourself. I think I have only broken stuff early on and learned my lesson to treat these better than my woman (also good starting point for me to learn how to handle an infant) Back to T-800 I had the glasses on him since day one and even posed it crooked and no problems with them breaking
t2t8001.jpg
so I doubt they are too tight or something you should be too concerned about beyond the typically care
:borg:

I can say on one or two of my Hot Toys Military figures i think, the glasses did snap mainly because they are a three piece construction and had been assembled with very little glue added, they are a _____ to fix as well since they are so small and can get messy when trying to glue them back together.

I can say on one or two of my Hot Toys Military figures i think, the glasses did snap mainly because they are a three piece construction and had been assembled with very little glue added, they are a _____ to fix as well since they are so small and can get messy when trying to glue them back together.

yes that's why I ask because some of my other figures with glasses over time either snapped or popped off with difficulty keeping on, just wondering for T-800 if there might be problems with that thanks!

Do you have the Hot Toys SWAT figures? Just curious as I can't find much in the way of pictures of them beyond the few official shots.

Both of these figures i have...

Three piece construction, piss poor glue job.
ref6-9852.jpg

Two piece construction, same problem as the first.
2008261381376.jpg

T-800 glasses are a single mold with lenses added seperately though. HT SWAT I have but I never used the sunglasses and don't know where they are right now but I think they look like the sniper one above:p
hitme5n.jpg

swati.jpg

swat1.jpg

hi everyone looking around Ebay and other stores, and wanted to know when they say new in box is the box supposed to be shrink wrapped sealed because some list theirs as new but the figure is slid out of the silver box with Arnold's face? thanks.

No shrink wrap, just the silver box that slides over the black box. The only "seal" is the sticker on the ends of the black box where the flaps are.

Why has he quickly become a money pit??? Right out of the box the endo thumb was broken, within 20 minutes of having him one of the pegs snapped off inside the fist and today I noticed that one of the silver rivets from the lapel of his jacket is no longer there??? I'm not a new collector who's been "playing" with him so I know how to handle these things but what gives? I've never had 3 "injuries" happen to any figure let alone any injuries within 2 weeks of owning them. Now I'm stuck having to buy a new endo arm, a set of specific T-800 pegs because they're larger then the regular ones and as for the jacket I'm at a loss as to how to actualy remedy that problem without having to shell out for another jacket.

I love this guy but come on HT what gives??? QC needs to be a top priority.

Well, snapping of wristpegs is a common problem with Hot Toys stuff. It's not just this figure mate! You just have to be careful with them, there are certain tricks of the trade which help. Also with the lapels on the jacket, I lost one within hours of opening him! But they look amazing, I can't see how they would have gotten them in place more securely than they did. Suppose it was appearance over anything else. Also with that endo arm, it's just really delicate due to the articulation, fingers are always falling off mine when I handle it, they're not broken, they just easily fall off due to them being so small. They go back on with a little squeeze!

If you think this figure is bad for QC, please don't buy the DX Batman! :lol

Just gotta keep a sharp eye on our HT stuff I guess.

No shrink wrap, just the silver box that slides over the black box. The only "seal" is the sticker on the ends of the black box where the flaps are.

thanks zidane yeah on Ebay I saw a couple that said they were sealed and one looked to have a plastic shrink wrap on the outside, so wanted to check about that. sorry to hear about that, are you able to find the lapel that fell off and re adhesive it again?

Well, snapping of wristpegs is a common problem with Hot Toys stuff. It's not just this figure mate! You just have to be careful with them, there are certain tricks of the trade which help. Also with the lapels on the jacket, I lost one within hours of opening him! But they look amazing, I can't see how they would have gotten them in place more securely than they did. Suppose it was appearance over anything else. Also with that endo arm, it's just really delicate due to the articulation, fingers are always falling off mine when I handle it, they're not broken, they just easily fall off due to them being so small. They go back on with a little squeeze!

If you think this figure is bad for QC, please don't buy the DX Batman! :lol

Just gotta keep a sharp eye on our HT stuff I guess.

The thumb didn't just fall out of place. The round part that allows it to rotate that is attached to the "palm" was broken in two. It could be glued back with patience and tweezers but then I'd compromise the posability of the joint. As for the tricks, I do them all. The peg must've been from a weak mold. It snapped clean off and the little nub is flush inside the fist--still haven't been able to get it out.

thanks zidane yeah on Ebay I saw a couple that said they were sealed and one looked to have a plastic shrink wrap on the outside, so wanted to check about that. sorry to hear about that, are you able to find the lapel that fell off and re adhesive it again?

No, I have him in a detolf and I am positive everything was fine the last time I checked on him. No sign of it anywhere and its not like its the biggest piece most noticable piece in there. I looked around the area for half hour. It's a stretch but I'm going to contact HT to see if they can send me the biggest waste of an envelope by volume with a rivet. Not really into spending $40 on a replacement jacket.

sorry to hear about that zidane, I hope they're able to hear with a replacement. now I'm worried about picking this up, but has anyone used fabric glue like the ones you see in craft and hobby stores to try to glue around the buttons/lapens to fix them in place from falling off in the future?

Its definitely a figure worth having if you're a fan. The first thing you'll notice is how imposing it is compared to anything else you have. I'm just venting because this is the last thing I'd expect on anything Arnold! I mean he's the Austrian Oak and yet he's the most delicate thing on my shelves? Don't let this deter you though.

Back