Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he said there'd be more T-800 and T-1000, but until official announcements, there's no certainty what that'll ammount to, right now, it's just fans sharing wishful thinking as to what else we're going to get.

That's what I'm hoping for, two arms, two jackets and two headsculpts. The BD version is one that truly would deserve being a DX IMO.

Thats what I'm really wondering about. With the amount of stuff we all ideally want to come with this figure it may end up being more kitted out than any previous DX...feel free to disagree.

I mean these are the things we're hoping to see:

-mini-gun & ammo bag
-m79 grenade launcher
-Grenade bandolier with all grenades
-pistol
(^yet these would be primarily to kit out MMS117)
-Bullet riddled jacket
-Bullet riddled jacket with wrecked left sleeve
-grey t-shirt shredded at the centre chest
-leather trousers with ripped left knee
-phase 1 BD headsculpt
-phase 2 BD headsculpt with LED eye
-base body riddled with bullet holes, centre chest endo exposed, and left endo-knee exposed, battle-damaged left arm
-alternate intact left arm

edit- Ah, I see Maulfan was having the same thoughts. I didn't think of that metal pole, yeah I'd love that believe it or not.

Other items they could do but not necessary would be the machine gun they take from the SWAT van that he lights up the T-1000 with, they could include the metal pipe he breaks his arm off with.

Also the grenade-launcher he used to gas the SWAT guys with. I dunno guy, get this version or wait and hope a DX version comes which has everything this one does?

I could just get this version and buy seperate m203 launcher/bandolier and then get the NECA BD 12" too.

I don't see them ever doing a BD body, not the torso, it'd be a one time use. My guess is, to handle the torso damage, they'd glue the tear in the shirt down to a rubber or plastic piece with the exposed endo and flesh parts painted on it, and there's no need for bullet holes in the body, even with holes in the coat and shirt you'll never get it lined up to see them.

Also the grenade-launcher he used to gas the SWAT guys with. I dunno guy, get this version or wait and hope a DX version comes which has everything this one does?

I could just get this version and buy seperate m203 launcher/bandolier and then get the NECA BD 12" too.

Forgot the gas grenade launcher, would like to see that done too, I also added a broken stock version of the grenade launcher, not sure they'd go that far, but technically it does happen, even though to me, it's far fetched, the T-1000 knocks it out of his hand and that splits a whole bunch off the stock, doesn't seem possible to me, but it's there in the movie.

I really think we'll see at least one more T-800, they could get away with two more MMS releases or a suped up DX release to cover the rest of what a T-800 could come with, not sure how they'll do it, but I'd imagine T-800's "easy money" so they'll make more of him, but they'll wait until this one's well sold off before unveiling it, plus they're hot on Iron Man 2 for the moment.

I don't see them ever doing a BD body, not the torso, it'd be a one time use. My guess is, to handle the torso damage, they'd glue the tear in the shirt down to a rubber or plastic piece with the exposed endo and flesh parts painted on it.

That sounds a bit wierd though. I think they might well do a one-off body. I mean have they reused Wolverine's body? Isn't the body on Whiplash from IM2 a totally new body aswell?

That sounds a bit wierd though. I think they might well do a one-off body. I mean have they reused Wolverine's body? Isn't the body on Whiplash from IM2 a totally new body aswell?

Wolverine's been used for the Comedian with just a slightly less hair paint jobb, may even be the same upper body for Perseus. Not sure how Whiplash differs from other figures, but I have a feeling it has recycle value.

As for T-800, I just don't think it makes sense to go too nuts retooling the body. Some bullet holes will need to be added to the neck, but I'm sure that's minimal work compared to the exposed torso, and wouldn't hinder articulation. I can't see having torso articulation if they sculpt the exposed Endo there, but if you do like I suggested, you get the outward appearance while retaining the function beneath. As for bullet holes in the body, I just don't think it's worth it, you're not going to see them and seems like extra work for a neat thing you never see.

Wolverine's body is the same as the Comedian's I think. However, I could also see them making a unique torso for the T-800, don't think integrating the damage in the shirt would come out that well.
I'm really interested in how they handle the future T-800s (I'm confident theyll release at least one more as well), I just hope I'll be able to get the 'Hasta la vista' look, that's the one I love most, don't really care for the broken arm look.

edit: Maulfan beat me to it about the body. I agree that the bullet holes in the body would be unnecessary, too. I'd really favor a sculpted BD torso though, even if it hinders the articulation. Knowing HT, it'll come out looking good either way though. :)

They could still use the body just have to cut out the section, its the same idea as Marcus's arm.

My guess is, to handle the torso damage, they'd glue the tear in the shirt down to a rubber or plastic piece with the exposed endo and flesh parts painted on it,

That would work for my money. They've never done anything like that before though right? I think they'll go by sales, which will obviously be huge, but if they think its gonna pay off I could imagine a new body. I know marcus only had BD arms but he wouldnt be seen as the sure thing this guy is sales wise. Maybe thats a telling point. Conjecture of course...

They could still use the body just have to cut out the section, its the same idea as Marcus's arm.

Just thinking about how complicated it could be it surely has to be a DX figure. Surely.

I would think it'll just be one more, inclusive, DX figure, from a marketing strategy, I think that's smarter, pack 2 figures worth of stuff in one box and make people feel a second buy of the DX and maybe even a second buy of MMS117 necessary, 4 figures sold for 2 made.

As far as the body, I'm just thinking, I really see them using this body for T1 figures, and who knows, maybe even future Arnie characters. I don't know what cost it really is for them to tweak these things, but I'd think making as minimal alterations to the body for new ones would be the smartest route. for what shows of the body, just seems to me like adding a piece showing it to the shirt instead of redoing the body is the easier route, and as I said, preserves the current articulation level. If I were going to make a custom BD figure, it's how I'd do it, seems the easiest route to me, and I'm sure HT could do it and have it look fine, in fact, doing it that way would likely look closer to the film than if the body were damaged because then the shirt might get baggy in the area and cast shadows and just not look the same.

Alright I was running your problem through my head. If you can't get both I think you should wait and buy the Hot Toys BD version, and since you mentioned buying a NECA, you should get the Pescadero Escape version to represent earlier in the film.

Heres the thought process - you simply must know that a BD HT figure will be too hard to pass on, even moreso than this one. There'll be so much more to it and thus more display options - alternate parts, alternate clothes, light-up eye head - hopefully it will have the other head too with both eyes intact. That way you'll still have an almost complete Arnold portrait as well as the fully BD portrait.
Also if you were thinking of getting the NECA BD as an alternative you'd have to face up to that figure's more cartoony paintjob on the face, particularly the one human eye. Not a low-end strongpoint. However you don't have to see cartoony eyes on the NECA Pescadero Escape as they are hidden by the sunglasses. If you don't already have that figure I recommend it - it is fantastic. And if you are facing having to have a low-end figure instead of its high-end equivalent I think the Pescadero Escape will be the better option - not the BD. I think the NECA Pesc.Esc will ultimately compare more favourably to HT MMS117 than the NECA Final Battle figure is going to compare to the HT BD figure. So in your situation get the better figure from each company.

Me too. Enough of the hype machine and lets get back to that which has truly stood the test of time and which kicks as much a$$ today as it did 20 years ago.

I can't wait for this Iron Man hoopla to die down and we get back to the good stuff.

Sing that one man. IM mania is getting very old indeed.

Of course if I was a rabid fan like a lot of people on these boards it wouldnt be :) I'm just jealous!

i think that the best way to get a bd version is using the dutch torso modified with BD and endo, and the arms of the actual t800 , the dutch torso dont have abdominal articulation and it would be easy to modify

Back