Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one likes delays though. I'd rather not have HT rush it out, but rushing it out would have meant the release of this figure in March. If HT says 'early Q2 2010', then it should be early Q2 2010, which is April.

Even though it's not on time, if on time could have meant problems I'd still rather they take their time. Early and on time don't mean much if quality requires being late. Right now, this is THE most anticipated figure of this year and one of the most in my collecting life, I'd rather not see it screwed up because they didn't want to keep people waiting. Flawless and out a month or two later will leave me much happier than getting it now and having problems preventing me from enjoying it.

Isn't it unfortunate that there's a correlation between Hot Toys putting out a product on time and the chance of them screwing it up? You hope that this figure turns out perfect, or as close to perfect as possible, no matter how long it takes. It's not that much more to wish for that, but delivered on time, right?

This is all your fault, Batman.

Well, the problem is, are the dates HT project ambitious or practical.

While nothing about this T-800 seems overly complicated compared to other HT figures, 4 months from preorder to shipping does seem a bit fast.

With Hot Toys seeming to want to get things in collector hands ASAP, I wonder if they might even project quicker ship dates just to look better and try to make it if they can but not always realistic.

I always feel more comfortable with things coming later, it usually means extra care put into it or at least proper care and minimized chances for something being overlooked.

Well, the problem is, are the dates HT project ambitious or practical.

While nothing about this T-800 seems overly complicated compared to other HT figures, 4 months from preorder to shipping does seem a bit fast.

With Hot Toys seeming to want to get things in collector hands ASAP, I wonder if they might even project quicker ship dates just to look better and try to make it if they can but not always realistic.

I always feel more comfortable with things coming later, it usually means extra care put into it or at least proper care and minimized chances for something being overlooked.

I don't want them to hurry at all. They rushed the DX TDK and look at the cluster ____ that turned out to be. HT can take their sweet ass time as far as I'm concerned. I have absolutely no interest in dropping $200 on another figure that dribbles like an old man's peepee.

I am pretty sure they made way fewer Blade figures.

Considering T-800 is on a new body, i am sure it's not as simple to pump out as fast.

Even if Batman's an exception, it's a significant one that favors letting HT take their time producing figures. If the Batman problem were resolved, no big thing, but it currently is, and likely will always be, unresolved, and I'd rather not see anymore figures be ruined like that.

Considering T-800 is on a new body, i am sure it's not as simple to pump out as fast.

The unique body's a factor, the work on the Endo arm probably isn't easy either. It's not as complex as an Iron Man or Endoskeleton, but this figure is a bit more complicated than your average plastic TT with clothes and sculpt figure. It's in a middle ground where it could be simple enough to come out fairly quickly or complicated enough to be delayed. Who knows if the delay is relative to the actual construction of it or if HT just tied up resources for other things and got to it later, but it does have potential for delay as it is.

Back