Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing we have to face up to is that at the end of the day the movie didn't perform as well as was hoped, and the other funny thing is that as 'popular' as the Watcmen is in the US and Europe it's something of a non-entity in HK and Asia (I'm not saying it's without its fans there) but the movie was pretty well panned over there (even more so than over here), so I'm gonna take a guess here that these will be made in numbers to fill preorders, but not a lot more, so a second Comedian will depend on how quick this sells out... if it sells out!

Ok I spent a few minutes in photoshop, heres how the Andy sculpt would look on the body

TheComedian_adjustPR01.jpg

( Post 1000 :joy )

Easy purchase for me. Now I need the announcement of the rest (or at least another one) of the characters before I get Silk Spectre II.

Come on Rorshach, Nite Owl II, Ozy, and Dr.

hated the movie.
But the comic is the best comic i have ever readed.
So must buy for me

I highly doubt we'd see any repeats before a new character is announced (Rorschach, Nite owl II, doc Manhattan)

furthermore, i really hope they keep the ball rolling from this point on with this line...it's taken 5 months to get the specs on this guy since we saw him at SDCC and I really dont wanna wait another 5 to hear about a new figure, keep 'em coming!

The only figure in the line to warrant another 2nd variation is prolly nite owl 2, with the snow outfit and additional mask. But then again, I don't think a lot of people are pumped to get 2 variations of nite owl.

The more I think bout it, the more annoyed I am with the lack of smileys on his chest and guns :(

Ok I spent a few minutes in photoshop, heres how the Andy sculpt would look on the body

TheComedian_adjustPR01.jpg

( Post 1000 :joy )

I like that. Definately the younger Comedian there. They should call Andy back up and include that one too. I wish Andy would be able to sell cast of it at least, but I'm betting he can't.

Thing we have to face up to is that at the end of the day the movie didn't perform as well as was hoped, and the other funny thing is that as 'popular' as the Watcmen is in the US and Europe it's something of a non-entity in HK and Asia (I'm not saying it's without its fans there) but the movie was pretty well panned over there (even more so than over here), so I'm gonna take a guess here that these will be made in numbers to fill preorders, but not a lot more, so a second Comedian will depend on how quick this sells out... if it sells out!

You are completely right Wookster. Watchmen is pretty much non-existent in Asia. I seriously do not see Night Owl II let alone another Comedian. I don't even believe that HT Watchmen figures will sell better than Marvel figures in North America and Europe.

With regards to the smileys, the blame rests not on HT or DC. DC itself licensed the use from the actual copyright holder. Possibly the license didnt cover figures produced by a third party (HT), or DC has a broader license with right to sublicense (subjec to CR holder approval) in which case either the actual CR holder rejected the sublicense or (hopefully) approval is still pending. It's funny, as under US law copyrights are supposed to be of limited duration, but thanks to Disney and other holders of key IP Congress keeps giving extensions. Funny how two dots and a line can be such a big deal.

As for the figure, amazing sculpt - glad HT went with a bold choice and went for a more extreme and dramatic expression. And the smiley buttons should be a cinch to do yourself.

WOW...I thought it was actually the actor at first...(I saw the pics on another site first). This is great. I hope SSC sets up Pre-orders for this one.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The ComedianSpec and pics

I must admit I'm a lil confused. Can some one explain to me why its ok to put smilies on DCD prop replica twin guns and the 13" fig, but HT is not allowed to use it on their fig. Also, I've seen smilies all over the world! HELL web sites like these use them! So why is it legal for all these smilies to get use with out WB express permission, but HT is getting stone walled??

There is a difference between the Smiley trademarked image, and smiley face animated gifs that are used all over websites.

Also, we're not sure yet if Hot Toys has not been allowed to use it, or the rights haven't all been negotiated yet. It could be that the Smiley corporation wanted an unreasonable amount of money for the usage.

If we were getting a younger head too, I would want a maskless version.

Needs his flamethrower too. Think I will pass and just get Rorshcach.

Very cool, just look at how realistic the face texturing is, beyond mind blowing for factory. Be interesting to see how good he is in hand. HT hits another home run. The likeness is pretty decent, still little tweaks to be had. I too prefer the Andy head, but it'll be a pass for me. No watchmen interest, havn't even seen the movie, but alike minded people to myself have expressed their unimpressed nature, so i havn't bothered.....yet :p

Back