Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The ComedianSpec and pics

No, he did a rejected Sculpt for them https://www.absculpture.com/scarface2.htm

Alright, well I posted the image on Hot Toys Facebook page and asked them to reconsider using it as a second head sculpt. I know its unlikely they'll add it but lets just try to get the message across that we also want a young Comedian version of this character.

everyone 'like' the post and comment to show support
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?ref=nf

Edit-whoa this is post 999 for me

As great as that looks, it's looks more like a Minutemen sculpt ( I know it could be Vietnam, but it has a mask). I can see why it was rejected

I agree it really does remind me of the Minutmen look. Can't say I'd turn down a copy of it though.

I'm really pleased overall. The grin looks very creepy and although it's scene specific I think they at least chose a good scene. Really hoping it's the hirsuit body or something similar and not a rubber one. There's definitely some good definition in the arm sculpts and the pigmentation and freckles don't seem feasible with a rubber body so here's hoping.

I must admit I'm a lil confused. Can some one explain to me why its ok to put smilies on DCD prop replica twin guns and the 13" fig, but HT is not allowed to use it on their fig. Also, I've seen smilies all over the world! HELL web sites like these use them! So why is it legal for all these smilies to get use with out WB express permission, but HT is getting stone walled??

I think DCD is just a bigger company...they have DC behind them and probably have less issues when trying to get rights as a company based in HK would...that said Hot Toys' figures are miles better, so it is sad.

I'm kinda verklempt about the lack of a second, younger headsculpt. There were no fewer than 3 different sculpts done for this figure.

Besides, Vietnam Era Blake > Keene Riots Blake (from the movie, anyway).

Oh well. Still a must-own.

No way HT double-dips on this one, right??

I'm kinda verklempt about the lack of a second, younger headsculpt. There were no fewer than 3 different sculpts done for this figure.

Besides, Vietnam Era Blake > Keene Riots Blake (from the movie, anyway).

Oh well. Still a must-own.

No way HT double-dips on this one, right??

I hope not, but we will see

The V2 DX should include:

-Younger sculpt
-Smiley face button "with authentic blood stain"
-Flamethrower
-Minutemen Era Jester outfit
-Gimp mask (comic book version/sideshow exclusive)
-The stand will be the vietnam bar scene with the pregnate dead girl by his feet (like cleaner wolf pred with the dead alien)
-PERS
-they should make a "pers" type system for his mouth, or do the removeable mouth/jaw thing like DX batman so that you can make him smile or look serious (i know it's easier for bats cuz of the cowl, but just a suggestion!)

Even though they release that, id still be upset. They should make sure rorshach is like the DX joker, 1 set costume for rorshach, and also 1 set for walter kovacs. (Like elvis1976's custom rorshach, its dope!!)

I hope not, but we will see

The V2 DX should include:

-Younger sculpt
-Smiley face button "with authentic blood stain"
-Flamethrower
-Minutemen Era Jester outfit
-Gimp mask (comic book version/sideshow exclusive)
-The stand will be the vietnam bar scene with the pregnate dead girl by his feet (like cleaner wolf pred with the dead alien)
-PERS
-they should make a "pers" type system for his mouth, or do the removeable mouth/jaw thing like DX batman so that you can make him smile or look serious (i know it's easier for bats cuz of the cowl, but just a suggestion!)

Even though they release that, id still be upset. They should make sure rorshach is like the DX joker, 1 set costume for rorshach, and also 1 set for walter kovacs. (Like elvis1976's custom rorshach, its dope!!)

:lol no way Hot Toys does anything that sick.

This is the very cool and accurate figure... after Marcus :naughty
The only and most important negative moment - too big teeth. They make him look like a rabbit... a little bit :sick

P.S. Yulli, I love u :angelsmil

Disappointed that there's only one head, since I really like the younger Comedian best, but this is still probably going to be my first HT figure. The armor is absolutely perfect and the details are great. The headsculpt has definitely grown on me as well with these new pictures.

This character is incredibly cool, but on my shelf not needed... because it does not satisfy my following request:

Young sculp
97851076.jpg

Between...
92912412.jpg

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Back