Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The Comedian- Spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be right. Given that his story is almost completely told in flashback, I figure some of the others would be a bit more popular as collectibles, but maybe not. He certainly has a great look. The only major drawback to the figure, in my opinion, is the rubber arms/body and lack of a younger head. Everything else is fantastic.

You might be right. Given that his story is almost completely told in flashback, I figure some of the others would be a bit more popular as collectibles, but maybe not. He certainly has a great look. The only major drawback to the figure, in my opinion, is the rubber arms/body and lack of a younger head. Everything else is fantastic.

Have to agree there. :doh

I expected a muscle body, so that doesn't bother me. Especially with the poses in the pics. Seems like he has all of the major pose option available to him. Its just the lack of a second headsculpt that I'm not happy with. Not very HT like, especially considering recent figures. If there was a figure that needed a second headsculpt, the Comedian would be it.

I expected a muscle body, so that doesn't bother me. Especially with the poses in the pics. Seems like he has all of the major pose option available to him. Its just the lack of a second headsculpt that I'm not happy with. Not very HT like, especially considering recent figures. If there was a figure that needed a second headsculpt, the Comedian would be it.

Looks like a growing trend with HT - not to include an extra sculpt. Happened with Silk Spectre, the entire Goemon line, John Connor, and Blade.

Those figures don't really need one though. The Comedian's costume didn't change at all from the Vietnam era to the era this figure is from. The only difference in Vietnam was he was younger, didn't have a mask, or scar. Simple headswap to get both eras. Sure a flamethrower would be a great accessory to add, but the fact remains the Comedian is one figure that honestly could have used a second head.

Bank Robber Joker honestly didn't really need a second head. He never looked like that in that outift. It was just a bonus. Yet here is a case of a figure needing a second head, but not getting one. If this is the new trend I'm not liking it. Everything about it is screaming double-dipping.

Yeah I gotta agree with that. Given how this character is in both movie and novel, 2 heads does seem like the sensible option.

Theres really no need for a 2nd fig.

btw, imo the graphic novel is over-rated. the film is under-rated. i'm not saying alan moore's book isn't brilliant. it is. but it has been over-glorified to the point where it's reach some sort of mythical status. i find that a bit ridiculous. my issue with the book is that it tends to meander aimlessly at some points. and i'm GLAD zack synder changed the "squid" ending. i always found it kinda lame.

just my 2 cents.

:mwaha:mwaha
:pow
:thwak:thwak:thwak

Those figures don't really need one though. The Comedian's costume didn't change at all from the Vietnam era to the era this figure is from. The only difference in Vietnam was he was younger, didn't have a mask, or scar. Simple headswap to get both eras. Sure a flamethrower would be a great accessory to add, but the fact remains the Comedian is one figure that honestly could have used a second head.

Bank Robber Joker honestly didn't really need a second head. He never looked like that in that outift. It was just a bonus. Yet here is a case of a figure needing a second head, but not getting one. If this is the new trend I'm not liking it. Everything about it is screaming double-dipping.

It's a great move on their point from a business point of view, being 'limited' figures, obviously, you have to risk buying the first one, before it is no longer available, but then are stuck with it, and usually need to buy the 2nd version, if they release it. Pain in the ass for the loyal customers and big movie fans :emperor

Looks like a growing trend with HT - not to include an extra sculpt. Happened with Silk Spectre, the entire Goemon line, John Connor, and Blade.

Growing trend? Only a few of HT figures have 2 heads. The majority only come with 1 head.

Looks lik trend with HT - not to include an extra sculpt. Happened with Silk Spectre, the entire Goemon line, John Connor, and Blade.

I disagree with this notion. I'm not quite sure how you have set your expectations to where they are, but a Hot Toys figure usually comes with an extra head only if the necessity for an extra head is integral to the character. There are exceptions, but even then it should be seen within context. I.e. Bank Robber Joker's extra head is HT's redo after missing the mark on V1 Joker. As for the trend, there isn't one. There are still an acceptable amount of figures coming that have an extra head: Marcus Wright, DX Joker, Michael Jackson, Dx Batman (sorta).

I don't disagree that The Comedian figure deserves a second portrait, but why Silk Spectre? Or any of the Goemon figures? Or Blade? Even including a second head with John Connor wouldn't make sense because it would require the inclusion of an entire second outfit.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS 115 -WATCHMEN - The ComedianSpec and pics

Well, I let the good people at 'smiley' know how I feel!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smiley/7917027161?v=wall

Wook Smiley just responded to your post on their page
Smiley:I agree with you and this was not Smiley's decision.

So, looks like either Hot Toys didn't want to pay for the license or its Warner Bros screw up.

Or Smileys lying....but when I look at their face, I just don't think they would lie to me :monkey3

Yeah, I got an alert about that, I've since found out it was blocked by WB!
Weird as it was used on the DCD figure!

Very strange. So smiley will let them/want them to use it, but it is WB that isn't :confused:

Wook, I nominate you to be our Rorschach and get to the bottom of this. Maybe you can get smiley and Hot Toys to work directly with eachother and cut out WB?

Wooksters diary 16/11/09.
Spent the morning in the dives down by the docks, still no one willing to spill the beans on the 'Smiley' incident. Had to get creative with my pliers then the info started pouring out.
Seems some perp named Warner is putting the clamps on his little friends.
must investigate further, booked on red eye to HK, perhaps Gospel has more info for me...?

Stay tuned!

Back