Hot Toys - MMS 108 - MARS ATTACKS! - Martian Ambassador spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a big disappointment. These were by far some of my favorite pieces in my collection.

I received them, took them out of the box, put them on my shelves and never touched them again. After reading this post this is what I found:

24fa245c.jpg

3d12c9bd.jpg

I am afraid to look at the Ambassador. Him I have with both his hand behind his back; basically the same kind of angle as the soldiers.

Hot Toys, I expected more from you.

Luis

This is actually the reason I avoided these figures. It's crazy how they've manage to let this happen again. Should have used plastic.

Reading the comments about the cracked elbows has put me off buying one sadly. I wanted one, especially since a local vendor has one cheap :(

Also, does anyone know where I can get this display case?

attachment.php

I actually got a good gun holding pose that puts very little stress on the rubber at the elbows ..my ones did tear a little over time..but after re-poseing i think it will be fine.

post pic later:)

Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention, Bradysd! Fortunately, the elbows on both my Martian Soldier & Ambassador are still intact, but I bent them to a more neutral position so I wouldn't push my luck.

Can anybody recommend any sealing product or lubricant (Armor All, perhaps?) that can be applied to keep this from happening to the rest of us?

I checked mine, no cracking.

But I'll need to change the poses to a less extreme angle... glad I won these free from Sideshow :lol

Can rubber sleeves never be made durable and flexible or is this quick deterioration just the cheapness of their materials? for profit purposes or what?

My vote goes to cheapness. Haven't any problems of the sort on my Aliens, so I think this Martian issue is also because the layer of rubber here is very thin, since it looks like the skeleton already has some bulk to it.

If the arms are that thick anyway, why not just make 'em hard plastic?

As somebody else said regarding Batman. They make things rubber that doesn't need to be. Maybe they should have done it like Iron Man. Rubber on the curve which is thicker to stand up to the bends.

For those that has the split arms or small deterioration. How old is yours? I see on page one this was released in Q4 last year?

You get what you pay for? I don't think it is in any of these cases.

I still have mine boxed, glad I didn't display them yet. Really sucks that they crack.

Back