Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't necessarily believe that. I'm sure many or even most are genuinely happy with it insofar as they just don't care that it isn't completely accurate. But the 'haters' like us are constantly invited back to repeat our position because they say things like ''I don't know what all the fuss was about'' or ''Forget the whiners, this figure rules''. No one seems to be able to compliment their figure without themselves making referance to the controversy over it.

I really would hate to see this whole argument brought back up again.

But, I have to say my peace...

It's not accurate...by any means.
There is just no arguing that.

But...it is a cool figure.

It's a great figure.

Accurate? NO WAY!

But, still cool in it's own right.

100_1303b.jpg

Thats awesome,where did you get that backround from?

I really would hate to see this whole argument brought back up again.

But, I have to say my peace...

It's not accurate...by any means.There is just no arguing that.

But...it is a cool figure.

98% isn't good enough? How about 90%? But not at all? No arguing? :rotfl

Well I don't necessarily believe that. I'm sure many or even most are genuinely happy with it insofar as they just don't care that it isn't completely accurate. But the 'haters' like us are constantly invited back to repeat our position because they say things like ''I don't know what all the fuss was about'' or ''Forget the whiners, this figure rules''. No one seems to be able to compliment their figure without themselves making referance to the controversy over it.

So you are basically saying we are ignorant because of what some of you think. Grow up... :rotfl

So you are basically saying we are ignorant because of what some of you think. Grow up... :rotfl

.....what? How did you get that from what I said??

edit- ah OK I know, it was my second sentence - which I in fact intended as a somewhat neutral defence of those who enjoy this figure in response to what Prefused said Re: "justifying a purchase after the fact". So when I think I'm defending you guys and then get attacked for it...yeah I find myself confused.

So what you object to is the idea that it is a FACT that this figure is innaccurate which was the basis I was operating on. Well...sorry but it is a fact. Its been demonstrated repeatedly and undeniably throughout this whole thread. Now, where opinon comes in is if I said something like "...and this figure is completely crap because of the innaccuracies"

Last edited:
I'd be completely happy with the body even with innaccuracies there - the face was the problem for me, the most prominent part of the alien. If you don't wanna get that right...why bother at all IMO? Just make the whole thing up.

Uh... it's still the BEST Alien figure out there, and looks enough like the real thing to me?

"Best" in what department? Can't be a fun factor, because it seems like that would break pretty easily. It's not best in the accuracy department, either. Maybe in paint apps... Even though they still didn't make the teeth silver enough :monkey2

And before anybody says "ur bringn up taht argumint agian!" ....

its all in fun

:lecture ;)

like i said earlier, i think they have to justify the purchase. seems like it's always after the fact.

Not in my case.
Ive only just recently bought it and im still waiting for it to arrive.
I seen all the comparison pics and read a lot of the complaints etc before I put my money down to buy it.
I can live with the inaccuracies because to me, the figure still looks absolutely amazing.
The inaccuracies mean NOTHING to me on this one.
Im less forgiving with human likenesses though...

"Best" in what department? Can't be a fun factor, because it seems like that would break pretty easily. It's not best in the accuracy department, either. Maybe in paint apps... Even though they still didn't make the teeth silver enough :monkey2

And before anybody says "ur bringn up taht argumint agian!" ....

:lecture ;)

Maybe he means its his favourite alien because its the one from the 1st film?
Thats why I like this one the most anyway.

I can live with the inaccuracies because to me, the figure still looks absolutely amazing.

Thats all I was saying earlier. Theres no shame in loving the figure because you don't care about innaccuracies. Thats probably me with regard to other licenses, just not this one.

See, I thought this argument was pointless...but now It's fun again! :lol

I dont see where to argument is personally.
I agree completely with you guys about the inaccuracies(I do my research guys)
But its not enough to stop me enjoying this figure any less for some strange reason.
:dunno

But its not enough to stop me enjoying this figure any less for some strange reason.

For me, it's KNOWING that something is wrong and not doing anything about it. It just bothers me :shrug

Must be the OCD ;)

That's fine...but the argument is still fun....some do argue it...but I digress. :1-1:

For me, it's KNOWING that something is wrong and not doing anything about it. It just bothers me :shrug

Must be the OCD ;)

Yeah, I understand completely, my friend.
I dont know what it is about this one to be honest.
Sure, im planning to do small mods to the mouth and teeth, but the other inaccuracies dont bother me at all for some strange reason.
I have OCD too but just not on this figure.
I respect you guys who cant live with anything less than "perfect" though.
Im usually with you...just not this time :1-1:

Not in my case.
Ive only just recently bought it and im still waiting for it to arrive.
I seen all the comparison pics and read a lot of the complaints etc before I put my money down to buy it.
fair enough. so long as you understand that your $$ is a vote and HT has no incentive to make accurate figures if everybody buys anything they put out. this figure was the last straw for me and i'm not getting any more HT aliens until they make one that's worth a damn. this is just the McFarlane toy in a rubber suit to me.

Back