Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mean to fan the flames, but how much different is the Big Chap mess up than the current Berserker? I see peeps a lot more accepting of the Berserker mess ups than the Big Chap. I remember a revolution almost broke out on the board! lmaoooo
i think it's due to the Berserker's price. people gotta justify that $200+ they just spent somehow. same thing is still happening with the AVP preds.
It could be because the inaccuracies on Berserker could be covered up by the bio.
nope. even with the bio on, he still looks like this guy.

goth-beetle-juice_barry-the-shrunken-head_topbmp-300x245.jpg

Its because Tsang sculpted it and he is know for stylizing everything he sculpts. Good or bad, all of his sculpts steer away from the originals.

Well I think its a very poor piece of 'stylising'. He took away anything that was sinister and intimidating about the alien in the film and made it look, frankly, quite dumb - more like the hollywood Godzilla. A passing resemblance and a big c__k-head was just not enough here. :monkey2

still love the big chap................:yess:

especially at the gohastings price.........:lecture
a10.jpg

Just bought this badboy!
:yess: My 1st alien figure!
I read a lot of the problems about this figures inaccuracies but for now they dont bother me in the slightest.
Even though I absolutely love the Aliens films(especially the original and aliens), im not hardcore enough to notice the inaccuracies myself so its all good:lol
I dont even know which film this one is from:horror

No pic shows how cool it really is, like most figs.

I can believe that, I know the feeling but 'cool' wasn't enough for me on this one. I already have a few HT Aliens that look 'cool' but not as close to source material as they ought to be, so I didn't need another unless it was going to pull out all the stops...and this was, for me, just another by the numbers HT Alien.

Awesome! Thanks guys.
Yeah, Im aware of the Dallas and Kane figures.
I may get them one day but Id prefer just a Ripley figure and a face hugger...then id be happy enough with my alien collection.

You can get some really great deals on those figures. I'm shocked at how low the prices have remained for those little masterpieces.
Not all that surprised. The Kane sculpt and the fear of what might happen to the suits has kept many people away. I know it kept me away. I did finally breakdown and got Kane and am in a not so urgent search for a Dallas.

Dallas is the better of the two IMO given that it has Skerrit's likeness. The John Holmes Kane sculpt is very unfortunate and even the facehugged head isn't great. Seems a bit small and badly painted.

I haven't noticed any degradation in the suits so far but the lights have always been a ______ to get working.

Face hugger head is great. That makes Kane superior to Skerrit, despite likeness.

I wish they would have included a spare Dallas head and his regular ship attire, because that sculpt is great, though.

Face hugger head is great.

I don't like it, never did. The sculpting of the hair is primitive by todays standards but as is the paint. The facehugger actually looks like its part of his face IMO, the paint doesn't distinguish it very well. Otherwise the figure does the job for me.

I doubt we'll see any deterioration. You can't really move them much.
And the onboard attire would have been great with Dallas.

Would any of you fine chaps tell me what type of body the HT Kane figure uses? The knee joint in mine broke when I first got him. He still stands, but I'd love to get a replacement sometime... Please let me know...
Chanks!

Back