Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....what? How did you get that from what I said??

edit- ah OK I know, it was my second sentence - which I in fact intended as a somewhat neutral defence of those who enjoy this figure in response to what Prefused said Re: "justifying a purchase after the fact". So when I think I'm defending you guys and then get attacked for it...yeah I find myself confused.

So what you object to is the idea that it is a FACT that this figure is innaccurate which was the basis I was operating on. Well...sorry but it is a fact. Its been demonstrated repeatedly and undeniably throughout this whole thread. Now, where opinon comes in is if I said something like "...and this figure is completely crap because of the innaccuracies"

No, it's the accuracy Nazi attitude you exhibit that annoys me slightly, when I read what you have to say. The only things that's been proven beyond any doubt is that you don't like it and people that do.

Why you guys feel the need to pop up and rain on others that do is between you and your psychiatrists. I'm not joining a silly hate club because something isn't perfectly accurate in your eyes. Nothing ever made will be 100% perfect to everyone.

I care about inaccuracy like the rest, but I'm not going to get all psycho and say it doesn't look anything like it should. I think It's a great figure that's as good as anything I've ever seen. I'm more than happy to buy yours if you really don't want it.

Your percentages are totally subjective and have no bearing on the accuracy of this piece.

It's not movie accurate.

Is that better for ya? :rotfl

You know exactly what I was saying - but honestly, I think you avoided answering me sensibly because you know you were wrong saying that: "It's not accurate...by any means. There is just no arguing that.". So you can say with absolute honestly that you think that this figure look absolutely nothing like Giger's Alien at all? Not even 1%? I think it has a 95% likeness, that's good enough for me. Perfection or nothing for you, huh? Good luck with that quest! :lol

No, it's the accuracy Nazi attitude you exhibit that annoys me slightly, when I read what you have to say. The only things that's been proven beyond any doubt is that you don't like it and people that do.

Why you guys feel the need to pop up and rain on others that do is between you and your psychiatrists. I'm not joining a silly hate club because something isn't perfectly accurate in your eyes. Nothing ever made will be 100% perfect to everyone.

I care about inaccuracy like the rest, but I'm not going to get all psycho and say it doesn't look anything like it should. I think It's a great figure that's as good as anything I've ever seen. I'm more than happy to buy yours if you really don't want it.

Like I said before the reason the complainers (about this particular figure) keep coming back is anyone who resurrects the thread passes some comment about how they can't understand the 'whiners' or something to that effect. I know thats the only reason I've posted in this thread of late. Not saying you've done that Hex, maybe you have at some point, but thats all. Just explaining why the same debate keeps happening. Again the thing that prompted me to post this time around was the suggestion that you guys are only attempting to justify your purchase after the fact...I disagreed with that, ergo tried to defend your position...so I was surprised by your post telling me to grow up....and now you're suggesting I'm an accuracy nazi to boot....based on?

It's like HT's Berserker. Easily the best detail and paint quality on any Alien they've done, but innaccurate. Fantastic figure, not-so-fantastic representation, but at least you can tell what movie it's supposed to be from.

And did I mention the detailing looks fantastic? Me, I just needed to fill in a space in my small HT Alien collection and Big Chap was the only other Alien they've done that I was interested in. And he really does look fantastic on display. Fantastic.

...oh, and fantastic.

You know exactly what I was saying - but honestly, I think you avoided answering me sensibly because you know you were wrong saying that: "It's not accurate...by any means. There is just no arguing that.". So you can say with absolute honestly that you think that this figure look absolutely nothing like Giger's Alien at all? Not even 1%? I think it has a 95% likeness, that's good enough for me. Perfection or nothing for you, huh? Good luck with that quest! :lol

Oh great...another noob with a "my opinion trumps yours" attitude.

I'm not going to argue with you, because you're not worth arguing with.

This is an old discussion, and my opinion was stated many pages back.

I don't need to worry about perfection kid, I've got plenty of movie accurate Alien pieces in my collection.

If this is the one you want in your collection, to represent what you think you saw in the movie, more power to you. I really could care less, about you or your opinion. :wave

I don't need to worry about perfection kid, I've got plenty of movie accurate Alien pieces in my collection.

If this is the one you want in your collection, to represent what you think you saw in the movie, more power to you. I really could care less, about you or your opinion. :wave

You say one thing while doing another. You really are a moronic jerk that can't express themselves without insults when you get caught out. Talk to everyone like that when you are so obviously wrong? You're lucky I don't report you. Goodbye to you!

Just FYI, he has actually been in arguments with people who've been dead wrong, yet were convinced he was. Calling a truce is a lot less painful than the inevitable "I told you so". And even if it won't come, you're still wasting space with these pointless arguments -- considering the same things have been brought up time and time again.

It's like the only grace period we ever got in this thread was over the summer when everyone picked him up from GoHastings and realized he was actually pretty cool for a slick $120.

You say one thing while doing another. You really are a moronic jerk that can't express themselves without insults when you get caught out. Talk to everyone like that when you are so obviously wrong? You're lucky I don't report you. Goodbye to you!

Ironic post is ironic.

Everyone breath deep and look at the happy dancing smiley pyramid

:dance
:dance :dance
:dance:dance:dance
:dance:dance:dance:dance

I know he's not accurate but i thought he was the best figure that is made to date as far as poses and quailty.I didnt want to repeat a debate i was wondering if you/others felt the same way.The rubber skin is scary to see what it would do but its to early to tell i quess.If statues could bend like a hot toy figure i would agree,i do not own the medicom verson so i dont know this answer or if theres a better figure out there.

I know he's not accurate but i thought he was the best figure that is made to date as far as poses and quailty.I didnt want to repeat a debate i was wondering if you/others felt the same way.The rubber skin is scary to see what it would do but its to early to tell i quess.If statues could bend like a hot toy figure i would agree,i do not own the medicom verson so i dont know this answer or if theres a better figure out there.

Like I said, I like the figure, I really do.

But, I like the Medicom more than the Hot Toys version.

In my opinion though, the 22" NECA Alien is a better, more accurate figure.

Yeah, it's not as poseable, but poseability does not a great figure make. :wink1:

Like I said, I like the figure, I really do.

But, I like the Medicom more than the Hot Toys version.

In my opinion though, the 22" NECA Alien is a better, more accurate figure.

Yeah, it's not as poseable, but poseability does not a great figure make. :wink1:

There was a time that I really wanted to pick up the Medicom version. Visually, it does look great...but doesn't the paint flake off quite easily?
That, and the fact that it's kind of small, bothers me. Not that it HAS to be in scale with other 1:6 items, but it'd be nice(r) if it was.
I haven't bought any 1:6 aliens because none of them have impressed me with their sculpt or scale. I'd rather not own multiples of the same creature -- I'm really just waiting for a piece that will be truly satisfying. There are too many other collectibles I'd like to own, to justify buying multiple Alien figs, when none of them truly stand up to the source material.
That said, I do own the 22" NECA fig, simply because for it's size and sculpt detail, the price was irresistible.
I also preordered all 3 NECA predator 1/4 scale figs simple because I don't think we'll EVER get another predator piece that is so ACCURATE to the source material... I really wish the alien could receive the same treatment. Their 1979 alien that I mentioned earlier IS nice, but it's still got some likeness issues on the head, especially the profile. It's still a closer likeness than this stylized Hot Toys piece though, not that I'm trying to make this into a comparison debate, I just wanted to talk about why I decide to purchase item A. rather than item B. from time to time... I have no real company loyalty.

Back