Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking at the highly acclaimed HCG 1:1 bust, and cant really see the difference in between the HT lips and the HCG although Ive read critiques that the HT lips are all wrong. They look the same to me. I DO see the difference in the dome though. I think THATS the major HTerror.

Last edited:
Well guys, I caved in & bought one. I got it for $155.00 shipped & that was the cheapest I could find it. :sick Overall I really love the way it looks even if it's not screen accurate. :eek: I hope it looks as good in hand as it does in the pics. Thanks for all the pics! :rock

Hmm, so it was you!?
I refuse to pay more than 120 dlvd for this thing.
:D

Is this confirmed or just rumored?

I'm not sure. I'm just saying IF they do it, I hope it's accurate.

Well...my HT "Big Chap" took a header off of his shelf today. No damage...luckily.

So, in reposing him trying to find a more stable pose, I figured I'd snap a few more pics for you guys.

I also decided to take a few with the Hot Toys original 1:4 Alien bust.
Since they were both sculpted by the same sculptor, I thought it would be interesting to see some comparisons.

100_1001.jpg

100_0999.jpg

100_1000.jpg

100_1002.jpg

100_1003.jpg

100_1004.jpg

100_1005.jpg

100_1007.jpg

100_1008.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, so it was you!?
I refuse to pay more than 120 dlvd for this thing.
:D

Did you make an offer for it too? I started with a offer of 100, then 120, he counter offered 125 & the bin was 130. Why put a best offer if your only going to take $5.00 off?

Did you make an offer for it too? I started with a offer of 100, then 120, he counter offered 125 & the bin was 130. Why put a best offer if your only going to take $5.00 off?

:lol Yeah, I offered $90 because of the shipping. :lol
I wasn't liking that $30 shipping at all because the most it should be is around $13.

I agree regarding the "Best offer" too. I mean...come on, why even bother!? As soon as I received his counter, I said forget it.
That back and forth thing is a waste of the buyer's time IMO.

I just e-mailed a buddy who'll do some scavenging for me.

That's not going to help a whole lot.

The only really clear shots of the whole Alien are the "backstage" production stills.

Sure, of the whole Alien. But the film has exceptional close ups of the important bits, like the mouth, dome etc. Take, for example, the front on, slightly from below shot of the Alien about to strike Ripley at the end of the film. Surely one look at the unfinished sculpt in his hand, and a paused DVD would have had Tsang saying "Hmmmm, that's not right..."? Or the fact that the tongue is bone white in the film, as you can see when it slowwwwly extends as the Alien is hiding in the pipes?

And I say again, it's not the minute detail that bothers me. The Medicom isn't entirely spot on with its mouth either, but it gives the overall impression of what we saw on screen.

Despite the lack of chromed teeth, this:

Aliencloseup.jpg

evokes this:

alien_297.JPG

fairly well, and despite being a blurry picture this:

Alien-2.jpg

evokes this:

alien_188.JPG

far better than this:

100_1007.jpg

In my opinion, obviously. The Medicom is far from perfect though, and the door is wide open for someone to have another crack at this figure.

And I say again, it's not the minute detail that bothers me. The Medicom isn't entirely spot on with its mouth either, but it gives the overall impression of what we saw on screen.

Aliencloseup.jpg

evokes this:

alien_297.JPG

Alien-2.jpg

evokes this:

alien_188.JPG

far better than this:

100_1007.jpg

In my opinion, obviously. The Medicom is far from perfect though, and the door is wide open for someone to have another crack at this figure.

I agree good point and great comparison pics. :D

But who would dare to take on this perfect organism............:dunno

It has been stated before, and I am also hoping for NECA to do a 1/6 scale. :lecture

I'd be very interested to see them taking another crack at it, as although I didn't like the last NECA effort overall, Tankman has the right attitude to Giger's Alien to do it justice.

I had a close look at this figure at my local retailer. I did not buy the figure after that. In my case though, the non-purchase is due more to budget constraints then anything else. Side by side though, I think the Medicom Version looks better than Hot Toys'.

Aliencloseup.jpg

evokes this:

alien_297.JPG

Alien-2.jpg

evokes this:

alien_188.JPG

far better than this:

100_1007.jpg

In that last pic looks like the ALIEN is saying, "WASSAP!" from the old bud light commercial. These are great pics you guys have posted BTW. Still looking fwd to getting mine, goofy mouth or not.

Alien-2.jpg

evokes this:

alien_188.JPG

far better than this:

100_1007.jpg

I'm not sure I quite understand the problem people have with the mouth in that last shot here. Is it because the mouth opens so wide, or is it because the upper teeth aren't as concave as the middle picture? If you close the mouth on that last shot..the only real difference I see is the concave upper teeth. And that could just be camera angle. That and the first and last digits on the hands needed to be more webbed.
Also, the gap between the edge of the dome and the mouth people were upset about seems dead on.

Back