Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! Mine fell from it's shelf again! No matter how stable you get it, gravity just slowly moves the ankle joints until it falls over. I think I may need to devise some sort of stand for it............it's ????ing annoying as hell! And it landed on the HDD section of my laptop! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nah, that's the cheapest I've seen it.
LMK if you find it for less.

Yeah, I'm thinking $135 is the cheapest also.

Ugh! Mine fell from it's shelf again! No matter how stable you get it, gravity just slowly moves the ankle joints until it falls over. I think I may need to devise some sort of stand for it............it's ????ing annoying as hell! And it landed on the HDD section of my laptop! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hmm...sounds like my mid-section.:(

Last edited:

Is there anything that is causing a slight vibration that might be causing it to fall? Does the base sit completely flat?

To ChaserFan.

Mine fell on to the floor about three times due to weak ankles. I then posed it so that the weight of the tail is behind the figure. The tail also just touches the backdrop. The center of gravity now means that it would fall backwards, but the tail touching the backdrop means it does not go anywhere.

Hmm...sounds like my mid-section.:(

:lol

Is there anything that is causing a slight vibration that might be causing it to fall? Does the base sit completely flat?

Yeah, the base is flat. It's pretty much just loose ankles.

To ChaserFan.

Mine fell on to the floor about three times due to weak ankles. I then posed it so that the weight of the tail is behind the figure. The tail also just touches the backdrop. The center of gravity now means that it would fall backwards, but the tail touching the backdrop means it does not go anywhere.

Cheers, I'll try that! It's just so frustrating!

Mine hasn't had that problem, it's been pretty stable. One thing I noticed is that if you use the base, try to prop the figure up using the back of the heels against the back inside edge of the base, it helps to stabilize it.
This isn't the display pose I use, I currently have it more upright.

DSCN0009.jpg

Last edited:
Mine fell on to the floor about three times due to weak ankles.

hmmmm. weak/loose ankle joints seem to be a pretty common problem with hot toys figures. my iron man mark1, robocop, and tdk batman all have this issue. it's nerve-wracking, worrying about if/when they're gonna fall over. :(

hmmmm. weak/loose ankle joints seem to be a pretty common problem with hot toys figures. my iron man mark1, robocop, and tdk batman all have this issue. it's nerve-wracking, worrying about if/when they're gonna fall over. :(

That's why in most cases HT provides you with a stand. ;)
It spares you from that one extra gray hair.

I think... the actual suit might have that seam. Not totally sure on that but I think it might.

Back