Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this on the OSW board...NOT GOOD....

Editing my original post:

I won't open my Alien's jaw. I won't play with my Alien. I won't move my Alien. I won't raise my Alien's arms. I won't spread my Alien's legs to more than a 15 degree angle. I won't touch my Alien, except in a dire need to move him, gingerly, from one place to another.

But he is still a kick-a$$ representation, when displayed in my dark cabinets. And I mean it. :D

I've had mine for awhile now and it's not exactly a delicate flower.
I've opened the mouth several times & the tendons seem strong enough. The arm range is limited in some angles, and I did have it pop out of joint once. But, if you've owned previous alien kits, they are put together in a similar fashion & it popped right back in.

Oh my! I just got mine today and now I'm afraid to touch it! :(

I'm still waitin' on UPS....:( . They deliver between like 8am and 7pm? LOL

EDIT: I would also wait until it reaches room temperature before doing anything with these figures....just sayin' ;-)

Last edited:
Got mine today and cant wait to open him. I'm thinking about keeping a hairdryer nearby to keep him warm when I bend him.

Also still dreaming of them doing more ALIEN figs. At least lambert to finish the 3 in spacesuits.

Well...here it is.

Hot Toys 1:6 "Big Chap" Alien figure.

It's a great figure, although not really accurate to Giger's sculpt.

I was a little disappointed at the material it's made out of though.
I had thought it was being made out of a more plastic material and not the rubber stuff Hot Toys has been using on their aliens.

Sadly, that's not the case. The ribs and shoulders are made out of a harder plastic, but that's it.
So, the same care will have to be taken with this piece as with all previous HT alien figures.

This one even more so, as it's body is made of one piece of rubber. There are no joints on the legs.
So, this particular Alien cannot spread it's legs more than 15 degrees apart. It even comes with a warning from HT not to do so.

This Alien does feature a nice base, backdrop and 2 extra, sculpted/fixed pose hands.
I'll be using the poseable set though, as I'm not a fan of "monster" hands for this piece.

I've included a few pics with the AvP:R Alien warrior, Medicom Alien and NECA Alien for size comparison.
Oddly, this figure seems to be a bit smaller than the AvP:R Alien.

Also, I took some pics with Reverend's killer Nostromo dio that he made for me, just for this figure.

Enjoy!

100_0970.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0972.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0979.jpg

100_0980.jpg

The big fella arrived today, great figure. I love my Medi Alien but I'm leaning towards this offering from HT at the moment, maybe just 'cause it's the new toy on the block... (plus the size issue). I guess I'll decide on a favourite in a few weeks or so.

Quick desktop pic:
Dsc0173733.jpg

Look at that picture, it's as if Deunan Knute is looking at the alien and just wanting to say "I remember when he looked at me like that." You almost feel bad.

I was kinda looking forward to this one, despite all the criticisms, but the OSW thread really has me thinking twice. If I don't want to move the thing, I'll get a statue. But then, my HT Kane looks awfully lonely with no Alien menace. . .

Great photos, and thanks for the rundown on the figure, Sabres!

Almost makes me reconsider my stance on this figure. Almost.

:slap It's a shame to have to get used to this look to like it instead of Giger's.

:rotfl

Yeah, but then again, I do have the Medi-alien and the NECA alien, so I can just enjoy this one as another HT interpretation.
But it is sad to think about what could have been...

Oh well.

Fantastic shots, Sabres! :clap

This is my fave. If I had this as my display I would be happy knowing it's as good as this Fig could possibly look. Awesome display. Again, in certain poses it makes a striking display, none more so than this. Oh well. :D

100_0992.jpg

I love the irony of how Neca's BIGGER Chap owns it in this shot:

100_0987-1.jpg

And what's with the BBQ stains in his teeth and chest? Has this chap been eating Babyback Ribs at Chili's?

100_0975.jpg

Back