Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday and I think it's pretty great! Way better than the ALIENS versions HT put out. In fact, when you put them next to each other, it really makes the Alien Warriors look pretty sketch.

I really love my 18" NECA as well, it has great presence on the shelf. Hulking yet elegant. Shame about the joints messing up the beautiful sculpt, but hey its hard plastic so what you gonna do? I'd love to see a rubber body on the 1/6 NECA if they end up doing it, really adds realism on the hottoys chap. would make it expensive tho.

Great pics, love the poses you went for. I'd have had mine do similar things if I was buying it.

Not sure I agree about the licensing thing in this case though. Surely it would have to stray even more from the film creature than it does in order to not be in breach - if indeed they were restricted. Because its still clearly an Alien even though it misses the mark in key areas. To be honest I really think they either just didn't care enough - they genuinely don't see the innaccuracies themselves - or the jaw mechanism required certain compromises and they felt obliged to keep that gimmick as they had done it on all the other aliens.

It's not a copyright issue. HT clearly recognizes the copyrights & has the Alien & 20th Century trademark logo on the figure spec page.

You nearly sold me on this figure. These pics are nice. I'd love to see more. Still not buying it in favor of the Sideshow version, but it looks amazing in these.
Ahh here we go:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(stoop pose FTW)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have more if people wanna see, but thats more than enough for now I think! don't wanna outstay me welcome :p

Can anybody take any pics with the fully mouth open or does it even open????

The mouth mechanism is broken on mine :( dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but the angle of the tongue makes it hit the teeth on the lower jaw and not extend properly. Also is the mouth supposed to stay open when you open it with the slider thing? kus mine just springs shut when you let go :confused:

Back