Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck are you guys talking about? You must have some sort of sixth Alien sense. I'm a stickler for detail too but geeze I don't even see how this is different from the first time they showed it. It always looked cool. I like Alien. I got lots of Aliens. I'll get this cause it's cool. They changed it, I saw no difference... I liked it before... I like it now. Whatever, be happy :)

No difference? Compare the length of the teeth and placement of the eye sockets under the dome, for one thing:

Old:
6Alien_BigChapAlien.jpg

New:
2UPDATED_Alien_BigChap-1.jpg

And the shape of the hands.

Old (has thumb and five fingers):
7Alien_BigChapAlien.jpg

New (has two thumbs and four fingers):
6b12495574404a7abbc074c7b.jpg

Can see how the hands are a big deal for sure but the head doesn't seem such a big deal to me. And why are people still saying there is something wrong with it?

The head is a huge difference and the changes have made it look ten times better.
It doesn't look like a dinosaur anymore. :lol

He especially doesn't look like and angry dinosaur... Although it'd still kill you in a second. :lol

I think HT got off lightly on this one... they barely made minor changes to the face, corrected the second thumb and everyone's happy...
No way can this compete in terms of accuracy with the Predator.

Again, agreed...the predator being too small notwithstanding.

Can see how the hands are a big deal for sure but the head doesn't seem such a big deal to me. And why are people still saying there is something wrong with it?

Go back a few pages, I posted a run down of everything that is off on this figure compared to the original Giger creation.

A quick summary of what is "off": the entire face (lips, teeth, proportions), the forearms, the fifth spike in the back, the ribs, the lower legs.
And that is without getting into the details.

It's a very cool figure, just not accurate by any standards.

You must have some sort of sixth Alien sense. I'm a stickler for detail too but geeze I don't even see how this is different from the first time they showed it.
human eyes are not sixth sense, as well as human memory of what was shown in the movie and in figures.
maybe it is for HT, but not for usual people.

Finally got to order mine from Sideshow. I was waiting for enough reward points to kick in and now it seems the "Big Chap" will be mine for under $40! :D

Back