Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought.

2UPDATED_Alien_BigChap-1.jpg

I never bought any previous HT aliens before and heard about the problems with their skin, joints, etc. Do you guys think it will happen to this alien too?

I never bought any previous HT aliens before and heard about the problems with their skin, joints, etc. Do you guys think it will happen to this alien too?

I've owned all of them, I've only had and (heard of) problems with their ALIENS Warrior blue version.

Kind of a crap shoot... but fingers crossed this one comes out okay. Good thing is this guy is pretty limited in his poses, so I imagine it won't have as great of a fail rate as there its not as capable of getting into extreme poses. As long as the ankles hold out we should be in good shape.

I've owned all of them, I've only had and (heard of) problems with their ALIENS Warrior blue version.

Dog Alien was prone to breakage due to how thin the joints were... also I personally had difficulty with loose ankles on the AVP-R Warrior. Don't know if the problem was very common with the AVP-R, but so far the only problem free Aliens I've had were the AVP and the Predalien.

Yeah the ankle joints on my AVPR were a bit loose, but the super glue trick came to the rescue. Aside from the occasional loose joint, I've only had a real problem with the ALIENS figure. It had peeling/chipping paint and terrible joints (and the tail wire snapped). HT fixed most of these issues with the Brown colored re-release.

Likewise, I had no problems with the original AVP and Predalien, and my Dog Alien was fortunately problem free.

I don't see many of the same issues occurring on the Big Chap. Hopefully.

Are there still inaccuracies with it?

Just askin'.

Other than the re-sculpted hands... everything that was wrong is still wrong! :lol

Hey, kudos to HT for making adjustments that definitely made the figure look better, but it's still way off.
As some of us have been saying, very cool alien, just not Giger's alien.

Who knows, maybe they'll tweak it some more.

Improved certainly but I still just don't know. Facially I think it bears more of a resemblance to the Aliens warrior than the original. The extended gap between the dome and the teeth could be what throws it off.

I'm not sure if I bought this that I wouldn't end up regretting it like I kinda do with the previous aliens. Do I really need another "almost, but not quite" Hot toys alien.

Well, since HT has updated their site with these pics, I'll bet this is the final version.

There won't be anymore changes.

Thank you Hot Toys.
This will be my 15th and 16th Xenomorph related Hot Toys figure. :rock

Well, since HT has updated their site with these pics, I'll bet this is the final version.

There won't be anymore changes.

Depends. HT updated their site with new pics of Marcus Wright after they modified the sculpts. Here's the current pic of the battle damaged head sculpt on their site:

IMG_4379a_370x538.jpg

But you can see HT has updated that even further (SDCC):

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3290.JPG

Adding blood etc. to the sculpt. So it is possible that HT could make more changes. Even if it's just something as simple as paint. Especially with a Q4 release date + a possible delay. So maybe this is it, what you see is what you get. Or maybe not. Point is, you can't really tell for certain based off of HT updating pics on their site.

Paint changes can be made up to the last minute, but sculpting changes...that's something else. I agree that this is probably the final version. Don't see them going another round with changes.

It's not exact, that's clear, but it looks damn good to me for a 12" figure. I'll happily add this to my collection and be done with it.

Yeah, paint changes are not what I was referring to.

SCULPTURE WISE...I'll bet this is the final version.

And I'm happy with it as well. HUGE THANKS to Hot Toys for listening.

I looks nice, but I'm hoping the gloss on the shoulder tubes isn't on the production figure. It seems like the gloss on the ALIENS figure leads to flaking, my AVP alien doesn't flake off at all. Paint jobs are nice to have, but with these figures being rubber, I'd rather simple and long lasting than detailed and bound to fade away.

Back