Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinyl figure.
1alienbigchapvinyl.jpg

im not a fan of any vinyl products but that alien is awesome :lol so much so.... I may actually buy it :eek:

this thread is just one big disappointment after another. i may end up getting the damn medicom figure.
and ^^^^ you, NECA, for refusing to do 1/6 figures.

No matter whether you get HT's or not, you should get the Medicom figure, it's really a beautiful rendition of the alien! Along with NECA's, it is the most accurate in action figure form.

No matter whether you get HT's or not, you should get the Medicom figure, it's really a beautiful rendition of the alien! Along with NECA's, it is the most accurate in action figure form.

damn rights. i just watched alien and if u compare the the neca(18") to the part where the alien drags that dude up into the air shaft or whatever it is. its almost spot on the only thing that makes it imperfect is the dome. has anyone tried opening up the neca's dome and fogging it up like in the movie? OH and that vinyl kicks ass,great pose, put him sideways and its just like the part where hes on the escape pod.

The later version of the NECA figure does have a clouded dome, but many people actually think it looks worse because of the way it was done. I did sand my dome (from the outside, since I couldn't figure out how to remove it) and it turned out pretty well, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. The plastic used isn't ideal for it.

NECA_alien_dome3.jpg

I don't know why people aren't clamouring to get the Medicom (Well I do - it was expensive and apparently scale matters to some people), because I seriously think it's the best Alien figure there has ever been. I'm still waiting to see somebody customize it, because it's only a lick of paint and some Ox Teeth away from perfection. People have been holding out for the Hot Toys one I guess, when a decent Alien figure was right under our noses all along. Just get it and display it apart from the rest of your collection. On a special plinth perhaps...or in the bathroom!

DSCN4587.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

because I seriously think it's the best Alien figure there has ever been. People have been holding out for the Hot Toys one I guess, when a decent Alien figure was right under our noses all along. Just get it and display it apart from the rest of your collection.

I've been after this Medicom for awhile now. White Wizard has them for only $110.50 shipped, but I cannot check out on their website, and they do not return my emails. I don't know what's up with that. Then of course I keep pestering Alter Ego every day to make the "little big chap" from Medicom the next days "deal of the day" but have not been successful yet. The day this goes on sale at Alter Ego is the day I order him! I'm in the school that thinks the little figures from Medicom are slightly overpriced. Fingers crossed for a sale.

I saw the Medicom Alien at Universal Studios Them Park & another store in Orlando yesterday.

Ugh. Small. Not detailed enough. An easy pass. I'll wait for the Hot Toys version & live with my NECA 21" version, which is a really good bang for the buck at $40.00.

If you said the paint apps were lacking detail then I'd agree, but that's why I'm itching to see a good custom job. But the sculpt itself is really very detailed indeed.

If you said the paint apps were lacking detail then I'd agree
no. total body has not even 1/2 details. and those that exist are like melted.
it looked nice on promo photos, but appeared to be ^^^^ IRL.
but i agree, it has alot more likeness in common shape with the movie creature than HT-thing.

I think the detail could be a little sharper on the shoulders, but other than that, I think it's one of the most accurate ones out there. I agree DSD, it's awesome. Definitely my favorite alien figure.

Picture007.jpg

Hoping that HT keeps working on theirs. They sure seem to be listening.

Back