1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Anti-Ock Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Anti-Ock Suit)

Kinda disappointed in this actually. I was excited to see this at first, but was told that There are no light up features on the body. It's all UV light. ugh. I may still get this. Maybe.

WTF is up with their obsession over UV paint lately?

Maybe they could?ve used an entirely sculpted suit as I?m sure visible joints wouldn?t be much of an issue with this version.

113863175_10157385656912344_1713804540660202028_o.jpg

Those tentacles on the base look BRILLIANT! I loved the Doc Ock design in the game, anyone think there's a chance Hot Toys makes a Doc Ock figure in this line with poseable tentacles...? :pray:

Those tentacles on the base look BRILLIANT! I loved the Doc Ock design in the game, anyone think there's a chance Hot Toys makes a Doc Ock figure in this line with poseable tentacles...? :pray:

Hopefully not. Have you seen Doc Ock from the game? Nothing I would like to have displayed on my shelves.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oof, finally a PS4 suit I'll have to heavily consider. And yeah, a good game, but the villain designs were mostly blah, imo. Except for Rhino.

Hopefully not. Have you seen Doc Ock from the game? Nothing I would like to have displayed on my shelves.

View attachment 491101

I was thinking something more like this: Doc Ock.jpg

More Tragic Fallen Scientist Doc Ock as opposed to Scraggly Hobo Doc Ock.

But to each their own. Either way, I far prefer the tentacles in the game to the movie. The game tentacles look creepy as hell and the way they move made my skin crawl, all sinewy and serpentine. Plus they have ****-off big, nasty looking pincer claws on the ends. The Raimi Ock's tentacles always looked janky to me, almost like a weird steampunk version, and the clamps on the end don't look remotely dangerous. And besides the look, Raimi Ock is just a far weaker character than the PS4 game version, his motivations are ridiculous and his actions don't make a whole lot of sense. I found the PS4 version a lot more compelling and believable.

Also, I've never been a huge fan of the Raimi Spider-Man films, they were just never what I imagined when I read the comics as a kid. I do realise that this is tantamount to blasphemy in some circles and that most people have fond memories of them, but again - To each their own.

I hope it comes with a battle damaged head. If not, that's a huge missed opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This one, Classic suit, and the armoured suit from Marvel now. Is on my most wanted list.

Doesn’t bode well for a Doc Ock figures when we just get his tentacles as the base diorama. Sandman, Molten Man, and Vulture never got full figures.

$236 regular and $255 deluxe at toyswonderland.

I'm skipping this unless there is a doc ock, its a suit you dont get until the final battle so I didnt play with this very much.

Back