1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an email from Popcultcha that this won't arrive till 31st January now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep same email but it said the original ETA was 12 July?
I don't recall it ever been that early.
Anyways more time to pay other pre-orders off.

Yep same email but it said the original ETA was 12 July?
I don't recall it ever been that early.
Anyways more time to pay other pre-orders off.
Yeah I think I preorder in July, but we were never gonna get it then lol. Yeah I have too many PO with them atm. Nice to know this will not drop just before xmas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got mine today!

I'll have to pick up mine tomorrow. UPS was kind enough to leave one of their "sorry we missed you" notices on my door today. I guess they couldn't be bothered to knock or ring the door bell. I was home working in my basement - no way I wouldn't have heard if they'd actually done so. Plus my car was in the driveway & the garage door was open, so it was rather obvious someone was home. Gotta love how they go the extra mile for their customers.

:gah:

Finally got mine today...been excited for this figure since it was released. I gotta say, it’s a favorite...would have loved to have seen this suit in one of the movies. It gives off a Navy Seal kinda vibe...very bad ass...

AFB2A08B-BCFC-400A-819C-FA06FC775135.jpg

Just unboxed this, really nice figure! Love the box art slipcover and clean display stand. Body proportions are great, nice selection of hands, and switch out face is a plus. Also really like the material used for the suit, seems like it's something new.

A few easy things would have made this a near perfect release...the shields should be diecast at this price point c'mon, round shield should be magnetic to Cap's back, Steve headsculpt definitely should be included at this price.

Got mine today and I love it. Decided to get this instead of the Infinity War Cap, and I definitely made the right call.

This is up there with my Civil War 'Battling Version" for my favorite Hot Toys Cap.

Super quick iPhone pic, because yes, this should have come with an unhelmeted head as well.

IMG_3250.jpg

The fig I didn't know I needed:cool:. He's beautiful...had some of the stuff like CW Cap e.g. trying to get shield on, whole neck came off to switch out head and then the inner collar needs some futzing - also had to watch the 4 snaps in the back getting strained depending on pose. Felt better just unsnapping. Nothing unusual re a 1/6 fig.

I was thinkin' about cancelling and really, really glad I didn't. He's sturdy and great to work with - and Cap's ripped, too:cool:. Plasticy-canvas uniform feels tough had no worries about handling. Sux about plastic shields but they look great. Great box too. Was worried HT would make him too pale with the black/white theme but perfect paint.

Need more time to work with him but cell pics:

HotToys_CaptainAmericaconcept_IMv2.jpg

HotToys_CaptainAmericaconcept_IMclose.jpg

HotToys_CaptainAmericaconcept_WinterSoldierBucky.jpg

Lucky I have 2 CW Buckys coz *d@mn* looks great on the shelf w. the black and silver...:love

HotToys_CaptainAmericaconceptart10years.jpg

Luv this fig:yess: Ended up liking the black/silver helmet so much not sure if I'll do a Rogers sculpt, or not. Hafta check the look out later.

Received my "Covert" Captain America yesterday afternoon. Set him up with the rest of the team. After taking some pics, and sleeping on it, I decided to put a Steve Rogers head sculpt on him, to coincide with the artist conception on how he should have looked in the Lagos scene. Besides, not a big fan of that other sculpt, looks like he has an elongated face. IF that scene would have been longer and a better introduction, this covert uniform would have been awesome, especially if they would have painted the shield black and gray. Kind of like the opening scene to Winter Soldier and his strike uniform which I love. Someone mentioned the look of a Navy Seal, which I can relate to.20181114_173615.jpg20181115_054328.jpg

Received my "Covert" Captain America yesterday afternoon. Set him up with the rest of the team. After taking some pics, and sleeping on it, I decided to put a Steve Rogers head sculpt on him, to coincide with the artist conception on how he should have looked in the Lagos scene. Besides, not a big fan of that other sculpt, looks like he has an elongated face. IF that scene would have been longer and a better introduction, this covert uniform would have been awesome, especially if they would have painted the shield black and gray. Kind of like the opening scene to Winter Soldier and his strike uniform which I love. Someone mentioned the look of a Navy Seal, which I can relate to.

I can see that. Haven't decided yet as luv the helmet sculpt. Hard to explain 'coz it's subtle but costume materials have a nice texture/sheen contrast e.g. this fig is badass on the shelf.

HotToys_CaptainAmericaconcept_SW_WS.jpg

If the light's right it's almost like all is a deep, deep navy blue. Avengers assemble!:clap

Back