1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black electrical tape will do the trick.

Ahh, what a simple fix, I wouldn't have thought of that! LOL Though, I remembered about the IM leg sleeves that come with the Hulkbuster, and so I cut a small piece (I wasn't using the sleeves anyway) to fit on the neck post, worked ok.

Even if you don't have one spare, you can make one from a paperclip and some pliers.
It can be done for any Cap, especially the ones that came before the little black clip was included with figures.

EBC57586-4A78-4B8B-A7C7-3E43FCA9534B.jpg

A3F66054-AC17-430D-B215-AAE5ADF46A51.jpg

E4D7ABE1-4FE9-4B37-BCCB-4F2F8720E77C.jpg

0655A2D3-D1B5-42A0-BC32-FE06A2A3464E.jpg

916DDB32-0FFF-47D0-AB01-191A9F9F6CD0.jpg

20F5D70B-02B2-4234-A57C-E68C4CD3F18B.jpg

84D2DA71-47DD-470E-98F3-55F44894D6B6.jpg

DBFFDE8D-443A-43A2-8D62-5D2B3C60A099.jpg

A2298FF9-B278-491A-AC1A-95C4E172A5F7.jpg

B71FC555-E4E6-4CD5-8738-5BDF24C2BE80.jpg

03EEE7A2-1B3D-4D05-A429-460F9AF5BA36.jpg
Epic. Will do.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

It’s guerilla customising, lol.
Use what you have to hand.

Werd! I’ve been using paper clips for these figures forever. Like when everyone complained that BvS Armored Bats didn’t have a way to mount the grenade launcher to his belt, I broke out the paper clips, wire cutters and pliers.

My most recent usage has been with this Concept Cap but not just mounting his shield on his back but also for some of the weapons I’ve decided to add to him. Right now he is sporting his vibranium shield, while holding a SAW (same gun Bucky has in CW/IW), with 2 combat knives on his left leg, a Desert Eagle on on his left calf, a Glock 40 on his belt behind his back, a Baretta on his right leg, an extra mag for the SAW on his belt, a shotgun slung over his shoulder, 2 flash bangs hooked to his shoulder harness on his right and 2 smoke grenades clipped to his shoulder harness on his left. My Concept Cap is ready for WAR!

I know that I’ve posted some pictures in this thread (in different stages of weaponizing) but my point is that “gorilla customizing” is where it’s at! Wiring capes, adding mounts, completing kitbashes, etc.

By the way, great quote! Deep Impact is a very underrated movie.

Werd! I’ve been using paper clips for these figures forever. Like when everyone complained that BvS Armored Bats didn’t have a way to mount the grenade launcher to his belt, I broke out the paper clips, wire cutters and pliers.

My most recent usage has been with this Concept Cap but not just mounting his shield on his back but also for some of the weapons I’ve decided to add to him. Right now he is sporting his vibranium shield, while holding a SAW (same gun Bucky has in CW/IW), with 2 combat knives on his left leg, a Desert Eagle on on his left calf, a Glock 40 on his belt behind his back, a Baretta on his right leg, an extra mag for the SAW on his belt, a shotgun slung over his shoulder, 2 flash bangs hooked to his shoulder harness on his right and 2 smoke grenades clipped to his shoulder harness on his left. My Concept Cap is ready for WAR!

I think i have seen those pics, but feel free to post them again. I love custom work.

I know that I’ve posted some pictures in this thread (in different stages of weaponizing) but my point is that “gorilla customizing” is where it’s at! Wiring capes, adding mounts, completing kitbashes, etc.

It's always the most fun to add just a little extra to your figures to make them your own. I find that more fun that posting pics of a stock figure. I don't have the Emperor yet, but i just made him a ROTS throne(The one Palpatine sat in when watching Anakin and Dooku fight). It's been a fun build. And i know it's one of a kind. There doesn't even seem to be pics of the prop from the movie, so it was challenging too.

By the way, great quote! Deep Impact is a very underrated movie.

Finally someone gets it, lol.
I love that quote.
It works even more nowadays.

I finally opened this guy up today. Had him sealed in shipper, and gave in after a month or so. Great figure, could have at lest put a clip for the back. But I love the black suit.
a96922d93b0b6c0e2f9199bdb3094740.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hello, has anyone experienced this issue I am experiencing?

The exposed knuckles on almost all of the hands have paint bleed (either skin tone over the glove, or black over the skin color). I ordered through SS, got replacement hands, and they're of the same/worse paint app... I'm contemplating fixing the paint myself, but just thinking about it is making feel pretty disappointed in the figure.

I wouldn't mind if it didn't have such stark contrast between skin and uniform that it is very noticeable even when looking from afar. Maybe I need to just color the knuckles in black and call it a day...

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190316164853859_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190316165053589_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190316165907016.jpg

Wow, I mean there is a point that being too picky can really ruin it all. These are not paint bleed, these are just hand painted hands (that’s funny) and they are going to have some variation. It’s incredible that that you actually asked for replacements but more incredible that you actually even noticed that. I took a look at mine with a jewelers loop and could tell that they aren’t “perfect” but can’t even notice it without the loop.

And collectors wonder why prices keep rising
:slap:dunno:cuckoo:

Wow, I mean there is a point that being too picky can really ruin it all. These are not paint bleed, these are just hand painted hands (that’s funny) and they are going to have some variation. It’s incredible that that you actually asked for replacements but more incredible that you actually even noticed that. I took a look at mine with a jewelers loop and could tell that they aren’t “perfect” but can’t even notice it without the loop.

And collectors wonder why prices keep rising
:slap:dunno:cuckoo:

I agree partly but unless the rate of requests has increased with time, then I doubt the rising costs are attributed to customers asking for replacements.

I’m sure the cost of replacements is built into the msrp, but the rise in costs is more likely due to production cost increases.

But yeah, I hadn’t even taken a look at my Cap’s glove paint. Just put on the shields and was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm nitpicky when it comes to my HTs...but that's a bit next level!

Next time I won't feel so bad when I have a legit replacement issue. :lol

I'm also legit surprised SS complied with your replacement request!

Welp, sorry for being the minority in this. I'm a new collector that started off with DC IM, and just recently dabbled with purchasing "human" figures. Was just curious if mine was an isolated incident, or if this was the norm.

To me, HT represent the "ultimate detailed figure", so my expectations are high for the brand. When I'm taking detailed photos of these, features like poorly painted knuckles do stand out. If these were 1/12 or smaller scale figures, I could accept the paint app because it's just harder to paint.

I mean, if this quality is acceptable, then of course HT will continue to push out the same caliber of product, charging more and more while giving less. For me, this was enough to think twice about pre-ordering "human" figures.

Wow, I'm nitpicky when it comes to my HTs...but that's a bit next level!

Next time I won't feel so bad when I have a legit replacement issue. :lol

I'm also legit surprised SS complied with your replacement request!

I dunno...it looks pretty rough in the photos. HT usually has tighter detail work than that. I wouldn't expect that from them.

I looked at mine to compare and I have the same issue with the knuckles. I'm alright with it. I only ever had 2 issues and one recently that was fixed within a week. IW Cap had a few paint chips missing off the back of the head and SS sent out a new head after seeing the photos. They didnt even ask me to destroy the other head. So now I've got an extra IW Cap head in my fodder box. Maybe I could find something to do with it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just think of it as the gloves coming apart a bit in the knuckles from all of the battles he’s been in and the material is covering part of his knuckles now. No biggie. Mine is the same way. I never even noticed until I looked closely

Apologies, I haven't been through the whole thread but I made a little adjustment and I thought I would share. I removed the padded undergarments from his hip section and it has opened up quite a bit of lower articulation. You don't have to cut anything or make an permanent modifications and it really opens up the figure.

If you want to try (at your own risk) just remove the belt, shoes, spats and pants. Carefully slide the white padded under-suit down the thighs. Replace everything and you'll get a wider stance and the legs can kick up quite a bit further. The other nice thing is the snaps on the reverse suspenders don't come undone now when you crunch the abs forward.

Again, if this has been covered, I apologize, I was just elated that I could get a bit more lower articulation out of this awesome figure in a non destructive manner.

Back