Hot Toys- Man of Steel new teaser images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the head sculpt looks very similar to this picture.

movies-man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman.jpg

Yea so no excuses that ya missed out. Plenty of time and thats fine with me.

Looking good so far!

Jor-El and Supes.

I'm sure Zod might be taking a little longer because they might also be molding all that armor he has. The helmet, shoulder-pads, etc. At this rate, there is the potential for Zod to be a DX release.

I'm sure if they're "struggling" with Superman's likeness, they might push out a DX version much like they did with Batman. Granted, they don't need to go through tweaking the armor and structure over and over like they did with the Nolan Batman but I wouldn't be surprised if they go that route.

The arms are NOT short. The pictures are from two different angles. Look at the corners of S sheild on the figure. Because of the angle of the shot he right top corner (Superman's right, our left) of the sheild appears higher than the left corner.

Now, mentally draw a line along the top of the sheild, and draw a parallel line at the same angle (it can't be horizontal because of the angle of the shot), and you'll see that his wrist on the figure lines up in relatively the same place respective to his "belt buckle" as on the real suit.

The arms are not short unless the S sheild is also crooked. It is the angle of the photo.

Is he wearing a muscle suit or is dude really that big?

Oh yeah !!!!! This is what I've been waiting for. :panic::panic::panic::panic: I'm going to be going nuts waiting for these to guys to be fully revealed and put up for pre order. I really hope Supes comes with a wired cape and flying base.:pray:

The arms are NOT short. The pictures are from two different angles. Look at the corners of S sheild on the figure. Because of the angle of the shot he right top corner (Superman's right, our left) of the sheild appears higher than the left corner.

Now, mentally draw a line along the top of the sheild, and draw a parallel line at the same angle (it can't be horizontal because of the angle of the shot), and you'll see that his wrist on the figure lines up in relatively the same place respective to his "belt buckle" as on the real suit.

The arms are not short unless the S sheild is also crooked. It is the angle of the photo.

While agree with you about the figure, I actually think Cavills arms are a little short. I noticed it when I saw pictures of his flying pose but I never saw anyone else say anything

Looks fantastic. Can't wait for this reveal. Doubt I'm in for Jor-el even though that costume looks awesome. Know I'm going to PO Supes first day and then WHEN the movie blows me away I'll get Zod.

These look great - but we've been teased so long! I was hoping for reveals! :)

Jor-el looks great, though at first I was hoping for his armor. I think this will be a good look for him. The suits look great. I was afraid they might have the rather unpleasant plasticky feel of the Amazing Spider-man costume. I hope that isn't the case for the full reveal.

I think an alternate head with light-up red eyes would be amazing.

While agree with you about the figure, I actually think Cavills arms are a little short. I noticed it when I saw pictures of his flying pose but I never saw anyone else say anything
I noticed that before....maybe it was just the particular picture I saw but his arms did look a little short.

Ya I hope the fabric is going to be somewhat like the spider-man ones, but a bit thicker...that'll be sweet.

I think the Hot Toys Black Suit Spider-Man outfit is just about perfect in its execution. I hope they do a similar treatment with these... though I need to see the movie before committing myself to a purchase.

Sallah

I think the Hot Toys Black Suit Spider-Man outfit is just about perfect in its execution. I hope they do a similar treatment with these... though I need to see the movie before committing myself to a purchase.

Sallah
Yeah - it's a shame they didn't do a sculpted textured head for the red & blue suit too.

I guess they wanted to see how their version of a full fabric suit would go down with fans before they tried something else.

These look great - but we've been teased so long! I was hoping for reveals! :)

Jor-el looks great, though at first I was hoping for his armor. I think this will be a good look for him. The suits look great. I was afraid they might have the rather unpleasant plasticky feel of the Amazing Spider-man costume. I hope that isn't the case for the full reveal.

I think an alternate head with light-up red eyes would be amazing.

Do you mean plasticky look? The ASM figure hasn't been released yet.

Hmmm, maybe. But short compared to who? His hands seem to reach to about the average location on the thigh when he is standing in a relaxed pose. Also, notice that his elbows are slightly bent. Straightened elbows and fingers would make his arms reach longer, but also be an unnatural stance.

Yeh, this is what I was trying to get at. You just worded it much better than me. :lol
:lol this made my day more than the announcement. :lol
haha I was more or less agreeing with you and just elaborating a bit :wink1:

And who doesn't love Bela Lugosi :yess:
Probably a double layered suit, with fabric underneath and mesh on top. At least that's what it looks like as the mesh seems to be slightly larger scale than the actual suit!
Hmm idk, you could be right, but to me, looks very similar to the way the pattern was done Returns figure suit just done better with their advancement.
I've been waiting for any new announcement on this line patiently. I will buy everything that comes out for this line. Crossing my fingers for Zod.
So will I even if the movie sucks (though i hope it doesnt). I know no one is clamoring for her but I hope by the time the movie is out ppl want Faora too. Love her earth armor and really hope they make her
Between this and the Asmus reveal for the LOTR Witch King, it is already a great day.
Yep! Nearly ***** my pants with both shown
HOLY ****!!! Can't wait! Supermans suit looks perfect! :yess:
:lecture:exactly:
I hope the head sculpt looks very similar to this picture.

movies-man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman.jpg
Same here. Don't really want a smirking sculpt. Maybe an angry one but that pic is perfect for what I hope the sculpt looks like

Which is Just like every other HT figure though. :dunno
I just want to order the damn thing. I don't mind waiting for release
Nah, I don't think any of these figures will have will be DX.
Yep and don't think they need to be either.

This whole 'if the movie's good' speel just doesn't wash with me. :lol

If the design is great - that seems the more relevant factor, as long as you have a connection with a given character on some level to begin with of course. :)

It's like the AVP figures - the new ones specifically. The Scar looks awesome; do you need to like the film to want it if you like the Predator franchise - & that specific design? :huh

Back