Hot Toys- Man of Steel new teaser images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really hyped for the movie and I will probably pass on the Supes... but definitely picking up the Jor El.

I can understand the "if movie is good" concept and I buy into that 100%. But based on recent history, chances are the pre-order period for this will be over before the movie opens, at least that's what's happening here in the Philippines.

But, hey this is Superman, let me see the full prototype reveal and I will judge it from that LOL

This whole 'if the movie's good' speel just doesn't wash with me. :lol

If the design is great - that seems the more relevant factor, as long as you have a connection with a given character on some level to begin with of course. :)

Atleast for me, if I don't enjoy the movie I probably won't have any connection to the character.

Its the same reason im not going to buy the Snake Eyes figure. Design is pretty cool looking, but the movie sucked and I have no intention of ever watching it again.

I guess there's degrees of.. tolerance, isn't there. :lol

For example; I despise 'Batman & Robin'.. but I would SOOOOO buy a HT Uma Thurman Poison Ivy figure! :exactly:

This whole 'if the movie's good' speel just doesn't wash with me. :lol

If the design is great - that seems the more relevant factor, as long as you have a connection with a given character on some level to begin with of course. :)

It's like the AVP figures - the new ones specifically. The Scar looks awesome; do you need to like the film to want it if you like the Predator franchise - & that specific design? :huh

I'm not spending $250 on a toy from a merely 'good' movie ... much less a mediocre movie or bad movie. With prices like that -- I want good likenesses of iconic characters from great movies/shows. That's it. Not-so-iconic characters, poor likenesses, or lousy movies aren't good enough for that price tag. Its why I passed on Batman 89 (good movie, not great), Indiana Jones (bad representation), and Catwoman from TDKR (not iconic enough). If you don't have standards ... you'll end up owning a bunch of crap you don't even want.

MOS has the potential of me buying three figures -- Jor-El, Superman and Zod -- if the movie is as good as I expect, and the characters as memorable. Likenesses look great so far.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I was just planning on getting Superman, but Jor-El looks awesome. As long as the figure looks good I'll get it too
21205_568048663240340_432848211_n.jpg

I was just planning on getting Superman, but Jor-El looks awesome. As long as the figure looks good I'll get it too

I'm with you. Never interested in Brando's Shakespearean Jor-El ... but Crowe's Jor-El has the potential to be quite the badass. Looks awesome. Definite potential. We shall see.

SnakeDoc

I was planning on just getting Superman. As the pictures and trailers starting coming out I figured I was going to get Zod and Faora as well and was on the fence about Jor-El. But I was only kidding myself, I want them all. This film is going to have to be worse than Green Lantern for me not to get everything they make.

I have little to no intrest in Jor-El. I'm glad there are people who want him. For me I want Superman and Zod. Regardless of how MOS turns out as a film, I like the design of the characters in this film, so i will buy these figures. Can't wait for the full reveal. I hopw we get the Wesker style head with glowing red eyes as a second headsculpt.

I have little to no intrest in Jor-El. I'm glad there are people who want him. For me I want Superman and Zod. Regardless of how MOS turns out as a film, I like the design of the characters in this film, so i will buy these figures. Can't wait for the full reveal. I hopw we get the Wesker style head with glowing red eyes as a second headsculpt.

That be sick if they did that.

technically there are three possible Zod looks Amor on Krypton, Armor on Earth , and Body suit no Armor

Jor-el will have 2 looks

Faora similar to Zod has 3 looks

their might be more Zryptonian villians ;)

Bring it !!!!!!!

Superman-Vs.-General-Zod-Man-of-Steel-Empire-Magazine-Covers.jpg

Last edited:
Back