Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
If HT are not making 1/6 figures, they have wasted picking up a licence for this.

I'm hoping these items are a step in the right direction to get 1/6 figures made. Sideshow started with Star Wars PF's and now are also making dios, 1/6, 1:1 busts, 1:2 Busts and more. Hoping HT can do the same with the Matrix.

I'm hoping these items are a step in the right direction to get 1/6 figures made. Sideshow started with Star Wars PF's and now are also making dios, 1/6, 1:1 busts, 1:2 Busts and more. Hoping HT can do the same with the Matrix.

I just hope they don't gauge interest in the Matrix based on (potentially) low sales/interest in this... That'd be a shame. :(

I think it'll happen eventually. They did do the P1 bust before the actual 1/6. Same goes for the Alien. They'd have a better chance of selling these new products before announcing the 1/6 figures.

Here is a video from Comic Con which discusses The Matrix line from Hot Toys

He announces they will be making the Nebuchadnezzar and the APU

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=428

I have have no doubt the APU will NOT be 1/6 scale. I don't believe there'll be any 1/6 Matrix products from Hot Toys. Why would they move forward on the APU before introducing ANY 1/6 figures??? Because there aren't any. :monkey2

i dont think this was necessarily ht's decision. wb (or whatever production company that holds the actual intellectual property rights) may not have granted a license to do 1/6, or ht may not have been able to obtain likeness rights for the major players. ht would certainly not release 1/6 w/o correct portraits (and endure the wrath of us fans). of course if this is a case of wb playing hardball, possibly successful sales of the sentinel could affect further negotiations. i'm curious how this plays out.

Nope still only see 'Pitu: Back in the Groove'

That's because you have to choose the video you want! Go to the dropdown box under 'Browse Videos' on the right hand side. Choose 'Comic-Con 2009 Podium'. Then choose 'Podium 12'. Too easy! :D

He mentioned 1/18 scale in that video... If they make an APU in that scale I might actually consider it...

That's because you have to choose the video you want! Go to the dropdown box under 'Browse Videos' on the right hand side. Choose 'Comic-Con 2009 Podium'. Then choose 'Podium 12'. Too easy! :D

O thanx, didn't know that I needed to look over there. And a search on their site didn't pick up anything usefull.

He mentioned 1/18 scale in that video... If they make an APU in that scale I might actually consider it...

I reckon when they said 1/18 scale, they actually meant 1/16 scale. I mean, the sentinel IS in 1/16 scale! Mr Chang doesn't speak much English, so I think he assumed that 1/18 was 1/16. :monkey1

so far we have the sentinel, but would this piece to term as action figure or something else since its not exactly a 1/6 action figure.

I reckon when they said 1/18 scale, they actually meant 1/16 scale. I mean, the sentinel IS in 1/16 scale! Mr Chang doesn't speak much English, so I think he assumed that 1/18 was 1/16. :monkey1

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. Oh well... saves me some cash.

1/16 doesn't really fit with anything I've got. It seems like a very odd choice...

Any word on whether 1/6 figures are in the cards? Not particularly interested in most ... but, I'd be in for an Agent Smith.

SnakeDoc

Back