Hot Toys M-Icon Michael Jackson SMOOTH CRIMINAL!!!-Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone asked why they'd released so few figures of musicians. the answer was that there are so many interesting hollywood movies they want to make figures from, apart from the michael jackson line they've already started, they don't currently have plans to do other musician figures.

That's too bad. I was waiting to see how Hot Toys was going to expand on their M-Icon series. I was really hoping they would show up Medicom again and release a Freddie Mercury figure. The one that Medicom released was an abominaton. :gah: :gah: :gah:

I'm definantly looking forward to the MJ Smooth Criminal figure, and perhaps a '83 Billie Jean video version and Motown 25 one as well by Hot Toys. I also would love for them to expand on the MIcon series as well, maybe do a Purple Rain Prince with the purple motorcycle, Bob Marley, Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Jimi Hendrix, Madonna, Marvin Gaye, Frank Sinatra, etc. I would have said Elvis as well, but Enterbay beat them to it.

I keep asking HT in their FB page, but as you can imagine... no response...

https://mdn.mainichi.jp/arts/archive/news/2011/10/20111012p2a00m0et015000c.html

Court rules against Japanese company in Michael Jackson image rights lawsuit

The Tokyo District Court on Oct. 11 ruled against a Japanese company claiming to have sole rights to use Michael Jackson's name and image in Japan.

Ecbizz Japan Co. was brought to court by Triumph International Inc. -- one of the owners of rights to the late singer's name and image in the United States -- in December 2009 on accusations Ecbizz had violated the U.S. firm's property rights. Ecbizz Japan claimed that it had been assigned exclusive ownership of Jackson's image in Japan by the singer's family and lawyers.

The Tokyo District Court, however, accepted the Triumph International's accusations in their entirety, declaring that Ecbizz lacked any clear evidences to support its claims. Ecbizz was ordered to erase all information related to Jackson's name and image from its website.

According to sources related to the case, the Japanese company had used its "rights" to Jackson's intellectual property to sell goods with the singer's face and name on them to six other firms in Japan.

everything you see has this on Hot Toys specs for MJ

Michael Jackson TM
Under Licensed by Ecbizz Japan Co., Ltd., Tokyo/Japan
Triumph International, Inc./U.S.A.
All Rights Reserved.

everything they released is unofficial? SC is never coming out

close thread

that billie jean should go down now lol
:postpics:

Last edited:
If this means no more MJ at all, then the price of the HT MJs already existing would go up, not down.

Ecbizz? What the hell is that?.

Did they get the rights before he died?

If there are changes in their license agreements they should damn well let thise wanting figures from the license kniw about it :mad

Ecbizz? What the hell is that?.

Did they get the rights before he died?

If there are changes in their license agreements they should damn well let thise wanting figures from the license kniw about it :mad

Ecbizz Japan Co is the company who supposedly had the rights not Hot Toys

HT was just the figure maker

Its weird because Jackson was alive while Hot Toys was making the History/Billie Jean figure and their are photos of him viewing it. He was aware of it.

*sigh*

Ecbizz licensed the Billie Jean MJ, but after MJ died, HT got the license from Bravado/Triumph. So, it's just speculation... though maybe HT is waiting for this to be resolved though, but they should be good.

BTW, there's no pictures of MJ actually looking @ the HT Billie Jean figure that I am aware of. Besides, it was during him planning This is It, so I doubt he even had time for that.

And actually Bravado/Triumph and the Estate of MJ requested HT to change the Thriller head-sculpt to the smiling MJ.

Its weird because Jackson was alive while Hot Toys was making the History/Billie Jean figure and their are photos of him viewing it. He was aware of it.

I believe it. I really think Michael Jackson would want more figures of himself to be made. He liked collectibles. I want a captain Eo figure.

Nope, there's no single pic of Michael Jackson looking @ an HT figure...
if anything there's this one from the 80's looking @ the LJN doll:

mj-doll.jpg

mj-doll.jpg

"If only it was Hot Toys". he could be thinking... He looks less than "Thrilled" by it.....

*sigh*

Ecbizz licensed the Billie Jean MJ, but after MJ died, HT got the license from Bravado/Triumph. So, it's just speculation... though maybe HT is waiting for this to be resolved though, but they should be good.

BTW, there's no pictures of MJ actually looking @ the HT Billie Jean figure that I am aware of. Besides, it was during him planning This is It, so I doubt he even had time for that.

And actually Bravado/Triumph and the Estate of MJ requested HT to change the Thriller head-sculpt to the smiling MJ.

Seriously?

Any links to those?

mj-doll.jpg

oh really? ....I must have been mistaken.
I thought there were a few images of him (looking very much like he did at the This is It! launch announcement looking at a table of HT Billie Jean boxes.

I must have been confusing it with something else...

Good news. Smooth Criminal might be the most interesting version of MJ to me, at least from a costume perspective.

This figure have been mentioned by HT occasionally,but never when they plan on releasing it.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Thriller and Beat It weren't great sellers apparently, and that was MJ's best selling album by far.

They were over produced. Hot Toys made way too many of both figures, and I think Thriller actually sold pretty well if I remember correctly.

Back