Hot Toys Luke vs SSC Boba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which one are you excited for the most?

• Total voters
Voted Boba Fett.

Only because it looks superb and it's Sideshow putting out their A-game. Fett, along with IG-88.

Didn't vote Hot Toys Luke because, well, I'm not impressed with it, at all. I like the battle damaged head, but the regular clean version leaves alot to be desired. I also think those boots look ridiculous. Sure, it's the best 1/6 Luke to date but judging by the figures Hot Toys has released so far, they could do better.

Yeah I dig the battle damaged head and accessories but that doesn't "make it" for me. I'd love to put it ahead of the Sideshow Boba but the figure just never struck me as anything special, especially compared to the other figures Hot Toys revealed recently.

To young to see it at the Cinema in 77 though. I bet you saw it double bill with Empire? And then you were only 5. I win :yess: I'm old :(
Come on Boba Fans, where are you?

I saw SW during the '79 re-release and then I we went next door and saw The Muppet Movie. 4 years old and ready to rock. :rock

This Poll is great, so tight. I voted Luke but I'm actually split right down the middle on these two. I keep changing my mind

bobafettMovie.JPG

I'm very excited about both, and I'm an extremely casual Star Wars fan compared to most here. But Luke for me b/c I like Luke better as a character, this is my favorite look of his, and I'm generally a bigger fan of human figures over robots and armored guys. Also, we should essentially be getting two different figures here instead of just one.

As exciting as both of these releases are, seeing what Sideshow's partnership with Hot Toys will mean to this line is why Bespin Luke seems like the more essential purchase. For example, making that weathervane a "stand" for this figure is ingenious.

Besides, as good as SSC Boba looks, it's not much of a jump in quality from Medicom's versions. I may actually only bother getting a few loose pieces from Toy Anxiety to upgrade my ESB Medicom figure like I did with my VCD Yoda.

Back