Hot Toys Luke vs SSC Boba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which one are you excited for the most?

• Total voters
Hard to pick between the two, because Boba Fett is my favorite character, but I think the edge must go to Luke. There are several different Fetts from other manufacturers, and the Sideshow version, while a welcome addition, is simply another one.

The Hot Toys Luke is far more important to the hobby, as Hot Toys' attention to detail and overall quality simply can't be beat. However, their prices are increasing rapidly, and with the Star Wars license, they could very well start leaving all competition behind and begin a long-lasting strangehold on the industry. Unless the bottom falls out of this Luke, it will signify massive change that will affect the entire industry. This is STAR WARS, after all.

This, I believe, would/could result in one of three scenarios for Sideshow:

1. Abandon the production of Star Wars figures entirely.

2. Returning to being a 'budget' manufacturer. Less quality, less detailed, less expensive. This would be a shame, and a backwards step for the company, because it looks like they are really making great progress in catching up to Hot Toys' quality.

3. Competing 1:1 with Hot Toys and whoever else, matching quality step for step. The dangerous part of this option is that it would likely lead to very high prices across the board. I would prefer this option, but especially after seeing the upcoming batch of figures at SDCC, the bottom line is that this hobby is becoming more and more expensive daily.

I think that, one way or another, the Hot Toys Bespin Luke will probably end being the most important and influential 1:6 figure in the history of the hobby, and I don't think that is an overstatement or being overly dramatic.

:lol :lol :lol @ Deak.....Bespin Luke from SSC good enough. *wipes tear.

I am getting them both but definitely more excited about Boba.

dluke-emp1.jpg

>

Daniel_Old_Boba_Fett11.jpg

Anything not bastardised by prequels = automatically better.

:lol :lol :lol @ Deak.....Bespin Luke from SSC good enough. *wipes tear.

I am getting them both but definitely more excited about Boba.

Well, you know what I mean. For it's time (can't believe I am saying this) but with a repaint Luke is still pretty decent. I think I am in the Prog state of mind, I can't go replacing a whole collection. Certain figures sure (Luke Bespin being one of them) but I don't think I'd replace Vader, Lando, Ben, or the troopers. :dunno

Yea the SS Bespin has a weak sculpt, but the rest is nice in all it's $60 glory!

Pretty nice for the price. :lol

Well, you know what I mean. For it's time (can't believe I am saying this) but with a repaint Luke is still pretty decent. I think I am in the Prog state of mind, I can't go replacing a whole collection. Certain figures sure (Luke Bespin being one of them) but I don't think I'd replace Vader, Lando, Ben, or the troopers. :dunno

I agree... and in all honesty as nice as the new Luke sculpt is, the regular head looks about as much like Luke as the Sideshow one. But of course the quality will be head and shoulders above in terms of final product.

Don't have the Fetts and it also sounds like they making more than just Boba, which is exciting! As for Luke, really like it but won't have enough to get one. The cash already booked by Boba.

Luke, it's not even close. Luke is such a significant upgrade that its like getting the very first truly collectible 1/6 Luke, everything before it was utter crap.

Meanwhile, Medi Fett is still a nice piece, SS is definitely an upgrade but the chasm between SS and HT Luke was so great that I am much more excited having an excellent 1/6 Luke.

Back