Hot Toys Luke Skywalker :Endor Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I guess the Deluxe does seem like the better value. The one thing that has me considering it is that I'd prefer to use the non-gritted teeth expression for Endor Luke, but buying a parted out head would probably cost me more than the extra $40 I'd pay here.

Still though, $282 seems like an awful lot to spend for an Endor Luke. Lol

Endor Luke has to be Luke's worst outfit of the OT next to Bacta Tank undies.

Pilot - better
Tatooine - better
Bespin - better
Hoth - better
Jedi - better

I'd say get the deluxe if you are going to get just the Endor version..get alot and just $40 more

So am I reading this right? The deluxe's hair can be swapped out for each head. I'm keen if I can get the settled hair on the non-gritted teeth head.

I cannot do it. Poor kid looks like he has braces and parts his hair on opposite sides depending on what he is wearing.

The deluxe R2D2 seems a better deal and has better display options, especially since you can only use one head at a time and the "gritted teeth" version does not look great.

Yeah I guess the Deluxe does seem like the better value. The one thing that has me considering it is that I'd prefer to use the non-gritted teeth expression for Endor Luke, but buying a parted out head would probably cost me more than the extra $40 I'd pay here.

Still though, $282 seems like an awful lot to spend for an Endor Luke. Lol

Looking at eBay, you'll probably be able to grab the magnetic cap and poncho for sub $100 if you have the MMS429. But if you don't have that figure or want to have a separate endor Luke, then yeah the DX is the best deal. You can probably sell the teeth face if you don't like it, along with either or both of the hairs and the sandstorm stuff for well over $100. So, sub $200 for Endor Luke isn't bad in that case IMO. For me, this has just made me want to track down a speeder bike lol

So am I reading this right? The deluxe's hair can be swapped out for each head. I'm keen if I can get the settled hair on the non-gritted teeth head.

Yep, that's correct. You can also swap the hairs/faces with the MMS429 release as one of the head sculpts is the same (minus the repainted eyes). That release has a magnetic hair piece too.

Looking at eBay, you'll probably be able to grab the magnetic cap and poncho for sub $100 if you have the MMS429. But if you don't have that figure or want to have a separate endor Luke, then yeah the DX is the best deal. You can probably sell the teeth face if you don't like it, along with either or both of the hairs and the sandstorm stuff for well over $100. So, sub $200 for Endor Luke isn't bad in that case IMO. For me, this has just made me want to track down a speeder bike lol

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not getting the Speeder Bike someone here was selling for just $215 a couple weeks ago. Probably not going to see something like that again.

Endor Luke has to be Luke's worst outfit of the OT next to Bacta Tank undies.

Pilot - better
Tatooine - better
Bespin - better
Hoth - better
Jedi - better

Jedi cloak - better
Post bacta tank/sister kiss outfit - better
Medal ceremony outfit - better
Sand storm outfit - Wait...what?

I always really liked the Endor look best alongside his Jedi attire. I must have been because I've watched that scene where he slices the speeder more times than I'd like to admit.

That reminds me, HT really have to get on with a pilot Luke.

Cool accessories but the Endor rags aren't enough to make me plunk another 3 bills when I have a Jedi Luke. Ill certainly pick up the gloved hands from TA. Not even really interested in the extra head sculpts.

Last edited:
I always really liked the Endor look best alongside his Jedi attire. I must have been because I've watched that scene where he slices the speeder more times than I'd like to admit.

That reminds me, HT really have to get on with a pilot Luke.

Pilot Luke has to be next, plus a dagobah training would be great as well. not many left before the inevitable version 2 of every luke start up. We all know they are on the horizon.

Pilot Luke has to be next, plus a dagobah training would be great as well. not many left before the inevitable version 2 of every luke start up. We all know they are on the horizon.

I'll kiss my wallet goodbye when HT makes a pilot or snowspeeder Luke.

Interesting how this standard version of the figure doesn't include either the grey tunic or the belt for holding the saber. He is wearing the grey tunic under the poncho as you can see the collar of it briefly when he removes his helmet after chopping the speeder in half. So you're essentially just getting the speeder bike chase outfit only with this. Seems pointless when you can get the deluxe version with the extra parts for the other Endor scenes (Ewok village and DS fight) and sail barge fight.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

*edit* he does come with the black belt for his saber but not the tunic. So that's two outfits at least. Still, deluxe for the win!

The belt might be too big for the DSII look since it has to accommodate the tunic, but I guess we won’t know until it ships. I was all set for just the Endor version but now sort of need to get the deluxe with all its options.

Sandstorm to me is a perfect exclusive the way SS use to have, sort of like the hat and goggles from the ANH Luke — those should have been the exclusive over the stormtrooper belt which is actually in the movie.

The belt might be too big for the DSII look since it has to accommodate the tunic, but I guess we won’t know until it ships. I was all set for just the Endor version but now sort of need to get the deluxe with all its options.

Sandstorm to me is a perfect exclusive the way SS use to have, sort of like the hat and goggles from the ANH Luke — those should have been the exclusive over the stormtrooper belt which is actually in the movie.
I'm really excited for the sandstorm outfit. Would love to make mythos Luke, post ROTJ searching for lost Jedi relics and wearing tattered old robes and goggles etc :) definitely a fun custom!

Interesting how this standard version of the figure doesn't include either the grey tunic or the belt for holding the saber. He is wearing the grey tunic under the poncho as you can see the collar of it briefly when he removes his helmet after chopping the speeder in half. So you're essentially just getting the speeder bike chase outfit only with this. Seems pointless when you can get the deluxe version with the extra parts for the other Endor scenes (Ewok village and DS fight) and sail barge fight.

*edit* he does come with the black belt for his saber but not the tunic. So that's two outfits at least. Still, deluxe for the win!

They're probably just counting on the fact people will only want to display this with the poncho on, or maybe the tunic underneath added too much bulk and made his waist look too thick.

Right now I think I'm leaning more towards the standard version again. I thought I might want the regular head from the Deluxe set to use with his Endor look, but judging by how weird and goofy it looks in this pic, maybe not. :lol

gddd.JPG

Back