1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, I get that he's part of their 3, but 2 films completed and still nothing. The flight suit proto they showed 2 years ago looked really good too. Maybe it's gone the way of the Kylo quarter scale, or maybe they will get to it eventually. I think HT got cold feet about the ST after how much extra stock they had for TFA.

Yeah you're probably very right. The ST has totally subverted toy sale expectations in a bad way......interesting that isn't it :lol

Yup. You can add Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to that list too. They had nothing interesting to do so far in this trilogy. To make matters worse, with Carrie's passing and Rian killing off Luke, I don't expect that to change in IX. And it's still absolutely criminal how we didn't even get ONE scene with Han, Luke, and Leia together. It shouldn't have even been negotiable.

That being said, I thought Harrison Ford had really good screentime in TFA. I was never the biggest solo guy, but his performance and arc sold me on the character.

I probably wouldn't be as excited for IX if Palpatine wasn't in it. At the very least, it means we get some Sith related story in it.

Yep JJ has got to work a major miracle. Probably almost impossible to save it for a lot of fans at this point.

Snoke's red royal guards looks stupid, they don't have any way of seeing out of their masks.

IMG_0078.jpg
Except they do.. you can clearly see the slots in the helmets here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loving the Fury Road style design of these guys. If HT were only to make one then I hope it's the one they called The Monk (2nd from right) in the Force Awakens concept art. Probably more likely to be the one behind Kylo's right shoulder, as he's at the forefront of most of the promo pics so far.

Rise_of_Kylo_Style_Guide_image03.jpg

I'm hoping for the monk and the rogue. Looks like rogue (on dictionary cover) is being marketed pretty heavily, so he'll probably be one of them if they do make any. Monk would be awesome though

These guys should’ve been marketed and appeared in the movies from the beginning. Kylo and his missing knights... Where have they been?

That's the same two I'd like Neb. The Rogue looks like a given, if they make any of them. The Monk will probably be the one everyone wants and the one they'll never release. The Armory also looked really good from those TFA concept art pics.

They kind of were in from the beginning. It's not really JJ's fault, they were set up for the rest of the trilogy and then totally ignored, but for maybe a tiny reference, in TLJ. Really they should've had a part to play in the second film instead of the whole Canto Bight part, but that's just my opinion.

I would really like to see these guys made. They're like a squad from a kung fu movie. Everyone is a master of a different weapon and fighting style.

I would really like to see these guys made. They're like a squad from a kung fu movie. Everyone is a master of a different weapon and fighting style.

Like the Seven Samurai that Lucas took inspiration from. Hope at least these guys deliver in the film.

Really they should've had a part to play in the second film instead of the whole Canto Bight part, but that's just my opinion.

Any normal director would have had Luke coming to the rescue in a huge lightsaber battle between these guys and Rey.

I think that was even rumoured at some part.

I'll definitely be getting a couple of these if HT makes them. I'm sure they will, just not all of them of course.

But 2 flanking my masked Ep7 Kylo will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As it looks to me like Rey and Kylo doesn’t need to be upgraded from TLJ versions I also think that two of these will do it for me.
I rewatched TFA last night... I know it’s a very unpopular opinion with some, but I really wish that RJ would have been chosen to do the last one too. Or maybe another bold director. I’m afraid that the saga will end with an orgy of fan pleasing. But I might be pleasantly surprised.

As it looks to me like Rey and Kylo doesn’t need to be upgraded from TLJ versions I also think that two of these will do it for me.
I rewatched TFA last night... I know it’s a very unpopular opinion with some, but I really wish that RJ would have been chosen to do the last one too. Or maybe another bold director. I’m afraid that the saga will end with an orgy of fan pleasing. But I might be pleasantly surprised.

What’s so wrong with an orgy of fan pleasing? Going by how half of the fan base reacted to TLJ, it’s what they wanted all along.

Any normal director would have had Luke coming to the rescue in a huge lightsaber battle between these guys and Rey.

I think that was even rumoured at some part.

I'll definitely be getting a couple of these if HT makes them. I'm sure they will, just not all of them of course.

But 2 flanking my masked Ep7 Kylo will do the trick.

We'll be lucky if we even get two. Then again we got two Praetorians, with the option of a third, so you never know.

Having them with TFA Kylo is technically screen accurate, according to the vision sequence, so that's actually a great idea.

Are you joking? Having Johnson direct the last episode would galvanize the fans into a massive boycott. Disney wants to make money with this movie.

Are you joking? Having Johnson direct the last episode would galvanize the fans into a massive boycott. Disney wants to make money with this movie.

I am talking about getting the best possible movie in MY taste. I’ll rather have a great bold movie than a huge fan base resulting in a long line of mediocre nostalgia. I’m fully aware that it would start a riot. But I don’t care what you want - I have my own subjective opinion on who would make the best final film [emoji2368] ...my opinion is solely based on the movie itself not on how many will be hurt in the process. That’s Disney’s job to worry about and they hired what they consider the best man for the job - of not disappointing too many. That’s not usually the recipe for a great movie. But we’ll see.

Imagine a dream world where we could have a thread that doesn't descend into the madness of TLJ and Rian Johnson. I can't actually recall the KOR even being in TLJ. Having heated debates about JJ and TFA I'd understand.

Back