1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically what are they likely to make for this film? Off the top of my head I think there were 9 figures released for TLJ. Of those 9 there were 5 humans, 3 troopers and 1 droid set. Going with a similar plan that would give us a choice of Rey (definite), Kylo (definite), Old Lando, Poe, Finn, Luke and the Emperor for the humans. That’d leave around 3 slots for the troopers. Of those 3 slots the red FO trooper will be a definite. Which seems to leave 2 slots for the KOR.

Realistically what are they likely to make for this film? Off the top of my head I think there were 9 figures released for TLJ. Of those 9 there were 5 humans, 3 troopers and 1 droid set. Going with a similar plan that would give us a choice of Rey (definite), Kylo (definite), Old Lando, Poe, Finn, Luke and the Emperor for the humans. That’d leave around 3 slots for the troopers. Of those 3 slots the red FO trooper will be a definite. Which seems to leave 2 slots for the KOR.

There's the FO Rocket Trooper seen in the teaser (for like 0.25 second)

There's the FO Rocket Trooper seen in the teaser (for like 0.25 second)

Oh, that’s another definite then. We’ll be lucky if we even get one of these guys. Without any KOR or Poe then there won’t be many figures worth buying.

TBH I feel like it's more likely we get a couple of the KoR than Finn, Lando, or Poe.. cause China is China...

You forgot droids. And there's a new little cute droid to make. Maybe one Knight.

But how many figures has HT teased from Star Wars that haven't been made? Even if you see it, it may never make it to production. Good bet you see a fantastic Knight at several shows... and then never again.

They'll make all of them. Put 2 up for preorder. Show the rest at shows for about a year and never put those up for preorder.

That dounds about right actually - only I think you're aiming high - I'd expect only one. Whoever ends up with any lines possibly interacting with Kylo.

As for the designs, I'm not going to say that they don't look like "Star Wars"...I will say that we need some context here. The concept art is interesting...I'm more intruiged by that that their appearance in the set photo. I'd say it's a fair bet it's one of them repairing Kylo's Helmet in the teaser and that they are all doomed.

The chances of seeing them as HT figures could improve if they really have a function in the movie other than a quick action-scene eye-candy and if maybe they get some kind of spin-off series on Disney+. Or if their surname is really "Stark" - than Howard will make them all, including porcelain versions.

We'll probably see them in the Hasbro Black Series collection. That may be the better (and cheaper" way to get this whole group as figures. Those Hasbro figures are pretty well done these days.

Realistically what are they likely to make for this film? Off the top of my head I think there were 9 figures released for TLJ.

Wow 9, didn't think they made that many.....and I didn't get a single one !

Here's the official count on the tracker list.

HT SWTLJ copy.jpg

You forgot droids. And there's a new little cute droid to make. Maybe one Knight.

But how many figures has HT teased from Star Wars that haven't been made? Even if you see it, it may never make it to production. Good bet you see a fantastic Knight at several shows... and then never again.

That new hair-dryer looking droid is the biggest waste of space and time that I have ever seen. Why does he exist actually?

You forgot droids. And there's a new little cute droid to make.

I didn't forget, I just couldn't see how they could possibly justify making a figure out of something so small. Surely they won't release another (slightly more orange) BB-8. Maybe they'll do what what they did with the Porgs and stick it as an accessory with Rey or something.

Ok so at best, what these guys will do is be the new First Order henchmen, designed to bring down the renegade Kylo Ren. Kylo is up to some spy crap. I am now thinking he HAD to kill Han for some reason. Not that he really wanted to. He might be following some misguided attempt to end Force led groups, which he sees and the issue.

The KOR will be the guys the FO sends to kill Kylo now that hes gone off the reservation.

There will not be enough time in the film for any serious character development or back story.

Basically, new new Boba Fett and Phasma.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

what is the difference between a Sith and a Dark Jedi?
Sith abided by the rule of 2 for a thousand years. So there are only ever 2 Sith Lords at any given time (Master and Apprentice). Dark Jedi are kind of like the wannabes who are fallen Jedi that use the dark side.

They are promised a shot eventually so they crave the power and obey, but are usually just used and cast aside by the true Sith Lords. Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress are examples of dark jedi in the clone wars. Even Darth Maul kinda loses his Darth title to Dooku and Vader, and just goes by Maul. The Inquisitors are like dark jedi too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have doubts they make Finn or Poe. Never saw TLJ versions of them.

Def all the troopers, even if they get 5 secs of screen time. The rest of your list seems plausible.

I'm just in for Kylo, Rey, and Emperor.

I have doubts they make Finn or Poe. Never saw TLJ versions of them.

Def all the troopers, even if they get 5 secs of screen time. The rest of your list seems plausible.

I'm just in for Kylo, Rey, and Emperor.

Why would they not make a Poe ? He's part of the big 3.

I think if he wasn't treated the way he was in TLJ and was shown as more of the hotshot pilot, I'm sure they would have released the X-Wing version we saw previewed. I'll be really disappointed if HT go for the Uncharted version of Poe for Ep9. I'd really like that X-Wing pilot version to make the display look more interesting.

Plus it looks like Poe is the leader of the Resistance now. It's about time he had more to do. Nothing is more annoying about the ST than the misuse/underuse of brilliant acting talent (e.g. Oscar Isaac, Max von Sydow, Laura Dern, Ben del Toro etc.)

I can see why they'd hold off on Finn, as the TFA version was hardly a huge seller. I see it go regularly on eBay for <£120.

Why would they not make a Poe ? He's part of the big 3.

I think if he wasn't treated the way he was in TLJ and was shown as more of the hotshot pilot, I'm sure they would have released the X-Wing version we saw previewed. I'll be really disappointed if HT go for the Uncharted version of Poe for Ep9. I'd really like that X-Wing pilot version to make the display look more interesting.
I mean, I get that he's part of their 3, but 2 films completed and still nothing. The flight suit proto they showed 2 years ago looked really good too. Maybe it's gone the way of the Kylo quarter scale, or maybe they will get to it eventually. I think HT got cold feet about the ST after how much extra stock they had for TFA.

Plus it looks like Poe is the leader of the Resistance now. It's about time he had more to do. Nothing is more annoying about the ST than the misuse/underuse of brilliant acting talent (e.g. Oscar Isaac, Max von Sydow, Laura Dern, Ben del Toro etc.)

I can see why they'd hold off on Finn, as the TFA version was hardly a huge seller. I see it go regularly on eBay for <£120.
Yup. You can add Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to that list too. They had nothing interesting to do so far in this trilogy. To make matters worse, with Carrie's passing and Rian killing off Luke, I don't expect that to change in IX. And it's still absolutely criminal how we didn't even get ONE scene with Han, Luke, and Leia together. It shouldn't have even been negotiable.

That being said, I thought Harrison Ford had really good screentime in TFA. I was never the biggest solo guy, but his performance and arc sold me on the character.

I probably wouldn't be as excited for IX if Palpatine wasn't in it. At the very least, it means we get some Sith related story in it.

Amazing how every ST figure thread ends up being pages of "the movies bad everything bad". I just wanna talk about toys... lol

I mean considering these toys (and the price point they go for) are tangible representations of what is on the screen I don't blame people for talking about the movie/s and how it affects their purchasing decisions.

Back