1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was intrigued by the Knights when I first saw them in the TFA trailer. I was disappointed when that's all the screen time they got in that movie and we learned nothing about them. KoR should have played a larger role in the trilogy. Apparently there wasn't much thought put into their inclusion. It's unsurprising they turned out to just be fodder.

View attachment 473676

I wish JJ would have focused more on Kylo & the Knights side of the story in 7, pushing that to be the "bad guy" plot for the trilogy. When we first started hearing about them before TFA came out, I thought they'd be like these dark side crusaders trying to bring back the sith or something, searching around for artifacts, etc... you could go a million ways with that. Have them find holocrons that give them power, etc. whatever to pose a bigger threat as the trilogy goes on.

Instead he went with Death Star 3. And then Rian said he didn't want to waste them. Then JJ built them up again and wasted them lol...
But, per SW tradition.... the coolest looking characters do nothing and die.

It would have been nice to see them in action for more than just that final battle, but the designs all still seem so generic to me that I can't see myself wanting to spend $240 on one anyway.

****SPOILER*****

Ok, despite being EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED at how much we really saw them on screen and how they ultimately ended up, I really want Hot Toys to make these. They would just look so awesome posed with the Episode IX Kylo. It?s a shame we didn?t see how Kylo reached out to them and became a group again. What are the chances Disney will give us a Knights of Ren flick??

****SPOILER*****

Ok, despite being EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED at how much we really saw them on screen and how they ultimately ended up, I really want Hot Toys to make these. They would just look so awesome posed with the Episode IX Kylo. It?s a shame we didn?t see how Kylo reached out to them and became a group again. What are the chances Disney will give us a Knights of Ren flick??[/QUOTE]

They've had two golden opportunities to give them their own flick (or a least a story), in Episodes VIII and IX, and have wasted both opportunities. As cool as they look, they are now no more important than the Praetorian Guards were. At least the Praetorians had a cool fight scene. The KOR v Kylo scene was dark and edited badly. Personally I hope Hot Toys now don't make them as I know I, for one, am stupid enough to still buy them.

It's hard to rate the most useless characters in Star Wars between Boba Fett, Captain Phasma and now The Knights of Ren.

It's hard to rate the most useless characters in Star Wars between Boba Fett, Captain Phasma and now The Knights of Ren.

I'll turn that question around and ask how many characters out of the thousands in Star Wars are even really that useful:dunno Quality characters = Star Wars Merch do not always go hand in hand. If anything, it's a characters designs that helps sell them. I assume these guys will be no different. The only question is how limited or not Hot Toys decides to make them.

****SPOILER*****

Ok, despite being EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED at how much we really saw them on screen and how they ultimately ended up, I really want Hot Toys to make these. They would just look so awesome posed with the Episode IX Kylo. It?s a shame we didn?t see how Kylo reached out to them and became a group again. What are the chances Disney will give us a Knights of Ren flick??[/QUOTE]

They've had two golden opportunities to give them their own flick (or a least a story), in Episodes VIII and IX, and have wasted both opportunities. As cool as they look, they are now no more important than the Praetorian Guards were. At least the Praetorians had a cool fight scene. The KOR v Kylo scene was dark and edited badly. Personally I hope Hot Toys now don't make them as I know I, for one, am stupid enough to still buy them.

Yep totally agree. I mean last year Marvel was way bigger and Hot Toys did none of the Black Order. Not one. OK they had a lot more figures to do there, but I really can't see Hot Toys doing any of the KoR. To be honest it's hard to determine which figures at all Hot Toys will do from the film away from Rey, Kylo and the Emperor.

Yeah bummer that we got so many Praetorian Guards and will likely get no KOR. It'd be nice if they at least make the one that spotted Chewie on Pasaana.

****SPOILER*****

Ok, despite being EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED at how much we really saw them on screen and how they ultimately ended up, I really want Hot Toys to make these. They would just look so awesome posed with the Episode IX Kylo. It?s a shame we didn?t see how Kylo reached out to them and became a group again. What are the chances Disney will give us a Knights of Ren flick??

Probably not happening. I saw that because the Rise of Kylo Ren comic is currently dealing that that now. The previous ?leader? of the KoR and how Kylo first met them and then how he joins. That is all happening in that comic right now. It would be a great movie or show, but since they?re doing this comic it?s very unlikely

I did love that final battle with Ben, but yeah it was so darkly lit he could have just been fighting some random guards instead. Sadly I think the KOR's most memorable scene in the movie was... standing together on a rock in the desert as the camera whirls around them. Lol

Completely wasted these guys. After reading the canon comic and finding out they're ALL Force-sensitive, I'm super disappointed. We could have had Ben fighting 6 dark siders all packing crossguard lightsabers like his Kylo saber. Such a waste.

Back