Hot Toys Kit Fisto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool looking Jedi. Not cool role in the movie. Maybe one of the lamest in history of SW.

Maybe one of the lamest in history of SW.

That award would go to whoever this Jedi is. Probably a friend of GL's daughter.

Untitled.jpg

Highly unexpected -- a background alien from HT?

Hope for Greedo.... hope for Tusken Raider....

If this ever sees release I'll buy it just for the variety and cool design, but more than anything it gives me a sliver of hope that maybe Greedo, Admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb aren't completely impossible dreams. Tuskens and Jawas too.

Oh, and I'd also buy Aayla Secura, just for the record, so... :pfft: :lol

Hands down my favorite background Jedi:lol
I used to have the old SS one. it’ll be interesting to how this improves over that one.

That award would go to whoever this Jedi is. Probably a friend of GL's daughter.

View attachment 461091

Jedi Master Aayla Secura. Really good in the Clone Wars. Trouble is, without people watching the Clone Wars and not diving into the Star Wars lore, movie fans only seen her in this scene. Went out like a ***** ultimately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of it was that they had Ian McDiarmid doing some of the fighting and he really isn't capable and so some things were simplified for him

They could have just had a stuntman perform the fight like they did for Lee and is normally done in a million other action movies. Still no excuse for that joke of a lightsaber fight.

They could have just had a stuntman perform the fight like they did for Lee and is done in a million other action movies.

Or they could have had him practice some unique Sith powers sans lightsaber to overpower them. RotS had too many lightsaber battles as it was.

Jedi Master Aayla Secura. Really good in the Clone Wars. Trouble is, without people watching the Clone Wars and not diving into the Star Wars lore, movie fans only seen her in this scene. Went out like a ***** ultimately.

She was one of the jedi in the arena battle as well, back in AotC. Just for the record. :wink1:

Wasn't NSYNC also in the arena battle? Shame George decided to cut out Timberlake swinging around sword while bringing the sexy back.

That's long been the rumour, at least. Can't recall if it was ever officially confirmed anywhere...:lol

That's long been the rumour, at least. Can't recall if it was ever officially confirmed anywhere... :lol

Not a rumor since it was confirmed by one of the group members: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/05/08/nsync-star-wars_n_6811956.html

"NSYNC fully shot two different scenes that were later cut from "Attack of the Clones... They kind of paired us off, it was actually me and my brother that were kind of fighting back-to-back for the big arena scene," said Joey. "They basically said, 'Pretend like you're fighting droids.'... The other scene included Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and a hovering Yoda. The two were filmed walking down a corridor as *NSYNC was supposed to just be standing there casually, talking amongst themselves. "A couple of Jedis hanging out," as Joey said."

She was one of the jedi in the arena battle as well, back in AotC. Just for the record. :wink1:

Haha yes. You are right. I’m a right Star Wars geek so I’ll also mention that she walks past Obi-Wan when he walks towards the galaxy/training room to speak with Yodi about ‘losing’ Kamino...just for the record [emoji6]

And appears as a hologram somewhere else in Episode III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a rumor since it was confirmed by one of the group members: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/05/08/nsync-star-wars_n_6811956.html

"NSYNC fully shot two different scenes that were later cut from "Attack of the Clones... They kind of paired us off, it was actually me and my brother that were kind of fighting back-to-back for the big arena scene," said Joey. "They basically said, 'Pretend like you're fighting droids.'... The other scene included Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and a hovering Yoda. The two were filmed walking down a corridor as *NSYNC was supposed to just be standing there casually, talking amongst themselves. "A couple of Jedis hanging out," as Joey said."

Well, yes and no. It was only part of the band, apparently, as Timberlake and Bass weren't there at all, and those that did film as extras were cut out regardless:

They were working on the DVD release of their Popodyssey tour and were doing some work at the sound stage at Skywalker Ranch for the DVD when Joey Fatone kept talking about how the group were such huge fans of Star Wars. This information got to Star Wars producer Rick McCallum who said that if they wanted, they could serve as extras during the climactic battle in the film.

George Lucas appears to have had no actual involvement in the group being cast, despite very popular variations of this legend that state that he hired the band as a favor to his daughters Katie and Amanda (who would have been 13 and 20, respectively, at the time).

According to the group, Timberlake could not make the December filming date and when it came time to actually do the scene, Lance Bass had to back out, as well, giving his spot to Fatone’s brother, Steve (Bass later recalled that it “broke my heart”). So Joey Fatone, JC Chasez, Chris Kirkpatrick and Steve Fatone all filmed scenes as Jedi Knights.

However, when news of the cameo began to come out in early 2002, there was a lot of uproar from Star Wars fans. It got to the point where Joey Fatone released a statement, saying “I’m going to make it officially known that they dropped it because people made a big deal about it. We’re not going to be in it, and I’m not going to comment on it any more.”

At the time, though, Lucasfilm spokeswoman Lucy Hale denied that a decision had been made, “The ‘N Sync guys were shot as extras, and whether they’re in or out won’t be determined until the final edit.” She specifically claimed that Lucas would not be swayed by the public complaints, “George makes all his decisions himself. And the final edit of the film is what he determines it will be.”

Whether that was the case or not, when the final edit of the film was released, the band members did, indeed, get cut from the film.

So what I said was true, from a certain point of view... :p :wink1:

Hey, if Obi-Wan can try to pull that schtick, so can I. Also, I'm old, I forget things, uh, I mean I don't recall ever owning a droid... :lol

Didn't Palpatine use some kind of dark force scream to stun all the Jedi Masters? I read that somewhere as reason he was able to kill them quickly, but idk if that was somebody's pure fantasy or a fact.

Back