Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweaks maybe, not entire sculpt expressions IMO, especially the LED eyes sculpt. They're clearly going with battle expressions here.

Batmans body was changed, Hulkbuster had features added long after preorder, and Gladiator Hulk is getting a new sculpt. It's happened before.

That's exactly what prototype means.

Selling my Man Of Steel Superman, he is in perfect condition and so is the box, he was briefly displated in a Legend Studio light house, it’s like brand new. If anyone is interested please message me!

I say this head is going to be changed. It doesn't even look right on that "newly developed muscular body" for some odd reason.

up_3.jpg

Batmans body was changed, Hulkbuster had features added long after preorder, and Gladiator Hulk is getting a new sculpt. It's happened before.

That's exactly what prototype means.

Normally I would agree, but there is one thing about using BvS Batman as an example of when a prototype has been altered that doesn't convince me.

BvS Batman was the first Batfleck figure. There wasn't a body nor a sculpt that they could recycle from a previous figure (at least as far as Batfleck figures go) because of this reason. So regardless of them altering the figure in any way from proto to production, it was still going to be a "newly developed" sculpt and body. Even if the final production figure ended up being Fatman from the prototype pictures, what was specified in the specs ("newly developed") still would have been accurate. This isn't the first Cavill Superman figure, and the specs of this figure clearly state one sculpt is "repainted" and one sculpt is "newly developed" (the heat vision one).

I still remain dubious.

I don't know off hand, but I think the more accurate question here is has there ever been a case where the official specs of a sequel figure stated that a sculpt was either repainted or newly developed, and the final production sculpt ended up being the opposite? If so, then I would agree that there is a chance the sculpt can indeed be resculpted between proto and production, despite the specs stating that it's merely repainted.

That "newly developed body" doesn't look very new in the prototype images. Very minimal changes if any, I see he still can't hold his arms close to his sides. Hopefully they fix that.

Normally I would agree, but there is one thing about using BvS Batman as an example of when a prototype has been altered that doesn't convince me.

BvS Batman was the first Batfleck figure. There wasn't a body nor a sculpt that they could recycle from a previous figure (at least as far as Batfleck figures go) because of this reason. So regardless of them altering the figure in any way from proto to production, it was still going to be a "newly developed" sculpt and body. Even if the final production figure ended up being Fatman from the prototype pictures, what was specified in the specs ("newly developed") still would have been accurate. This isn't the first Cavill Superman figure, and the specs of this figure clearly state one sculpt is "repainted" and one sculpt is "newly developed" (the heat vision one).

I still remain dubious.

I don't know off hand, but I think the more accurate question here is has there ever been a case where the official specs of a sequel figure stated that a sculpt was either repainted or newly developed, and the final production sculpt ended up being the opposite? If so, then I would agree that there is a chance the sculpt can indeed be resculpted between proto and production, despite the specs stating that it's merely repainted.
Well I hope Hot Toys see the error of their ways and do right by Supes and give us a better more accurate Justice League head sculpt, after all 2018 is Superman's 80 Year anniversary of his first appearance in comics. You'd think that Hot Toys would want to honor Superman and his fans on this 80 year anniversary, by knocking this Superman figure release out of the park.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

SS Tuxedo Joker was listed as coming with "One (1) new head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Jared Leto as The Joker in Suicide Squad." That was a repaint of the AA head, not a new head sculpt. I think.

SS Tuxedo Joker was listed as coming with "One (1) new head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Jared Leto as The Joker in Suicide Squad." That was a repaint of the AA head, not a new head sculpt. I think.

I thought they were slightly different, aren't the eyes in different positions?

Ok and am I still seeing the black outlines on the inside of the chest emblem.... Wtf. It was a pain to get those out of my bvs version. Those are totally not screen accurate and make the emblem look bad. Maybe I'm wrong but in those pics it's more noticeable than the 1st photos put out

Ok and am I still seeing the black outlines on the inside of the chest emblem.... Wtf. It was a pain to get those out of my bvs version. Those are totally not screen accurate and make the emblem look bad. Maybe I'm wrong but in those pics it's more noticeable than the 1st photos put out

well there is supposed to be a dark blue on the inner edges of the \S/ but HT makes it too prominent and it spills over and looks more like and outline unfortunately. I just finished repainting my BvS one after looking at the pics I took at WB Studios.

Yeah it is indeed there, just not as prominent as what HT made it on the BvS figure. However, it wasn't very prominent on the prototype BvS figure (just like the prototype for this figure), but ended up being prominent on the production figure. It's merely a nitpick for me, but the glyph on the BvS prototype did look better:

TS15-Hot-Toys-Batman-v-Superman-019.jpg

Hopefully the outlining on the S glyph isn't too prominent on the production figure for this one.

We do complain alot in here bt we spend our hard earned money on these figures and we want them to be movie accurate if possible. Making them lines blue is possible, fixing his hair part is possible and moving the \s/ up towards neck line is definitely possible lol. We gripe and complain bt still buy them anyways hahahaha

Back