Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So which Superman would you guys recommend getting? Personally I like the MoS costume, but prefer the headsculpts of the other two, so I can't decide which to buy! What version is best for all round accuracy/awesomeness?

Spoiler Spoiler:

So which Superman would you guys recommend getting? Personally I like the MoS costume, but prefer the headsculpts of the other two, so I can't decide which to buy! What version is best for all round accuracy/awesomeness?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Having had both MoS and BvS Supes the BvS version is a much better figure all round. If I were you I'd wait it out of the JL version now, the lighter blue is a big improvement in my opinion and the sculpt will be improved again.

I'm still hoping for a black suit version but until we see the movie we won't know if that's gonna happen or not.

checked my BvS Superman figure today and bingo ORANGE collar discoloration began... my heart is broken. I loved him so much. as people are saying in a groups glue reacted to the fabric or something like that. it happened to almost everybody. I really really wish new Superman will not have any similar issues. MOS one still looks perfect no quality issues.

checked my BvS Superman figure today and bingo ORANGE collar discoloration began... my heart is broken. I loved him so much. as people are saying in a groups glue reacted to the fabric or something like that. it happened to almost everybody. I really really wish new Superman will not have any similar issues. MOS one still looks perfect no quality issues.

Is it displayed in sunlight by a window?

Same here. I'm surprised they are even allowed to show the figure since as far as I know he isn't in the trailers yet.

I think they only version they wouldn't be allowed to show would be a black suit version if it is indeed part of the movie. Hopefully it is and HT give us that figure later on, not getting my hopes up though.

Are you talking about the goldish hue on the suit that is above the glyph and underneath the collar? If so, that's natural because that portion of the body isn't painted silver and what you're seeing is the hue of the skin of the body through the suit.

Is it displayed in sunlight by a window?

No , it was never displayed and kept in the cool dark room in original package. When this paranoia started I was checking it and looked perfect . Last time I saw it was about 2 months ago. But today I discovered discoloration is there.

Are you talking about the goldish hue on the suit that is above the glyph and underneath the collar? If so, that's natural because that portion of the body isn't painted silver and what you're seeing is the hue of the skin of the body through the suit.
Wish that was true. But if you put silver paper under the suit its still there.
Photos from the FB group
QW7oLqm.jpg
lBZFwGb.jpg
My figure
vuNg6Cg.jpg
its not too dramatic yet but as I saw on others it will grow

Yours looks fine to me. That's about how mine has always looked since the day I received him. Hasn't changed. A lot of other people's are the same as well.

Yours looks fine to me. That's about how mine has always looked since the day I received him. Hasn't changed. A lot of other people's are the same as well.

Oh wow never noticed it but I have that as well in the same spot. It's only really noticeable when I shine a light on it. Oh well guess it's an excuse to get the JL version. What is it anyway?

Oh wow never noticed it but I have that as well in the same spot. It's only really noticeable when I shine a light on it. Oh well guess it's an excuse to get the JL version. What is it anyway?

Pretty much everyone does if you look at all the pics in the BvS Supes thread. Some worse than others, but for most, it's merely a goldish tint. Mine is only discernible as well when you shine a bright light on it at close range (such as the flashlight on a cell phone) and like I said, mine has been like that ever since I took him out of the box when I received him. Hasn't changed any. Someone else inquired about it in the BvS Supes thread and someone replied that it may be the pigmentation of the skin of the body shining through the suit because the body in that particular area isn't silver; however, someone else said that it's actually residue from the glue holding the collar in place, and apparently the glue is having an adverse reaction with the suit fabric.

Strange, because the MoS figure isn't having that reaction at all at the collar.

Hey, just wondering, does anyone else have off center abs on their supermen? Is there a way to easily get it back into place under the suit? I've tried moving it around and adjusting th suit after but to no avail.

SilverStar17
I really wish it will not go any further. as for now its only visible under the flash as you said. under natural lighting its OK. Neck paint reaction can be true as well as BvS body is black plastic painted silver and skin color (neck) maybe the glue reacted to the neck paint. because boots are also glued and there are not any issues

I really wish JL version will turn out without that

Hey, just wondering, does anyone else have off center abs on their supermen? Is there a way to easily get it back into place under the suit? I've tried moving it around and adjusting th suit after but to no avail.

Mine was but after just playing with the suit in the midsection and the body a tad centered it.

SilverStar17
I really wish it will not go any further. as for now its only visible under the flash as you said. under natural lighting its OK. Neck paint reaction can be true as well as BvS body is black plastic painted silver and skin color (neck) maybe the glue reacted to the neck paint. because boots are also glued and there are not any issues

I really wish JL version will turn out without that

Like I mentioned, mine has been the same way for a year now and nothing has changed. So we'll see.

No , it was never displayed and kept in the cool dark room in original package. When this paranoia started I was checking it and looked perfect . Last time I saw it was about 2 months ago. But today I discovered discoloration is there.

Wish that was true. But if you put silver paper under the suit its still there.
Photos from the FB group
View attachment 357127
View attachment 357128
My figure
View attachment 357129
its not too dramatic yet but as I saw on others it will grow

Yikes, JL will be my first and only supes. Really hope it doesn't have this issue or I'll be deeply crushed. Wouldn't want to ruin that beautiful bright blue

Do we have any idea when this might go up for Pre order?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back