Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that putting that much effort into thinking hot toys will actually do this, when they have teased a Shazam figure, Batman forever figures, not get into the Joker figure race, and delayed the hell out of the original justice league line, is unnecessary.

You can only put any hope on third party makers.

bb7df66c3ce77c20cfc13b64d8da4cca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this dudes arms? I wanna be able to close the gap and get rid of the "Christmas Story" effect.. I've read or watched somewhere that ppl tried shaving the areas down off of the upper body and that seemed to do the trick. I'm way too scared to play operation. And I'm way to paranoid to trial and error this. SO, I'm consulting the brain trust to see if any of you have done this and if you can either share photos or details on how best to attack this. It's such a beautiful figure, but it could be gorgeous.. also, one arm sticks out more than the other. This common? Thanks for everyone's time!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hey all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this dudes arms? I wanna be able to close the gap and get rid of the "Christmas Story" effect.. I've read or watched somewhere that ppl tried shaving the areas down off of the upper body and that seemed to do the trick. I'm way too scared to play operation. And I'm way to paranoid to trial and error this. SO, I'm consulting the brain trust to see if any of you have done this and if you can either share photos or details on how best to attack this. It's such a beautiful figure, but it could be gorgeous.. also, one arm sticks out more than the other. This common? Thanks for everyone's time!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Shaving the body really is the only way.l to achieve that. Don?t understand the decision from hot toys to make it that way.

So I decided to start my sixth scale collection with this Superman, I really love the figure.

I like displaying the figure in standing poses, however it leaves me worried that he is free standing. Are there display stands out there that I could purchase that will fit in with the base that comes in with the figure and allow me to pose Superman in a standing position?

So I decided to start my sixth scale collection with this Superman, I really love the figure.

I like displaying the figure in standing poses, however it leaves me worried that he is free standing. Are there display stands out there that I could purchase that will fit in with the base that comes in with the figure and allow me to pose Superman in a standing position?

You can just buy standard crotch holders and it should fit in the justice league base. Search 1/6 sites and amazon.

He's an excellent figure to kick off a collection, and welcome to the community!

The slot in the stand is a standard size for the regular crotchgrabber which you can buy third party: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&_odkw=hot+toys+1/6+crotchgrabber+stand

I hate that Sideshow didn't notify me when I already signed up to be notified when this was available for purchase. I've been out of the game for awhile, and coming back I'm missing 3 or 4 I was waiting for.

He looks good, this is the first hot toys superman figure that i passed on. Grats to everyone that owns it. I decided to go all in, instead of settling for the hot toys justice league version, i bought prime 1‘s 1/3 scale justice league ex statue. Cant say i regret that decision either, its an amazing statue for any supes lover

He?s only going to get more expensive once the Snyder cut gets released

Got mine yesterday and just opened him now... I hesitated because I thought the suit looked bland compared to how it looked on screen, but in person I now see that most pictures don't really capture how good it looks. No regrets.

After having this on its initial release back in January and not being happy with it and selling it. I had a turn around and picked up another, Im glad I did and il happily eat my words that I thought other people would be disappointed with it.
Love it and looks great in my collection
bdf2cd32dd28302173029769ab4505ca.jpg

Mines completely stock, his arms sit by his sides fine.
Heard a lot of people have had problems with one arm sticking out further than the other, so guessing some people just got bodies that had that problem but on both arms?

Mines completely stock, his arms sit by his sides fine.
Heard a lot of people have had problems with one arm sticking out further than the other, so guessing some people just got bodies that had that problem but on both arms?

Yeah that's crazy how some figures stick out further than others. I thought maybe I could just rotate his shoulder back or turns his arms in but nope. I may consider modding his armpits like others have

I don't think it's completely the arms just naturally sticking out. In my experience with a lot of pieces, especially Batman, they come out of the box really stiff and not holding a natural pose at all. You have to not only put the arms down by the sides, but you also need to twist the biceps inwards and bend the elbows slightly for a more natural stance. Just the act of twisting the biceps in towards the body, lowering the shoulder and pushing the shoulders the way the figure is face and a slight elbow bend gives a better impression.

I don't think it's completely the arms just naturally sticking out. In my experience with a lot of pieces, especially Batman, they come out of the box really stiff and not holding a natural pose at all. You have to not only put the arms down by the sides, but you also need to twist the biceps inwards and bend the elbows slightly for a more natural stance. Just the act of twisting the biceps in towards the body, lowering the shoulder and pushing the shoulders the way the figure is face and a slight elbow bend gives a better impression.

100% agree.
They always need a good amount of futzing to get that into natural looking poses.
Definitely something iv improved with other a long time

Back