Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I think that trial was called because they accused Superman of killing those hostages at the start of the movie. But the hostages were shot, Superman doesn't use a gun, why would anyone assume Superman did that? It doesn't make any sense.

And the whole thing with Flash traveling through time and then going inside Batman dream. I didn't know Flash could do that. Those are 2 very different powers. I don't know if that was bad editing or Zack just making **** up but its another example of a blatant disregard for the rules of the characters.

The Mercs shot the ppl in the village then they burned down the entire village with flame throwers, the same one that the Merc in charge was going to use on Martha Kent near the end. The government assumes Superman used his heat vision to burn everything to the ground, just to kill the warlord making it seem like he does not care how he gets the job done as long as he gets the bad guy. They assume he has an end justifies the means attitude about using his power.

Superman hears the bomb right before it explodes which is why you see his head tilt then BOOM right after. Superman is fast but he's not even fast enough to have stopped that bomb at the moment he heard it without killing the guy in the wheel chair. With how fast he'd have to move (which would'be been fractions of a ONE second), the human body wouldn't be able to handle that. Pretty much like how he charged through the warlord that was using Lois as shield. Pretty sure that guy didn't survive the charge let alone going through a masonry wall.

Also, the "dream" was not a dream. Since the timeline was being messed with by their future selves, he was actually seeing his future and it is coming to him in his subconscious, almost like a memory of something that, for present time Bruce, has not happened yet in his timeline. He assumes it is a dream or "just a feeling" like he says at the end of the movie b/c nothing like that has happened to him before; however, he knows deep down that it was not just a dream. Idk why that is so hard to understand for someone who seems to have read the comics. Stuff like that happens all the time. Even in the Flash comics and show, when they change the timeline, the characters have new memories from what is now the new timeline.

Dude im sorry but you're dumb, all of your questions is answered by the movie itself.
Pay attention while watching the movie and you will understand the answer for all your questions

While I wouldn't say "dumb," I agree, a lot of that stuff was answered in the movie, especially in the Ultimate Edition and it seems like those things went over this poster's head. I'm pretty sure they were being cheeky, but the "Superman and Batman have a picnic" is the kind of Super Friends stuff that should NOT happen or even work in the movies no matter how much "fans" think lighter takes would make these movies better.

Last edited:
BvS was well shot with great visuals. It had some cool scenes but I didn't care for a lot of the events that took place in the movie. With the Snyder Cut coming I plan on watching it again to see if I can get a new appreciation for the movie. Hopefully with it finally fitting into a bigger picture I'll like it more in the future.

What I absolutely hated in BvS was the courtroom scene. First the idea of putting Supes on trial is really interesting and funny. Something the comics would do. Like 'Thanks for saving me, oh btw Summons!' It could've been a really cute scene with them cross examining him. Maybe he has a court appointed lawyer and its their first day and they're not ready. I actually wanted to watch the trail but then Zack has to turn it into a bloodbath. (nothing against bloodbaths they're fine when they make sense) But Superman would have never never (never) let that bomb go off. Full stop. That was just factually inaccurate. Does not compute. It defies the rules of the character. It broke the movie. He would have detected that bomb. Even if the wheelchair was made out of lead, that would've just made it more suspicious. 'Hmm thats odd, that wheelchair is made out of lead. Probably something they don't want me to s-its a bomb.' For him not to have had that thought is inexplicable. Even if he was distracted by the questioning :)cuckoo: ) he would have heard the chemical reactions or smelled them. Or he would sense that Lex's heart rate was too high. There is no explanation. No excuse. You couldn't convince a 5 year old to believe this. Its just bull ****. And they don't even try to justify it in the movie. Like oh.....it was a cloudy day. He had a cold. There was Kryptonite in the courtroom. Nothing.

What should've happened is, Superman grabs the wheelchair with the guy in it, flies through the roof, pulls the guy out of the chair and throws the chair up right before it goes off. Then the guy tells the police that Lex Luthor gave him the chair. Lex gets arrested. Bats and Supes have a picnic. Thats the only logical outcome. Theres only 3 possible reasons for the scene to play out the way it did: 1) Hes not really Superman, he doesn't have all of his powers. 2) Professor X is there and he psychically masked Superman's senses so he doesn't notice anything. But why would Professor X do that? or 3) And it really seems like this is what they're implying- Superman detects the bomb...and decides to do nothing. Just to be a jerk.

Also I think that trial was called because they accused Superman of killing those hostages at the start of the movie. But the hostages were shot, Superman doesn't use a gun, why would anyone assume Superman did that? It doesn't make any sense. And the whole thing with Flash traveling through time and then going inside Batman dream. I didn't know Flash could do that. Those are 2 very different powers. I don't know if that was bad editing or Zack just making **** up but its another example of a blatant disregard for the rules of the characters.

You should watch the UE.

I have only seen the film in the theater. The way the Flash scene is presented is confusing. Bruce 'wakes up' implying it was a dream. Which made it seem like Flash had some sort of psychic ability and was implanting a vision in his mind- thru time. I don't know how I was supposed to interpret that. Maybe there was a better way to convey that idea. Like having Bruce awake and alert and seeing that happen in front of him without being vague about whether or not it actually happened.

And I maintain that a wheelchair made out of lead would have grabbed Supermans attention immediately. 'How odd, a wheelchair of all things, is made out of the one substance i can't see through and by chance we both happen to be in the same room. On today of all days. How peculiar. One might be inclined to investigate further but alas I, someone currently being framed for murder, am not a suspicious man.' For him not to notice that is just unbelievable. He would have to willfully ignore it.

I have mildly enjoyed the Snyder movies but I don't understand why he keeps making movies the length that he knows won't work theatrically?

Anyway, with the rumors going around, I wonder if we'll get a Green Lantern figure out of all of this.

I have mildly enjoyed the Snyder movies but I don't understand why he keeps making movies the length that he knows won't work theatrically?

Anyway, with the rumors going around, I wonder if we'll get a Green Lantern figure out of all of this.

Because, initially, JL was first announced as a two part movie like the avengers infinity war/endgame.
When BvS failed to break a billion, the greedy *******s at WB started to doubt Snyder which then ordered Snyder to condense it to just one movie and tone down the dark scenes of the movie and make it more light hearted like a marvel movie.

Snyder eventually showed an a early cut of his movies, to which they stil think the movie is too dark, so Snyder was fired and was replaced by whedon and completely revamped the movie and made it more light hearted.

As zack has mentioned, and the I believe his cinematography director confirmed, the theatrical JL movie, we only see 1/4 of what Zach has shot.

So I guess you can add Lord of the Rings, Gone with the Wind, Avatar and others to that list of long movies which won't work theatrically.......

And I maintain that a wheelchair made out of lead would have grabbed Supermans attention immediately. 'How odd, a wheelchair of all things, is made out of the one substance i can't see through and by chance we both happen to be in the same room. On today of all days. How peculiar. One might be inclined to investigate further but alas I, someone currently being framed for murder, am not a suspicious man.' For him not to notice that is just unbelievable. He would have to willfully ignore it.

I'm not a huge fan of the film either but I'll try to be devil's advocate here - is it possible he wouldn't notice the composition of the chair unless he specifically scanned it with his X-ray vision? And perhaps he didn't do so because it didn't even occur to him. He still wasn't cautious and cynical enough. Once the bomb goes off he immediately realizes his mistake what with that look on his face as the place burns around him - though that little moment also went against him in the eyes of many viewers because we generally think Superman should instantly jump into action to try to save people - instead he just stood there for an unknown length of time, disappointed in humanity. Heck it took the Extended Edition to even show him helping out at all after this incident. But anyway, the point is he recognizes his blunder and confesses so to Lois later on if memory serves.

I'm not a huge fan of the film either but I'll try to be devil's advocate here - is it possible he wouldn't notice the composition of the chair unless he specifically scanned it with his X-ray vision? And perhaps he didn't do so because it didn't even occur to him. He still wasn't cautious and cynical enough. Once the bomb goes off he immediately realizes his mistake what with that look on his face as the place burns around him - though that little moment also went against him in the eyes of many viewers because we generally think Superman should instantly jump into action to try to save people - instead he just stood there for an unknown length of time, disappointed in humanity. Heck it took the Extended Edition to even show him helping out at all after this incident. But anyway, the point is he recognizes his blunder and confesses so to Lois later on if memory serves.

I believe in one of the BTS extras, something along the lines of 'Superman let his guard down because he felt bad for the man in the wheelchair, and Lex knew he would, which is why Lex sought him out in the first place' (paraphrasing obviously) was the explanation for him not noticing the lead wheelchair. I could be wrong, but this conversation immediately made me remember hearing/reading that somewhere.

My only problem with Superman in the DCEU is Clark Kent. At the end of BvS he was in a coffin in his moms house in Kansas. They had a body that was dead. Yet at the end of JL there he is changing into Superman. How did they explain that?

My only problem with Superman in the DCEU is Clark Kent. At the end of BvS he was in a coffin in his moms house in Kansas. They had a body that was dead. Yet at the end of JL there he is changing into Superman. How did they explain that?

I believe it was meant to be explained in the original JL cut with a scene between Perry White and CK. The public answer was supposed to be similar to what was in the comics with CK being trapped under rubble from the Doomsday battle if I remember correctly (though it has been awhile since I have read the Death and Return of Superman series honestly). For the movie however, Perry was supposed to help him formulate that answer while giving Clark the kinda wink/smile implying that he knows who Clark really is seeing how Perry (and I believe Jenny) where at his funeral and saw his body. So they, along with Lois, would be the only ones at the Planet who knew his true identity. But like many other things that were cut, we never got to see that in the theatrical Josstice League.

Last edited:
I believe it was meant to be explained in the original JL cut with a scene between Perry White and CK. The public answer was supposed to be similar to what was in the comics with CK being trapped under rubble from the Doomsday battle if I remember correctly (though it has been awhile since I have read the Death and Return of Superman series honestly). For the movie however, Perry was supposed to help him formulate that answer while giving Clark the kinda wink/smile implying that he knows who Clark really is seeing how Perry (and I believe Jenny) where at his funeral and saw his body. So they, along with Lois, would be the only ones at the Planet who knew his true identity. But like many other things that were cut, we never got to see that in the theatrical Josstice League.

I?m curious about that as well, because there were a LOT of people at the funeral, so it?s not like in the comics where Clark was ?missing?. These people all saw his body.

You?re correct though, in the comics they had Supergirl pose as Clark and Superman rescued ?him? from the Doomsday rubble (because at that point Supergirl was some weird shapeshifting alien) in order to keep his cover.

I?m curious about that as well, because there were a LOT of people at the funeral, so it?s not like in the comics where Clark was ?missing?. These people all saw his body.

You?re correct though, in the comics they had Supergirl pose as Clark and Superman rescued ?him? from the Doomsday rubble (because at that point Supergirl was some weird shapeshifting alien) in order to keep his cover.

True, there was a good handful of ppl at the funeral, but I believe those were mostly ppl from Smallville the he knew personally as CK with Perry, Jenny and Lois being the only outsiders. And we know the preacher who gives his eulogy already knows Clark is Superman from his confession at the church before he turns himself over to the army in MoS. And if I remember correctly in either the MoS commentary or BTS, it is implied that certain ppl of Smallville that Clark grew up with/around know about his powers and have kept his secret all these years. So, those same ppl who were at the funeral from Smallville would understand to some degree that he died and came back to life and wasn?t just missing.

Last edited:
Superman Justice League Black Suit. Color based on the photo Zack shown.

SUPERMAN BLACK (6527) ed1a SR UC.jpg

SUPERMAN BLACK SUIT (8689) ed1a SR UC.jpg

we might get one who knows?!
anyway I hope I'll get blue version till Snyder Cut is released lol as I see sideshow isn't going to ship my order anytime soon.

BvS was well shot with great visuals. It had some cool scenes but I didn't care for a lot of the events that took place in the movie. With the Snyder Cut coming I plan on watching it again to see if I can get a new appreciation for the movie. Hopefully with it finally fitting into a bigger picture I'll like it more in the future.

Yeah I just rewatched the UE for the first time in awhile, and while the story still doesn't work all that well for me, it was still great to be reminded of just how huge and epic Snyder's vision for this world was, and all the great potential for the future of the DCEU you could see in it. Which is something I definitely did not feel after walking out of the choppy mess that was JL.

Black suit Superman always looks wrong with the cape to me. I wish Snyder had made it closer to the comics, no cape, bright silver emblem.

Back