Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been all that impressed with the black suit, when it comes to superheroes I tend to only like their traditional uniforms, especially Superman.

The only exception is the symbiote suit for Spidey.

Yeah I've never really understood the appeal either. Maybe if it was a black suit with a dark red/burgundy cape for a bit of color that would work. But just an all-black suit does nothing for me.

I just wonder how I could re-jig my setup to include a black suit Supes. I also think he looks cool and would definitely buy him.

Made me think of this post I saw on FB. Considering the Snyder Cut has more Knightmare scenes. If HT did do a re-issue of Knightmare Batman I would definitely be in. Him and black suit Supes as a seperate Knightmare lineup ! Now that would be sick !

IMG_9975.jpg

Black suit Superman always looks wrong with the cape to me. I wish Snyder had made it closer to the comics, no cape, bright silver emblem.
I agree about the cape, but I like the muted tone on the emblem. I wish that the detailing around the forearms was that same metallic that the emblem is to harken back to the silver cuffs a bit more. The Death and Return of Superman will always stand out as a seminal work for me. It came out when I was making the transition from boyhood to teenager, and it hit a lot of notes for me. Still does. The Reign of the Supermen especially is such a great read. I loved the weekly nature of it. As for Superman's alternate looks, I put the resurrection suit at number 2, and Justice Lords at number 3 (I think having the evil Darkseid controlled Superman wearing something similar to the Justice Lords look would have been really cool.) Red Son is probably number 4. What's the number one Superman look? Obviously the blue/red energy containment suits.

Yes!! That's the figure we need. An epic villain to display with the heroes.

It would be an awesome display with the Justice League and him. If they could use the Thanos Body, boom easy figure.

I think it's time to start posting this pic on Hot Toys FB page. If you see it please like it. More likes is a measurable to Hot Toys.

Yeah I've never really understood the appeal either. Maybe if it was a black suit with a dark red/burgundy cape for a bit of color that would work. But just an all-black suit does nothing for me.

The appeal: I mean if you read the Reign of the Superman when it came out and the issue where Superman returned in the black suit, it was a pretty important moment in comic history. That's why that suit has a lot of love. Plus, the practical effect that it was the only thing recharging his powers fast enough like a wearable solar panel to allow him to fight back against Cyborg Superman with the rest of the League. In terms of the movie, I can see it not making much sense seeing how the mother box pretty much recharges him back to full strength and beyond really. No need for a black suit to help him recharge faster.

More color in the suit - The suit your describing was already used in MoS during the in the dream sequence where Zod is telling him what he would do to earth. Burgundy cape and boots with black suit and grey shield.

Yeah I remember the comic, but it always just felt like a cheap gimmick to me, and the black suit with long hair looked pretty cheesy to me at the time.

And you're right, looks like the MOS black suit did have a more burgundy cape. I definitely prefer that one to the BVS version. Of course I also just prefer that suit in general.

I actually like the MoS version of the black suit better as well. But I also like the MoS suit design over BvS.

However, I like the BvS glyph design more than the MoS glyph. The former seems like it has a bit more character to me. It’s peculiar how the House of El essentially had two differently styled glyphs: the MoS style was seen on Jor-El’s suit as well, but the BvS style was seen on Jor-El’s armor and also on the craft that Supes was sent to Earth in.

The BvS styled glyph was also used the portray the S logo often times in advertising and merchandise for MoS.

I don't know, personally I think they got a bit carried away with all the extra ornate detail on the BVS suit. And I also preferred the slightly fatter looking S shield as well. I just wish the HT MOS figure looked nearly as good as the BVS version, so I could have just kept that one instead.

I agree with them getting a bit carried away with the details on the BvS suit. All the line patterns on the MoS suit seemed to just have a better flow than what they did on the BvS suit. Plus, it deviated from consistency to me on what was established as the Kryptonian suits to be (both Zod, Faora and Jor-El all had the same suit design as Superman), so I didn’t particularly care for that aspect either. I get the whole “selling toys” thing so different looks are desirable for each film, but still.

And I don’t know about the BvS figure being an overall better figure than the MoS one, at least for me. Going based on the stock figures sans any mods, the suit texture, trapezoid area and cape were an improvement on the BvS version, but I think the the body, sculpt, and suit design of the MoS figure is better.

I have both, and I’m fine with those as my Cavill Supes. I have both a MoS and a BvS display. And then a WW 2017 display as far as the overall DCEU goes. Not interested in anything else beyond those.

I actually like the MoS version of the black suit better as well. But I also like the MoS suit design over BvS.

However, I like the BvS glyph design more than the MoS glyph. The former seems like it has a bit more character to me. It?s peculiar how the House of El essentially had two differently styled glyphs: the MoS style was seen on Jor-El?s suit as well, but the BvS style was seen on Jor-El?s armor and also on the craft that Supes was sent to Earth in.

The BvS styled glyph was also used the portray the S logo often times in advertising and merchandise for MoS.

Definitely agree with you. I prefer the MoS suit more aside from the shield. I prefer the BvS shield as well.

And like davejames, I wish the MoS figure was better. It just goes to show the advancement in the tech HT uses to create the suit. The shield, cuffs and collar should not of been separate pieces, the boots should have not been wrapped around soft plastic and the cape should not have hugged the back of the neck.

I mean it took me having to take apart a BvS figure and an MoS figure to bring the MoS up to par but I wish the texture was more prevalent like the BvS. I prefer the BvS body after removing the large forearms and thigh pieces. The extra details in the serratus and lats are much better than the MoS.

This was my modded MoS (apologies for the poor pic quality):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I got mine today- A day earlier than expected.
long story short-He looks amazing in hand, way better than the stark blue suit pics.
My only non Star wars HT figure and Im happy with him.

I got mine today- A day earlier than expected.
long story short-He looks amazing in hand, way better than the stark blue suit pics.
My only non Star wars HT figure and Im happy with him.

How do you feel about the neck and suit durability/mobility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised people aren't commenting in here on this yet. Sounds like Cavill will be sticking around as Superman after all, although unclear if we'll ever see an actual MOS sequel...

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/...omics-batman-justice-league-cameo-1234618227/

I think since we don't know to what capacity yet, ppl aren't too excited just yet. Since he and The Rock are repped by the same person, the most probable rumor is that Cavil will square off against Black Adam in a Shazam sequel much like the animated movie "The Return of Black Adam." The Rock even had Boss Logic mock up a scene with the two of them in it, Superman looking down on Black Adam. It's also safe to say that The Rock's want for Cavill back as Supes is what got him back into the role seeing how The Rock's the highest paid actor in Hollywood right now I believe, who gets ppl into seats somehow no matter how awful the movie is (looking at you Hobbs & Shaw).

Back