Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hopefully they addressed the collar issue because any discoloration is going to be more noticeable on the lighter suit.

Having had both-sold the bvs because I thought the jl batman would be a revamped one-new headsculpt etc...
The jl batman is pretty lacklustre in my eyes-it looks like a figure from 2/3 years ago.
Headsculpt while being repainted looks better but it?s still a old headsculpt & the neck joint is disastrous-it look atrocious!
The light blue of the suit is actually too light in my eyes, the superman glyph is too small.
I preferred the darker old suit of the bvs version but sold mine off in the hope of the new version being better & getting rid of it before it developed the orange collar curse.

35ec5cff756233b27ca34aace6106650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the lighter blue of the JL suit would be perfect, but wow... They went bright. I still like it and would like to own it, but I think the JL Superman figure is a perfect analog to the movie we got.... An odd mix of conflicting opinions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I thought the lighter blue of the JL suit would be perfect, but wow... They went bright. I still like it and would like to own it, but I think the JL Superman figure is a perfect analog to the movie we got.... An odd mix of conflicting opinions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good analogy, also meant to say the thighs are ridiculously large on the figure-like preposterously large-no amount of futzing or modding can fix it.
Don?t get me wrong I really wanted to love this figure-I?d waited so long for it & wanted it to be great. But it?s just a rehash

It's lighter than it was on screen but still nowhere near as light as the blue traditionally worn in the comics.

I don?t think the figure even looks like the Justice league suit especially the colour, it?s way off
It reminds of how superman used to look colour wise in the Christopher Reeve era
1C8F827D-F587-4C7A-931F-4506D0FA52B7.jpg

85E88589-2290-420B-ABC8-A6FA820F670D.jpeg Justice league colours and figure
7CE4C00D-D666-4C62-BCE2-EB8D73056F25.jpg
FD810032-6B1D-45B6-8FAE-AA27B937B8FA.jpegMoS, BvS and justice league suit

Too bright is fine by me. I wouldn't want anything accurate to JL anyway. I just view this more as a concept figure of how the suit should have looked. Superman shouldn't wear drab, gloomy blue.

Too bright is fine by me. I wouldn't want anything accurate to JL anyway.

Good point !

Makes me wonder if Hot Toys would do anything for the Snyder Cut when it gets released.

Probably not. If anything perhaps a black suit version with same headsculpt again.

Night and Day - Batman and Superman

Just got this JL Superman figure. He's actually looks better on hand. Also, he's very shiny. The chrome body underneath really reflects the light coming to him. The "S" logo is very very metallic. It doesn't show in the pictures but very metallic. I find the original cape by Hot Toys is slightly too bright but ok.

I do feel we should've gotten a new head sculpt since Cavill's look actually different in JL.

UC  SUPERMAN JL (6463) ed1a SR.jpg

UC SUPERMAN JL (6483) ed1a SR.jpg

UC SUPERMAN JL (6443) ed1a SR.jpg

UC SUPERMAN JL (6459) ed1a SR.jpg

Anyone hear anything about when sideshow will start to ship? I never get any emails from them anymore.

I've found that when I have the 5th of the month set as ship date I usually get an email one week beforehand telling me it's delayed. But if it's shipping on schedule I'll get the email to that effect 2 weeks beforehand.

IIRC they released just 100 figures to start. But we're not seeing a lot of YT videos yet. I hope Dean Knight does one.

In the meantime this just appeared yesterday. It's for Aquaman but shows Superman with all the JL line League members (sans Cyborg >-[), see at 14:20:

Easy pass for me.
It's the same figure as the BVS one with the same thunder thighs, weird tiny waist, odd shoulders ans weak head-sculpt.
The new paint job doesn't make it better.

Night and Day - Batman and Superman

Just got this JL Superman figure. He's actually looks better on hand. Also, he's very shiny. The chrome body underneath really reflects the light coming to him. The "S" logo is very very metallic. It doesn't show in the pictures but very metallic. I find the original cape by Hot Toys is slightly too bright but ok.

I do feel we should've gotten a new head sculpt since Cavill's look actually different in JL.

View attachment 476406

View attachment 476407

View attachment 476408

View attachment 476409

Awesome Lucky. I assume that's your wired Cape.

Same fitment procedure ? Was there an instruction video for that ?

Sideshow updated the "arrival" date from Jan 2020 March 2020 to Feb 2020-March 2020... I was hoping he would start shipping end of Jan. Oh well, at least I should have my custom wired cape from Lucky in hand by the time sideshow finally starts shipping this figure.

Anyone know if the chinese new year might affect the arrival of this figure in the U.S.?

Back