Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s a hell of a new year
And it gets some cool special edition Lego sets to boot. And every year, the they get a cute new animal to celebrate, meanwhile we've been stuck with Year of the Dumpster Fire since I can't remember when. Our new year is pretty much worthless by comparison.

And it gets some cool special edition Lego sets to boot. And every year, the they get a cute new animal to celebrate, meanwhile we've been stuck with Year of the Dumpster Fire since I can't remember when. Our new year is pretty much worthless by comparison.

What do you mean? Our New year is packed with pop stars that have no real talent and Rob Gronkowski attempting to give permanent injury to game show contestants.

7113B73D-8F4E-4C45-8763-5FE402A64FD0.jpeg
Sorry for the black on the edge of the picture my light box got in the way...

I've found that when I have the 5th of the month set as ship date I usually get an email one week beforehand telling me it's delayed. But if it's shipping on schedule I'll get the email to that effect 2 weeks beforehand.

IIRC they released just 100 figures to start. But we're not seeing a lot of YT videos yet. I hope Dean Knight does one.

In the meantime this just appeared yesterday. It's for Aquaman but shows Superman with all the JL line League members (sans Cyborg >-[), see at 14:20:

Are you sure that it was officially released in HK ? Some told me it?s just a first batch via HT Secret cave.

Im strictly a Star Wars HT collector but I veered a bit and ordered this. Im a casual fan of the JL movie but love Superman.

Yes, I noticed that the suit color is way off in color but that is what made me want it! Its a "representation" of the best attributes of the character for me. I love Cavill, and the bright blue and red heroic Reeves throwbackish suit. Im glad that HT wasn't exact with the JL movie. Now the wait begins.

Im strictly a Star Wars HT collector but I veered a bit and ordered this. Im a casual fan of the JL movie but love Superman.

Yes, I noticed that the suit color is way off in color but that is what made me want it! Its a "representation" of the best attributes of the character for me. I love Cavill, and the bright blue and red heroic Reeves throwbackish suit. Im glad that HT wasn't exact with the JL movie. Now the wait begins.

I have had this small argument with some members from One Sixth Repub.

The OP said that the actual color of the JL movie is a match to this figure, but seemingly the actual suit replica is much darker.

HT version highly resembles the Reeves look. But it is far from from being a movie replica.

Personally speaking, the following conditions apply:

- Superman fan: buy
- DC fan : buy
- Henry Cavill Fan: 50/50
- HT fan: 30/70
- DCEU movie fan: 40/60

Again, it depends on what your prespective is during your purchase process.

Personally, my tiny Mafex JL Superman colors highly resemble the movie colors. Unfortunetly , it?s missing color tone, hair comb, and silver metallic under suit.

In the world of action figures perfection doesn?t exist

Actually the color grading in Joss Whedon rewritten/reshot theater release of JL is horrible. Superman's suit looks turquoise. There is a "featurette" produced by WB in which JL costume designer Michael Wilkinson, when the film was still either in development or principal photography by Zack Snyder, shows its true color which is "more saturated." We now know that Snyder wanted Superman to wear the black suit for the entire film, and in fact in his director's cut it will be colorized to black. (The reason for adding chrome underneath was to make the black suit pop more.) But Zack lost that battle with the studio at the time, so they shot Cavill in the colored suit. Mind you, adjusting the color on the computer is standard practice in post production.

Actually the color grading in Joss Whedon rewritten/reshot theater release of JL is horrible. Superman's suit looks turquoise. There is a "featurette" produced by WB in which JL costume designer Michael Wilkinson, when the film was still either in development or principal photography by Zack Snyder, shows its true color which is "more saturated." We now know that Snyder wanted Superman to wear the black suit for the entire film, and in fact in his director's cut it will be colorized to black. (The reason for adding chrome underneath was to make the black suit pop more.) But Zack lost that battle with the studio at the time, so they shot Cavill in the colored suit. Mind you, adjusting the color on the computer is standard practice in post production.

This is the original JL suit without filters etc.

https://ibb.co/KK5DdCx

This is the original JL suit without filters etc.

https://ibb.co/KK5DdCx

Yup! As someone who has seen and touched the real JL suit in person, it was just a tad more blue than the BvS suit. It was nowhere near as bright as it looks in the movie. The main difference between it and the BvS suit is the chrome (instead of silver) under-suit and the \S/ shield being more shiny & metallic

Got the email from SS that instead of Feb. 5 it got bumped to March 5 for shipping. But that really just means some time in the next 5 weeks.

Got the email from SS that instead of Feb. 5 it got bumped to March 5 for shipping. But that really just means some time in the next 5 weeks.

What do you mean by ?sometime in the next 5 weeks? ?

What do you mean by ?sometime in the next 5 weeks? ?

Sorry, I’m being U.S.-centric.

Above and beyond the 100 figures that were originally released, it?s now showing as in stock at some toy stores. We know that once a figure releases in HK it?s typically then about 4-6 weeks until it arrives in the U.S. (Sideshow is the primary distributor for the U.S. and they?re in CA.) Not sure how long it takes to arrive in other countries.

Got the message from Sideshow as well. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back