Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

The specs for the regular non-LED sculpt specifically say, “newly painted head sculpt.” That means it’s not a newly reworked/fabricated sculpt, the way the BvS sculpt was from the MoS sculpt. So either they’re merely repainting the BvS or the MoS sculpt. All signs point to the former.

As far as the LED sculpt goes, I’m also guessing the sculpt you’ll get is the one that’s shown. Which is BvS, not JL accurate.

Hmm, I'm not so sure.

I mean look at it this way... If it was the exact same sculpt as BvS and body with it just being repainted, then this would have been the first JL HT release, However, this along with batman who is definitely getting an upgraded body and design are the last. Wonder Woman was the first one because it's pretty much reused parts from the BvS release.

Again, it makes no sense if he's just going to be recycled parts with a new paint scheme why he hasn't released first, let alone Flash and Aquaman set to release before him.

Hmm, I'm not so sure.

I mean look at it this way... If it was the exact same sculpt as BvS and body with it just being repainted, then this would have been the first JL HT release, However, this along with batman who is definitely getting an upgraded body and design are the last. Wonder Woman was the first one because it's pretty much reused parts from the BvS release.

Again, it makes no sense if he's just going to be recycled parts with a new paint scheme why he hasn't released first, let alone Flash and Aquaman set to release before him.

I don't think the delay has anything to do with the production, it's probably been ready to go for a year now.

Much more about all the Marvel stuff being shoved to the front of the queue. When this first went up for pre-order it was listed as the final JL figure with a Q1 2019 estimate.

It's just at the back of the queue. Rest of the JL figures will come first and any other Disney stuff they decide to prioritise.

I don't think the delay has anything to do with the production, it's probably been ready to go for a year now.

Much more about all the Marvel stuff being shoved to the front of the queue. When this first went up for pre-order it was listed as the final JL figure with a Q1 2019 estimate.

It's just at the back of the queue. Rest of the JL figures will come first and any other Disney stuff they decide to prioritise.

Oh I agree with Marvel being favoured and all of JL being pushed back, but even if this was scheduled to release last that to me says it's because they're creating new pieces for it. I always saw the "prototype" they displayed as a stand in, much like how the Batman they showed was clearly far from finished.

We arent thinking this is canceled are we? There's been no news out there for him and didnt someone say cyborg was scrapped?

Once something goes to PO it will be released sooner or later. HT never even once cancelled product put on PO.

Hmm, I'm not so sure.

As solicited, it's not simply a repaint. Most of it is, yes, but there's a whole new head with a light up feature. I imagine something like alters production time. And you always have to consider opportunity costs. Some of these may have had production paused or sidelined while something else moved up the queue. I want an accurate JL sculpt as badly as everyone else, and I hope we get it, but my expectations are low.

Well said Silverstar.

Believe what you want Hoody999, HT paint apps haven't changed that drastically. As I said many older figures still hold up very well to today's "standards."...

I would agree - however it is also useful to recall there were really badly painted figures in 2009 too - just as there have been in almost every year since then.

I personally can’t fathom what all the confusion regarding the sculpts is, and what the mystery regarding the “delay” is all about. People are free to believe and speculate what they want of course, but there’s nothing really perplexing about it to me personally. It’s nothing that hasn’t been seen before.

It’s pretty clearly delineated in the specs and the pictures to me what to expect vis-a-vis the two sculpts. The new sculpt is the LED sculpt, and the repainted one is the recycled BvS sculpt, just repainted. Pretty simple to follow to me. As far as I know, HT has never thrown a curve ball when it comes to the specs regarding what a sculpt will entail. If it’s going to be a brand new sculpt, the specs state this. If it simply says “repainted,” then it’s going to be a recycled sculpt that is repainted. There’d be no reason to expect a brand new, newly fabricated sculpt in that case.

When it comes to this figure being delayed, hasn’t HT always had it slated for a Q1 2019 release if I’m not mistaken? If so, there’s still a month or two to go in order to make that window, so I wouldn’t necessarily call it a delay at this point. Even if it was, it’s possible they could still be taking time to fabricate the new LED sculpt, and as mentioned, DCEU figures aren’t exactly on the top of HT’s priority list. You can disagree with it, but that’s just the way it is. This isn’t the first figure to be put on the back burner because it’s not exactly a high priority franchise, and it won’t be the last. BvS WW was delayed, Wolf Predator experienced many delays, and I think Ripley took awhile to come out as well. What do these all have in common? They’re not MCU or Star Wars figures. As I mentioned, you could disagree with these franchises being their main priority, but that’s just the way it is because they’re what garner the most revenue.

And as Futurion mentioned, I don’t think HT has ever put up a figure for PO and then cancelled it, so this figure hasn’t been scrapped. If it goes up for PO, it’ll release eventuallly. Perhaps sometimes a little longer than we’d like, but unfortunately, waiting is part of the game with this hobby. To me it makes no sense to cancel your PO for the figure simply because you’re impatient, only to then have it release and then you just reacquire it anyway.

I think this is just a delayed release - and maybe not even that given the release window, but I do think the Han Solo ANH figure was released with a different sculpt, although not even the box art reflected the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think people should speculate about the why and when. It’s simple enough. DC isn’t a priority since the movie didn’t work and garnered a lot of criticism. So HT fears and for good reasons (basically, it’s just a lazy repaint) that this will be a shelf warmer. This is also why no one should expect a modded sculpt. This will be a minor release for them and they rather put money on sellers.

I do think the Han Solo ANH figure was released with a different sculpt, although not even the box art reflected the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANH Solo was the first Solo figure HT did, so there was no existing sculpt they could simply recycle and repaint. It was a brand new sculpt, and with brand new sculpts, HT does state that the sculpt can be tweaked from proto to final product. Same thing with BvS WW.

When it’s a repaint, there’s nothing to tweak except the paint apps of an existing sculpt.

31adc91152318f099b0ccc98d7770230.jpg

Well, that’s a big delay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw that. Damnit. Ina. Couple of days I’m just going to pay off the rest and just not worry about it anymore.

Just saw that. Damnit. Ina. Couple of days I’m just going to pay off the rest and just not worry about it anymore.

Yup, I did the same...it’s frustrating, but at the same time, I’ll gladly wait longer if it means getting a high quality figure without flaws. I’d rather wait than have it be rushed out to meet a deadline with quality issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll probably cancel my pre-order. I'll pre-order captain marvel. I'm sure CM will be released before Superman.

Back