Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess keeping the same head sculpt and changing the color of the suit is considered an improvement now.. I wish I was that easy to please.

You know if they’d made the black suit with the same headsculpt it would be an Instant sellout, don’t tell me you wouldn’t have bought it [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess keeping the same head sculpt and changing the color of the suit is considered an improvement now.. I wish I was that easy to please.

The heat vision HS is an improvement for me indeed ;-)

And I'm sure that some still don't have any version of Superman at all, which would make this one the best version to get currently if you don't want to pay crazy prices on the bay.

The heat vision HS is an improvement for me indeed ;-)

And I'm sure that some still don't have any version of Superman at all, which would make this one the best version to get currently if you don't want to pay crazy prices on the bay.

My sentiments exactly [emoji106]

I consider the brighter colors a big improvement. It's how the suit should have looked from the start, never did like the dark and drab color scheme.

If HT doesn't adjust it, maybe someone can talk Eleven into making a Cavill sculpt.

I consider the brighter colors a big improvement. It's how the suit should have looked from the start, never did like the dark and drab color scheme.

If HT doesn't adjust it, maybe someone can talk Eleven into making a Cavill sculpt.

This is the only reason why I'm still holding back. I just don't see Cavill in that HS. It's just a random good looking guy for me...
I got Thor Dark World yesterday. Man, that HS is SO Chris Hemsworth that I got goose bumps...

This is the only reason why I'm still holding back. I just don't see Cavill in that HS. It's just a random good looking guy for me...
I got Thor Dark World yesterday. Man, that HS is SO Chris Hemsworth that I got goose bumps...

and yet, the AOU headsculpt of Thor is even better than the Dark World sculpt.

I see cavill in the BvS/JL sculpt more than the MOS sculpt.
HT has shown improvement, but I agree that it could be improved upon still.
Who knows, maybe we will get an improved sculpt after enough people complain to them...but then again, maybe we wont as Supes isnt exactly a top seller for HT nor is it a favorite of howard's

It is a rehash but I think it’s an improvement over the bvs version. Il be picking one up.
It’s best for people that didn’t get the bvs version, also there’s a ton on of them on eBay now For a lot cheaper than they were before this was announced ( glad I sold mine before the announce [emoji12]) and it’s a solid superman figure.
Just not a justice league superman.
I’d rather forget about justice league anyway-il be throwing that stand in the bin and using a bvs stand for mine.

I would concur for the most part.

This is in no way a JL Superman, but if you don't already have the BvS version, going for this one is a no brainer indeed in lieu of paying high secondary market prices for the BvS version, as this includes more. It's a solid figure indeed. However, if you already have the BvS version, I don't really see a slightly brighter suit being much of an "upgrade" from what you already have. I think it ultimately comes down to which shade of suit you prefer and if you're overly excited about being able to show people that your Superman doll's eyes light up, nothing more.

For me, I prefer mine to be BvS color accurate since my Superman is part of an actual BvS display and not meant to just be a generic Superman, so I'll stick with the BvS version. The LED heat vision sculpt I feel is a bit of a gimmick as I know I would never use it, so that's irrelevant to me.

You know if they’d made the black suit with the same headsculpt it would be an Instant sellout, don’t tell me you wouldn’t have bought it [emoji846]

Ok, I won't tell you.

I would concur for the most part.

This is in no way a JL Superman, but if you don't already have the BvS version, going for this one is a no brainer indeed in lieu of paying high secondary market prices for the BvS version, as this includes more. It's a solid figure indeed. However, if you already have the BvS version, I don't really see a slightly brighter suit being much of an "upgrade" from what you already have. I think it ultimately comes down to which shade of suit you prefer and if you're overly excited about being able to show people that your Superman doll's eyes light up, nothing more.

For me, I prefer mine to be BvS color accurate since my Superman is part of an actual BvS display and not meant to just be a generic Superman, so I'll stick with the BvS version. The LED heat vision sculpt I feel is a bit of a gimmick as I know I would never use it, so that's irrelevant to me.

Ok, I won't tell you.

Having had more than one of the bvs version I liked lt but I really didn’t like the large orange stain above the symbol that gradually blighted them all. ( something people should be aware of when buying all the suddenly cheaper bvs supermen on eBay )
There’s a reason so many people are selling them now...
The led heat vision sculpt is something people have been crying out for since day one.
So if it’s a gimmick to you, good for you. But most people want it.
If you don’t sell it on eBay-pull some cash back in.
Guaranteed they don’t make as many jl superman as they did bvs either

Having had more than one of the bvs version I liked lt but I really didn’t like the large orange stain above the symbol that gradually blighted them all.
( something people should be aware of when buying all the suddenly cheaper bvs supermen on eBay )
Bvs supermen are no longer selling for high amounts as people that have it are selling to buy the new version.
All you have to do is look at eBay for the sudden influx of cheap bvs supermen.

The led heat vision sculpt is something people have been crying out for since day one.

Exactly why I'm getting this to go with the BD Armored Bats.

Didn't want a dark figure displayed with another dark blue figure (Supes), this will display great, plus the LED eyes and spear.

Having had more than one of the bvs version I liked lt but I really didn’t like the large orange stain above the symbol that gradually blighted them all. ( something people should be aware of when buying all the suddenly cheaper bvs supermen on eBay )

Yeah, they pretty much all suffered from that. Some worse than others unfortunately, but for the most part, most of them seemed to be minor. Some people also simply repainted that portion of the suit and viola, problem solved. Luckily, mine is extremely slight to the point where it's not discernible unless I directly shine a bright light on it and then point it out. Hopefully this figure doesn't suffer from the same issue, or potentially something worse.

People have indeed been clamoring for a second heat vision sculpt to be included, but I don't consider that an improvement that makes the figure itself objectively better. Regardless of what sculpt you have on the figure, I don't see how the figure itself (body wise, suit wise, etc) is an actual improvement from the BvS version. As I stated, the only nuance between the two is which suit you prefer and whether or not you want to have a second sculpt where you can show people that your Superman doll's eyes light up. If you personally prefer a brighter suit and the LED sculpt gimmick, then it'd be a subjective improvement. Pop the LED sculpt on the BvS figure and you'd have the exact same figure albeit a slightly darker suit.

I still have the OSK BvS heat vision sculpt from when I bought a second BvS figure (which I later sold) to display it with, so I have a heat vision sculpt covered if I ever do choose to go with a heat vision sculpt.

Why do you think they'll make less of these than the BvS version? Did they make less of the BvS version than the MoS version?

Yea I'd be down to purchase another modern life cavill sculpt from JL if they do one. I will ask her if they have plans. Pricy bt worth it.

Yea I'd be down to purchase another modern life cavill sculpt from JL if they do one. I will ask her if they have plans. Pricy bt worth it.

Please let us know what they say! I wanted to get one the first time around, but I had to pass.

I'm pretty sure she wont release another Henry Cavill sculpt unless its a completely new sculpt.
I've reached out to Modern Life twice to get a Henry Cavill sculpt.
The first time, Toria said no, but keep a lookout for something similar which eventually turned out to be the heat vision version.
I asked her again if I could please buy the regular version but she said sorry, they were limited version only.

So I actually respect them for keeping to the their word about being a limited version.
They could have easily sold a few more.

and yet, the AOU headsculpt of Thor is even better than the Dark World sculpt.

I see cavill in the BvS/JL sculpt more than the MOS sculpt.
HT has shown improvement, but I agree that it could be improved upon still.
Who knows, maybe we will get an improved sculpt after enough people complain to them...but then again, maybe we wont as Supes isnt exactly a top seller for HT nor is it a favorite of howard's

The man of steel head sculpt is far superior. I think the BVS head has always been a bit off.

Well guys good news from Toria w Modern Life. She said they are working on a JL Cavill sculpt. Just a heads up for those that are interested. So start putting back the funds 😁

Back