Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do they justify just up and cancelling an order? Was this waitlisted?
All they said was “Sometimes, when our stock on an item becomes very low, it is discovered that the few pieces remaining are damaged, missing, or otherwise unsuitable to send to one of our collectors”

Seems like they cancelled a bunch though, BBTS sold out in 2 hours!

I had initially held off on this in favor of the Aquaman version, but decided to go ahead and pick it up as well. I’ve got a feeling it will start climbing in value, especially following the Snyder cut, so don’t want to have to chase one down for $400+

Got to hand it to BBTS. One of the shoulder plates on this guy had popped off like within a week after purchase just from normal handling. I broke the hinge piece of the shoulder plate trying to get it back on (which is a nightmare). BBTS immediately replaced the entire figure for me with a brand new one.

I see now that this figure is sold out at BBTS. Like within just a few days of them shipping this replacement figure.

Anyway, I've said it before but I'm really very surprised at just how good this figure looks in hand. The suit is beautifully detailed, it looks gorgeous just in itself. I keep my figures in fairly safe poses, so the gap with the chest plate that's created by more extreme dynamic poses is a non-issue for me. In a slightly-more-dynamic-than-museum pose, holding his trident, the thicker chest plate is to my eye completely unnoticeable. And for that matter the chest plate actually matches how Aquaman looks in the movie.

So happy I decided to get this one. Pleased as can be.

Got to hand it to BBTS. One of the shoulder plates on this guy had popped off like within a week after purchase just from normal handling. I broke the hinge piece of the shoulder plate trying to get it back on (which is a nightmare). BBTS immediately replaced the entire figure for me with a brand new one.

I see now that this figure is sold out at BBTS. Like within just a few days of them shipping this replacement figure.

Anyway, I've said it before but I'm really very surprised at just how good this figure looks in hand. The suit is beautifully detailed, it looks gorgeous just in itself. I keep my figures in fairly safe poses, so the gap with the chest plate that's created by more extreme dynamic poses is a non-issue for me. In a slightly-more-dynamic-than-museum pose, holding his trident, the thicker chest plate is to my eye completely unnoticeable. And for that matter the chest plate actually matches how Aquaman looks in the movie.

So happy I decided to get this one. Pleased as can be.

Nice Alatar. The chest plate never really bothered me. But once I get mine I'd also planned to go for the stoic museum pose with Trident.

Surely Hot Toys will need to make Cyborg. I was disappointed that he didn't show up in any of the virtual cons.

Perhaps once DC Fandome has aired, Hot Toys will get info from AT&T or whoever deals with the toys and merchandising etc. It'll be interesting if toy companies will even come to the party. I would hope yes, but difficult to say. I guess a Black Suit Superman would be hard for toy companies to say no to. And Darkseid for that matter too.

Perhaps NYCC will be the place !

Just added this guy to the collection. Even though the likeness is not great, it has a really strong shelf presence. One of my favorites for sure.

I?m hoping Hot Toys releases Cyborg once the Snyder Cut is out.

Attachments

• 551C0B26-B58A-46A3-B03D-876B7839DEEE.jpg
    551C0B26-B58A-46A3-B03D-876B7839DEEE.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 188
I love that set up, dj! Simple but elegant poses. I recently got Aquaman and couldn’t agree more. Who’s going next to Harley?

I sold my Aquaman. The suit details were great. The chest gap was awful however, just have as a stoic piece like Wonder Woman, the prototype was incredible. It's also a shame Hot Toys continuously tapers off the waist on their pieces with a really deep arc, he should have a very sharp V cut not a cut like )-(

I love that set up, dj! Simple but elegant poses. I recently got Aquaman and couldn?t agree more. Who?s going next to Harley?

Thanks Coco. I had the figures on Detolfs before, but I?m liking the Billys way more. I think the figures pop more with that background and lightning.

That top spot where Harley is right now is meant for Supes and Wonder Woman. I need to get another Billy to set up Harley, Deathstroke and another couple of figure that I have.

Thanks Coco. I had the figures on Detolfs before, but I?m liking the Billys way more. I think the figures pop more with that background and lightning.

That top spot where Harley is right now is meant for Supes and Wonder Woman. I need to get another Billy to set up Harley, Deathstroke and another couple of figure that I have.

That will be one stunning DC display!

The glass door is the MORLIDEN. It comes in two different sizes but it is made specifically for the Billys.

Great looking display djmogo89! Do you prefer the Billy's over the detolf or Besta? I currently have Detolfs but I've been toying with the idea of changing to Bestas. But I'm not going to lie, the Billy's with the doors look pretty sweet!

That is an excellent display indeed. To me it cries it for either Deadshot or Leto Joker to be paired with Harley there.

Great looking display djmogo89! Do you prefer the Billy's over the detolf or Besta? I currently have Detolfs but I've been toying with the idea of changing to Bestas. But I'm not going to lie, the Billy's with the doors look pretty sweet!

Thanks Darth KirkBayBey. I had a couple of Bestas for some of the statues that I have, but I think those would be too big for 1/6 figures.

I used to like Detolfs to display my Hot Toys, but after I found the Billys there is no going back on how to display my Hot Toys. To me the figures look way better and more like high end collectibles on that display.

That is an excellent display indeed. To me it cries it for either Deadshot or Leto Joker to be paired with Harley there.

Thanks Alatar. I’m planning on putting the Purple Coat Leto Joker next to Harley but it is still in the box.

Thanks Darth KirkBayBey. I had a couple of Bestas for some of the statues that I have, but I think those would be too big for 1/6 figures.

I used to like Detolfs to display my Hot Toys, but after I found the Billys there is no going back on how to display my Hot Toys. To me the figures look way better and more like high end collectibles on that display.

How long ago did you buy those Billy's? All I can find on IKEA's website is the 3 level bookcase

It was cool to see this outfit laying on the rocks briefly in the new trailer. As traditional looking the solo movie outfit is with the colors, I still like the look of this one better....

RELUCTANT KING.jpg

Back