Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That works...especially when you see him motion in the film.

The more I look, the more I like...

THE AQUAMAN.jpg

My initial opinion hasn't changed. This figure veers really close to statue territory. That's not a knock on it. The outfit and armor design and the way it is rendered onto the figure look really good and capture all of the great detail, but it's going to end up in a museum pose on display. I may attempt some more rigorous action poses for some photos in the future, but to avoid any risk of damage to the rubber/fabric materials in the outfit, I'll avoid a pose that will put any strain on those elements.

He does look really cool though...

JL-AQUAMAN-005.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-006.jpg

Even in a more stationary pose, he still has a great presence on display.

JL-AQUAMAN-008.jpg

I'm more sorry now than ever that HT won't produce a Cyborg to complete the league. I really dig the way these characters are presented in the Snyderverse.

Here's some more.

JL-AQUAMAN-011.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-012.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-013.jpg

...and with another member of the Justice League...

JL-AQUAMAN-010.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-009.jpg

Got another figure in my shipment this time...haven't even opened it yet. Still really enjoying this one. it was a long wait.
Been reading different reports about the Snyder cut. Would love to see that someday. In the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying these figures...

JL-AQUAMAN-014.jpg

I REALLY like this figure!

With Kal-El...

JL-AQUAMAN-015.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-017.jpg

JL-AQUAMAN-018.jpg

To think I almost canceled this one. So glad I didn't. Just amazing.

SON OF SEA - SON OF SUN.jpg

Last edited:
The standalone Aquaman movie figure just got released///folks are talking about it here

It's looking good, but I still dig this one more....

JL-AQUAMAN-019.jpg

The only thing I'll say, is that I loved this design, and they ruined it with the pec cut. But to be careful when posing and adjusting his upper body because the inside of it is sharp, and if you want to do a crunch and turn it directly into the position it cuts the lower part of his body up.

Justin of Justin's Collection YT said in his review of the solo film AM figure that the bigger chest plate layer for this JL AM figure is actually accurate to the film. I don't own Josstice League and will never buy it. I have no wish to ever watch it again. But can anyone confirm if this is true? My guess is it's an exaggeration or overstatement, but I'm curious as to how much truth there may be to it.

Justin of Justin's Collection YT said in his review of the solo film AM figure that the bigger chest plate layer for this JL AM figure is actually accurate to the film. I don't own Josstice League and will never buy it. I have no wish to ever watch it again. But can anyone confirm if this is true? My guess is it's an exaggeration or overstatement, but I'm curious as to how much truth there may be to it.

I didn't know about this - but checked some images from the movie poster after looking at your comment and looks like there is a cut

160746.jpg

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji1787][emoji1787]
5773243a734f08fd115c0131eda0929b.jpg
4ee38cae01ecd0e4896a0506f3d1b461.jpg
e04790f92b66db73352c9c03ce2438d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

just asking ,but have you done something to his nose ,on my screen it looks like hes got a pair of those glasses with the false nose ,only without the glasses

not that they look bad but just something i thought i noticed :lol

just asking ,but have you done something to his nose ,on my screen it looks like hes got a pair of those glasses with the false nose ,only without the glasses

not that they look bad but just something i thought i noticed [emoji38]
Nope. Din do anything
Just that the lighting was from the side .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Darn one of his shoulder plates popped off. After a couple of minutes fiddling with it, it looks like a nightmare to fit the hinge back on the pin. Any tips for this?

Dang, I snapped off one end of the hinge even after softening it with a blow dryer to make it more malleable. I can still fit the shoulder plate back on the figure because the hinge pin fits in the remaining hinge hole. I guess no dynamic posing for him, though!

As a rule I don't do that anyway with my figures. Still kind of a bummer for a new figure.

I'm going to contact BBTS to see if they'll send me a replacement hinge. But the problem remains that it's extremely difficult to put back on.

Just got an email from Sideshow that my order was cancelled as it is no longer available. Boo. I ordered it a few days before it went on waitlist, too. Ordered from BBTS!

Back