Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've already seen a few different looks from BvS, JL and set photos from the Aquaman movie... and I prefer most to this suit. This one does look spectacular, but would prefer the bear-chested BvS look or a more classic look if he wears something like that.

Bare chested= exposed joints. Give me this version.

This thread is moving at a snail's pace. Clearly not a popular figure. Can't wait to see Batman and Superman and Flash.

I think the figure is cool ... But there's just so much you can say about a protype of a figure that will see release over a year from now

Yep, pretty much this. Also, he could be a raving a-hole in the movie for all we know but I doubt it. I do think it looks cool though.

I think the figure is cool ... But there's just so much you can say about a protype of a figure that will see release over a year from now

No personality to that likeness at all. Looks so generic. Every time I see the banner at the top, I think it's the dwarf from the Hobbit. That's my biggest problem with Hot Toys, that and the lack of mobility on most figures.

No personality to that likeness at all. Looks so generic. Every time I see the banner at the top, I think it's the dwarf from the Hobbit. That's my biggest problem with Hot Toys, that and the lack of mobility on most figures.

Jesus, now that's all I'm going to see. :rotfl

Feel like I agree with the majority on this. Its a maybe if the real head sculpt is better. But this prototype isn't worth the standard HT price.

How come the reaction to this figure was much more positive when first shown at SDCC...It is the same sculpt I assume? :dunno So much negativity now. I still think it looks good, that brow is 100% Momoa.

How come the reaction to this figure was much more positive when first shown at SDCC...It is the same sculpt I assume? :dunno So much negativity now. I still think it looks good, that brow is 100% Momoa.

Welcome to collecting..lol

Exactly. It usually goes like this.

Prototype shown
1) Hey look! A new figure! Shiny! Looks good! I like it! I want that on my shelf!

Waiting for preorder
2) When will it go up for preorder? Can’t wait to get this! Need it now!

Up for preorder/price shown
3) Whoa! Way overpriced! (Nit pick it to death to justify not wanting to shell out standard price tag)

In hand pics
4) Ok looks great in hand! Awesome figure! Now I’ll buy it if it’s not sold out.

I'd actually list it something as follows:

1. Prototype shown
- Both praise and nit-picking ensue.

2. PO goes up
- "Way overpriced. Easy pass."

3. Waiting for HK release
- "When is this going to release?"

4. HK release
- More praise and nit-picking ensue, usually the latter. "What happened? The prototype looked so much better."

5. In hand
- "Looks so much better in hand!" Initial naysayers now consider purchasing after seeing in hand pictures.

Prototype shown
1) Hey look! A new figure! Shiny! Looks good! I like it! I want that on my shelf!

Waiting for preorder

3) Whoa! Way overpriced! (Nit pick it to death to justify not wanting to shell out standard price tag)

In hand pics
4) Ok looks great in hand! Awesome figure! Now I’ll buy it if it’s not sold out.

:lol Well summed up.

Glad I got my pre-order in, he's gonna have great shelf presence alongside the rest of the league.

I just want to complete my JL set....
I think I am a sucker for HT now.. hahahaha

Prototype shown

Waiting for preorder

In hand pics

Pretty much nailed it. Remember all the complaining about the BvS Batman? Now look at the prices for it and the SS Batman.

Back