Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cool, but the sculpt is......off a little, only just. A bit of tweaking and it will be perfect, but certainly not HT's strongest sculpt for now.

Seems like HT prices are now based on popularity of the license name rather than the figures worth. All the JL figures will be pricey simply because its JL.

Hot Toys figures are going to continue to climb in price. If you cannot afford them either stop collecting them or get a better paying job. :lol

It’s a shame but one way to maintain their brand’s exclusivity is to keep raising the price.

I dont understand why male characters with long hair i.e. Thor, Loki, Aquaman have sculpted hair while female characters have rooted hair.
I have a couple of friends who collect HT and they hate rooted hair. I dont care for it either.

d2c83a2c748646ad523624a43a611f2b.jpg

Wonder Woman here is telling me to wait for the next one.:lol

I dont understand why male characters with long hair i.e. Thor, Loki, Aquaman have sculpted hair while female characters have rooted hair.
I have a couple of friends who collect HT and they hate rooted hair. I dont care for it either.

Double standard? I don't hate rooted hair myself, and would be fine if my Thor had rooted hair; it makes sense to me. But I guess in a polarized collecting world where some love it and some hate it doing some one way and some the other makes sense. So dividing that across male and female figures seems to be the way the tend to go I guess because rooted hair is more acceptable because of the long tradition with female fashion dolls in 1/6 scale.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. To me, the plus to sculpted hair is the hair usually looks accurate, whereas rooted hair seldom every looks right out of the box and could potentially take hours of futzing, and still not look quite right.

d2c83a2c748646ad523624a43a611f2b.jpg

Wonder Woman here is telling me to wait for the next one.:lol

That's why I passed on the BvS regular Batman. I waited for SS Batman and love it, but I still kind of want the BvS Batman, too. I think they did a fantastic job on BvS Bats especially considering that it was their first attempt.

Double standard? I don't hate rooted hair myself, and would be fine if my Thor had rooted hair; it makes sense to me. But I guess in a polarized collecting world where some love it and some hate it doing some one way and some the other makes sense. So dividing that across male and female figures seems to be the way the tend to go I guess because rooted hair is more acceptable because of the long tradition with female fashion dolls in 1/6 scale.

The first Harley has sculpted hair, and I really like it. Works way better than if they tried rooted with those pigtails.

The first Harley has sculpted hair, and I really like it. Works way better than if they tried rooted with those pigtails.

true... must be a case by case basis and what they think works with what hair styles and looks.

The suit is too awesome to miss out on , I like the solo armor too, but I like this one also. Pre order here I come
Yeah, his suit is great. Imo people complaining about the cost of this vanilla figure aren't factoring the insane detail of the suit. It looks great. My big only tentative complaint (aside from the lack of neck tattoo) is that based on the pics, it looks like there is little to no articulation in the torso. That beautiful suit has its drawbacks.

The suit is spectacular, I'm very Happy with the way it turned out. I got a feeling that he will have more than one suit in aquaman. Hoping the classic suit rocks

true... must be a case by case basis and what they think works with what hair styles and looks.

It looks pretty bad all the time. Age of Ultron Black Widow had shorter hair than Thor, and it was still rooted. All the rooted hair does is make me think of Barbie dolls.

It looks pretty bad all the time. Age of Ultron Black Widow had shorter hair than Thor, and it was still rooted. All the rooted hair does is make me think of Barbie dolls.

Tend to agree – I don't think i've seen a figure with rooted hair yet that doesn't make me think of Barbie... i'm sure on day somebody will crack the artificial hair!

The suit is spectacular, I'm very Happy with the way it turned out. I got a feeling that he will have more than one suit in aquaman. Hoping the classic suit rocks

We've already seen a few different looks from BvS, JL and set photos from the Aquaman movie... and I prefer most to this suit. This one does look spectacular, but would prefer the bear-chested BvS look or a more classic look if he wears something like that.

Back