Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing I would personally like most is a cop joker....:rock
The nurse seems to be a much easier custom too.

The cop would be cool this way the head will have no make up so we can see heath's face better.

Billy

The cop wasn't as memorable as the Nurse was!

Nurse Joker for me please! :rock

Two Face was pretty much a 2-in-1 deal.
I wouldn't call it a 2 in 1 because HT didn't actually give you enough extra shirt, pants, tie, and shoes to make another complete figure.

With Superman 2 in 1, all you need to do is buy another body and you got an extra figure.

When asked why HT won't be including a burned white shirt for TF, they cited cost reasons.

TF isn't selling well at all despite being about the same price as BR Joker imagine what the sales would be like if they actually did a 2 in 1 and it comes out about the price as a batpod.

The cop would be cool this way the head will have no make up so we can see heath's face better.

Billy

I'm torn, I'd love to see a cop Joker because Heath looks more evil with just the scars and the toning around his eyes and no makeup than he ever did as Joker full on. However, I'm torn because part of me would like this next figure to have 2 makeup heads and even if it has two heads, we'd at best get one with makeup if the cop look was part of the set, and I'm not a fan of that idea persay because it would mean killing the cop option and spending for a repaint or having one less makeup head in the lineup.

Noisetrigger, you'r acting as if there is absolutely no way in hell or on earth, that they will release another regular style joker? Yes, they have only done that sort of thing, once before, but once before, means once before. It doesnt mean it's never been done at all, and there is no way in the world to tell whats coming, just basing off vague inuendos and wild guesses, obviously. But you're acting as if you're positively correct, and we're all stupidly idiodic for even, beginning to think otherwise.
The only people that know what the G O is, are Hot Toys themselves. ANYTHING could happen. We may not even be getting a 3rd figure at all. Just relax man, people are just having fun and enjoying the input, no need to get on some type of soapbox about whats going to happen. NO-ONE knows

You are the one that need to relax. I was just using information I have to deduce why HT wouldn't do another regular Joker.

Being a regular at the local HT dealer, I am privy to certain first hand information that normally wouldn't be circulated here.

Apparently, a lot of people here doesn't know about this but about two months ago HT re-opened orders for a third run of V1 Jokers. Now this is something HT wouldn't be announcing in their newsletter but they did sent an order form for V1 Joker to all HT dealers so they know how many V1 Joker they should manufacture.

Now, why would HT want to take orders for a third run of V1 Jokers if they are going to release another improved one a few months later? Not only will this pissed off the consumers, this will pissed of their dealers too.

Just so you know, HT cares a lot about dealer feedback as much as customers feedback and by releasing another improved regular Joker right after V1 Joker, that's like shooting themselves in the foot.

The best hint is from the HT newsletter itself. The wording from the newsletter can be confusing admittedly cause it was written by Chinese. We (I am Chinese too) tend to translate Chinese phrase direct from Chinese into English and sometimes it comes out weird.

"If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more..."

Upon reading the English announcement again, but by translating it back into Chinese, it is clear that HT is talking about another version of the Joker.

This is how it should actually sound like translated properly.

"f you regret missing both versions (of the Joker), you may still hope for one more (another version of Joker in this context)...

But hey, this is an American message board, you guys are entitle to your opinion and fantasy. I might not agree with you but I will surely defend to death your right to say it. And Malaysia is a democratic country too so I expect the same from you all.

I don't know if I can afford another, but I'd like to see what they do!

:naughty

If they rerelease V1 Joker with V2 headsculpt and a new base then I am on board. I've stopped myself this long from buying a Joker but that would be too much.

I'm in the same boat. I've managed to keep from even getting into this line so far, but an "ultimate Joker" in one figure would be hard to pass.

I wish, I did ask if we'd see a 'nurse' figure a while back, or if there were to be any more TDK figs after the Dent announcement and there were no plans for any more back then, but I guess things change.
I have a feeling this will be 'the' one to have, a bit like the Superman 2 in 1. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and angry in equal measures me thinks.

I'm going to run with this train of thought, even though noisetrigger's deduction make absolute sense as well. Heck, I can wish for it, right?

If they release the V1 with the BR headsculpt and machine gun that would be fine with me, but if they released one with superior clothing and other stuff then I would be sort of ticked off because I spent the money on the V1. Remember all the fuss that was caused when there was rumors that the second batch of Batman's was slightly better? Well this would be like that, but on a much larger scale.

Hrm.

Nurse Joker would use a similar sculpt than the others... but would probably also come with two heads because of one with and without wig...

Honour Guard Joker would be the one joker that could not be mixed and matched due to the face paint on it.

Redoing a V1 with a v2 joker and calling it a v3 would suck, but it would be the 'answer' to help those who can't afford to get two versions.

For that reason, i'd say, do it, make more money, but make more happy.
*shrug*

I know this might get some frowns, but I've been back and forth on buying the BR Joker and wouldn't mind a cheaper edition. So, I propose a "greatest hits" type of Joker for the entry level HT collector: $95-100 for just the v.2 sculpt and outfit 1 without the jacket and most other accessories. That way I could have the jail scene Joker. Throw in a knife and gun as the only accessories. That'd make my day as someone who'd really like to own a quality Joker for less than $150. No one with either version already out there would be that offended because this product would offer a lot less than either of the other versions.

I know this might get some frowns, but I've been back and forth on buying the BR Joker and wouldn't mind a cheaper edition. So, I propose a "greatest hits" type of Joker for the entry level HT collector: $95-100 for just the v.2 sculpt and outfit 1 without the jacket and most other accessories. That way I could have the jail scene Joker. Throw in a knife and gun as the only accessories. That'd make my day as someone who'd really like to own a quality Joker for less than $150. No one with either version already out there would be that offended because this product would offer a lot less than either of the other versions.

considering that this is what they did with cannibal jack sparrow, this is more or less what I'm expecting to see hot toys do this time around.

I hate to say it, but you can probably toss out the idea of any HT figure retailing under $120 at this point, and likely any TDK figure much under $150.

Based on everything, I imagine 3 possible figures we will get, if we are truly getting a new figure.

1) As you proposed, a stripped down version of the Joker costume to make it an imprisoned Joker figure, with 1-2 new heads and bare bones accessories, this would satisfy how a 3rd figure could make people that didn't get either of the first 2 happy since the next 2 options aren't good for that.
2) Nurse Disguise Joker
3) Honor Guard Disguise Joker

If HT really is still running production of the v1, we will not see an upgrade of that, so that leaves the above 3 as the only conceivable formats.

Or the fourth option that HT solicited interest in another run of the V1, got a huge positive response, and so decided to issue a v1 style "ultimate" Joker.

Well the Nurse Joker was rumored. Pretty much because that one blog (the one with the magazine photos) posted a few screencaps from that scene.

They COULD do that, but if there is production going of the v1 with dealers ordering it for this Spring, for HT to go that route, I'd say that'd be their biggest FU to collecting world ever, collectors and sellers of their product alike would be pissed about it. I don't put anything past them, but I can't believe they'd be that stupid.

I have to agree that noisetrigger's makes some good points. It makes a lot of sense that HT won't bother with revisiting v1 with an improved sculpt, and "small" changes to the outfit, like the colors on the inside, tighter jacket, etc.

I have a feeling they made purposely included two head sculpts with the br joker so unhappy v1 owners could replace the inferior sculpt. Great way to make people buy both.

I bet the nurse joker or imprisoned joker will come next. I doubt they will make the guard joker since it was barely in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back