Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'd personally rather see a new character than a 3rd Joker fig.

Yup, Bruce Wayne, Gordon or Alfred would be nice to have instead of more of the same.

That said, I support the idea of the cop or nurse Joker, but given their wording, I wonder really if that's what we'd get.

They say if you missed out on the first two. If you miss the first two, how many people really want nurse or cop Joker as their sole Joker figure in their collection.

Having said that, if this truly is hint of a 3rd unique figure, my hope and fear is that it's an update on the v1, that or something along the lines of Cannibal Jack. V1 is nice, but I would love to see a more accurrate trenchcoat and proper purples plus he could come with the shotgun and rpg. Another possibility is they re-release the v1 like Cannibal Jack, a new figure with a more stripped version of the costume, basically a prison Joker, no sport coat or trenchcoat, just the vest pants and shirt, 1 to 2 new heads, and a few weapon goodies that were used in the movie but not made yet like the shotgun.

Yup, Bruce Wayne, Gordon or Alfred would be nice to have instead of more of the same.

That said, I support the idea of the cop or nurse Joker, but given their wording, I wonder really if that's what we'd get.

They say if you missed out on the first two. If you miss the first two, how many people really want nurse or cop Joker as their sole Joker figure in their collection.

Having said that, if this truly is hint of a 3rd unique figure, my hope and fear is that it's an update on the v1, that or something along the lines of Cannibal Jack. V1 is nice, but I would love to see a more accurrate trenchcoat and proper purples plus he could come with the shotgun and rpg. Another possibility is they re-release the v1 like Cannibal Jack, a new figure with a more stripped version of the costume, basically a prison Joker, no sport coat or trenchcoat, just the vest pants and shirt, 1 to 2 new heads, and a few weapon goodies that were used in the movie but not made yet like the shotgun.

They said the exact same thing when they released the BR Joker. "If you missed out" So it will be a unique version of Joker, I mean how fair is it to keep re-releasing better stuff of the same thing after we've already forked out top $$$?

HT will never do another V1 Joker with better tailoring. For a mass produced figure, the current V1 Joker tailoring is as good as it gets despite the slight inaccuracies.

There is a reason why Harue charges like 500USD for his custom work and why we are paying 120 USD for a HT mass produced Joker instead.

Despite many people here claiming they will pay for it, I seriously doubt THAT many people will actually pay more than 200USD for a Joker with Harue quality suit. With some HT reaching 140USD we are already screaming bloody murder. Maybe indeed 20 people here will but what about the rest of the world?

HT is all about profit so it will make no sense to actually re release a V1 Joker with better tailoring even bundled with a better headsculpt. It will be lucky that a re released improved V1 Joker will sell half as well as the V1 joker.

The reality is that the 12 inch market is really a small niche market. Hardly a mass following. Sure the TDK line introduced a lot of people to the hobby but surely those hardcore enough to buy every single figure from every single line is less than 10%.

I sooner rather get a different figure (with so many fantastic lines (Terminator, Godfather, possible Watchmen) coming this year) than another Joker honestly.

The TDK hype is dying and HT is really milking this line to the bone. They should know where to stop and the five they have now is perfect. Yes, I know some of you guys want Gordon and Lucious but judging from the response on TF, the sales will be even worse. TF as of now is the worst selling of the TDK line.

My guess is a Nurse Joker honestly. I put my money on that one. Tommy Richardson (the guy that took all those cool milk magazine pics of HT figures) hinted it before on his blog.

He hinted TF also a few months before HT actually made an official announcement.

HT knows about the backlash they got from releasing an improved figure a few months later (Cleaner kit, BD Predator 2) and it will be unlikely that they will attempt something so stupid again.

Case in point, Cleaner kit Wolf. You can buy this anyday anywhere at retail. The first wolf on the other hand sold out everywhere and actually considered the rarer of the bunch.

These days unless it's a drastically different figure, most wouldn't bother with it.

They said the exact same thing when they released the BR Joker. "If you missed out" So it will be a unique version of Joker, I mean how fair is it to keep re-releasing better stuff of the same thing after we've already forked out top $$$?

Well, for that reason and timing, I lean towards the idea of a bettered v1 not being likely, but a stripped down version of it like they did with Cannibal Jack, who was same as the first Jack just minus some things and plus a few new ones, is a strong possibility. I'm all for unique new ones like cop or nurse, I'd like those really well done, but knowing HT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a stripped down v1 with new heads and a few new accessories.

I guess I'd better hold off on purchasing V1 if this turns out to be a re-release.

Well, for that reason and timing, I lean towards the idea of a bettered v1 not being likely, but a stripped down version of it like they did with Cannibal Jack, who was same as the first Jack just minus some things and plus a few new ones, is a strong possibility. I'm all for unique new ones like cop or nurse, I'd like those really well done, but knowing HT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a stripped down v1 with new heads and a few new accessories.

I guess I'd better hold off on purchasing V1 if this turns out to be a re-release.

"IF" there were the possibility of a Re-release its already happenned with the BR Joker. The V1's body and attire was near perfect and then you get the BR sculpt and your done. IMO I have the PERFECT V1 already, it doesn't get any better than that.

So Sean I would rule out a "Cannibal Jack" idea imo it won't happen.

I actually forgot about the bazooka, yep, they could throw that in there too. I still to this day, dont know why the didnt put a pencil in with the first one? It's so iconic to this movie!
I wouldnt be ruling out ANYTHING though, really who knows what on earth they'll do, the balls' in their court

Which would be absolutly fine with me. :)

If this story is a new figure and not like an extra production run, it'd make me very happy with my TDK Joker lineup if one of the heads captured this emotion and had straight eyes.

joker-high-resolution-dark-knight-snapshot20080504105737.jpg

BR head is a great likeness, but not the best emotion to sum up Ledger Joker and I hate the posed eyes. This portrait would sum him up best for me and if they didn't limit it with posed eyes I'd be ecstatic.

So Sean I would rule out a "Cannibal Jack" idea imo it won't happen.

You can never rule anything out with HT, which is good and bad. Good when you'd rule out a complex figure and they pull it off, bad when you rule out notions that would ^^^^ the collectors because they go there sometimes.

Hot Toys Newsletter?:confused: Is There a Hot Toys Fourm?:confused:

Haven't we had this discussion before Nick? The Hot Toys website produced a newsletter and usually it arrives mid-month. Just sign up and you'll get notifications. Or just check the forum as 30 seconds after the newsletter is sent out there are usually new threads discussing each point :lol

You should get the V1 while you still can. I will tell you now that HT will not re release a better V1 because they are already re-issuing the V1 Joker in March (the exact same thing including the now inferior headsculpt).

Doesn't make sense to reissue the V1 and then re releasing a better V1 a few months down the line.

I don't subscribe to the newsletter and am a recent buyer of HT products....so I'm not fimilar with their practices as some.

Isn't HT releasing V1 Joker this month and V2 BRJ in June to DC Direct? Could the newsletter be letting people know there is still a chance to purchase one of those figures thru DC Direct?

This figure will be one to think about possibly, depending on the outfit. If it's nurse and the heads aren't anything I'm really into, I'll probably pass, I like the concept but I'll use the so-so custom outfit on eBay for cheaper instead of $150 on a figure where the costume is all I care about.

I don't subscribe to the newsletter and am a recent buyer of HT products....so I'm not fimilar with their practices as some.

Isn't HT releasing V1 Joker this month and V2 BRJ in June to DC Direct? Could the newsletter be letting people know there is still a chance to purchase one of those figures thru DC Direct?

No. Its the way they worded it:

"If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more... "

One more, not a chance of both version again.

This figure will be one to think about possibly, depending on the outfit. If it's nurse and the heads aren't anything I'm really into, I'll probably pass, I like the concept but I'll use the so-so custom outfit on eBay for cheaper instead of $150 on a figure where the costume is all I care about.

Thats why I think they will give us 2 awesome sculpts and possibly an extra outfit? Loaded? Just a guess at this point of course.

What would be great, but pricey, is nurse and cop in 1 package kinda like Two-Face. Call it Joker in disguise figure and have it include both of his disguises.

What would be great, but pricey, is nurse and cop in 1 package kinda like Two-Face. Call it Joker in disguise figure and have it include both of his disguises.

Thats what I was thinking too, especially considering they really "shouldn't" make another Joker. If HT's wants to imo it has to be LOADED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back