Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they rerelease V1 Joker with V2 headsculpt and a new base then I am on board. I've stopped myself this long from buying a Joker but that would be too much.

You never know with HT.:lol

That may anger those who bought both jokers but HT will still be making profits.:D

If they were all about making money surely they would have re-released more of their figs by now instead of losing out to eBay sellers who list them at ridiculous prices?

With HT releasing v1 and v2 in the US and Europe, I actually don't know that these two figures will be exceptionally hard to get once HT and DC Direct work out the production/distribution problems (anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't know just how huge the market would be for a v1 costume with v2 sculpt. Most of those that want that combination have already bought, or have on order, one or both of them.

A reissue of the v1 seems to make the most sense, but I can't see them doing so with a head they themselves have publicly declared not good enough, but I also can't see them putting the new sculpt on the v1 costume. This would REALLY make people unhappy, since I would bet almost half the v1 owners bought v2 to upgrade the sculpt, and it would be far too great of an insult to their customers. They're not renowned for awesome customer service (I think they reissued a Predator with better, or more complete accessories not long after the first issue was sold?) but to do that would be going too far even for them.

If they are, in fact, going to release a third Joker figure, I think they would have larger potential sales in a third incarnation (probably the nurse variant, although the cop version might be a possibility) than a v1/v2 hybrid anyway. But then, I also can't see another Joker variant selling in large enough numbers to make it financially viable - I would think that people might be coming close to being all Jokered-out.

All this is my way of saying, ^^^^ed if I know what HT means in their newsletter!

I'm gonna guess a two in one of the classic outfit (with grenades for inside his coat) with the nurse outfit and two heads... perhaps a 'tongue flick' head?

But if it's the cop I'll be just as happy!
heath-ledger-joker-02.jpg

I'm gonna guess a two in one of the classic outfit (with grenades for inside his coat) with the nurse outfit and two heads... perhaps a 'tongue flick' head?

But if it's the cop I'll be just as happy!

"Guess"? What good are your guesses?! You're our "go to" guy for HT pics and news. So, umm, "go to" and get some solid info! :naughty :D

Assuming a new fig is coming, I'm hoping for a smiling sculpt.

I'd antcipate a police joker being a re-paint of the BRJ with slick back hair and policy uniform. A nurse joker could have a few faces under the mask and wig. I dunno tho.

"Guess"? What good are your guesses?! You're our "go to" guy for HT pics and news. So, umm, "go to" and get some solid info! :naughty :D

I wish, I did ask if we'd see a 'nurse' figure a while back, or if there were to be any more TDK figs after the Dent announcement and there were no plans for any more back then, but I guess things change.
I have a feeling this will be 'the' one to have, a bit like the Superman 2 in 1. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and angry in equal measures me thinks.

:lol:rotfl:lol

My guess:

V1 Joker with V2 head painted in a different way to make it interesting to the guys who already puchased V1 and V2. Maybe even the attire will be a bit changed in color or even reduced to his "prison outfit" which would be a very good alternative for everybody. Accessoires: machine gun, cards, money, knife mabe a bazooka but not very likely. No bombs or mask to keep the BR attractive. Again, just my two cents but I would do it that way and would be happy with it that way. :)

yeah it will be a third Joker,Cop Version unless they choose to go with another face expression which means the Nurse,big smiling Joker will be my guess.

I wish, I did ask if we'd see a 'nurse' figure a while back, or if there were to be any more TDK figs after the Dent announcement and there were no plans for any more back then, but I guess things change.
I have a feeling this will be 'the' one to have, a bit like the Superman 2 in 1. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and angry in equal measures me thinks.

Pfft. That just sounds like laziness to me :horror

I've got to say I'd definitely be in the angry camp, although (once the v2 actually gets here and I can see it in person) I'm not sure how they can do much better on the head sculpt. Improved tailoring of the iconic outfit maybe, but I'm not going to drop another US$170 just for a better fitting coat (however much I might want it). Nope, until Scarecrow (definitely) and possibly Alfred, Gordon and/or Lucius make an entrance, HT have got all the money they will get from me in the Batman line with 3 1/2 characters (original Bats, Two-Face and the v1/v2 Joker mix - most of BR Joker will be left in the box, canibalised for its body and/or sold on eBay). And fortunately or unfortunately I don't see any of those other characters coming.

haha i just came here to make this thread, and its already on 4 pages.

I SOOOOOOO HOPE we get another one! And please, a smiling sculpt. I even emailed them months ago about wanting one. Maybe many more did the same thing? Nurse Joker - sounds cool in theory, but with all the joints showing, looks quite dodgy. Cop Joker - again, sounds good in theory, but i honestly, wouldnt buy one, its just not 'joker' enough, and i really wouldnt be interested in owning one.

What we NEED, imho, and if they made, i would literally just hand over my cash in an instant LOL =
Regular joker outfit figure, with a more suedey-er looking jacket, fixed up shirt collar, SMILING/GRINNING/YELLOW TEETH SHOWING sculpt, with that classic Heath smile, a pencil accessory, a broken pool cue, and an extra jacket with grenades attached/stringline with ring.
save for also maybe a shotgun, but the other stuff would be plenty.
I'd be in, in a second if they made one. I sooooo badly want an open lipped smiling sculpt, and what better time to remake one, now Heath is raking in the awards, would be a great tribute piece.

They could include a 1/6 Golden Globe and a 1/6 Oscar. Then have to pull the figure and all images for a few months when they realise they haven't obtained the rights from Hollywood Foreign Press Association or the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

As someone else mentioned, the interrogation scene version could be a possibility - after all, the reissue of Jack Sparrow was basically the same outfit, just without the coat.

I think you guys are right and we'll see an "ultimate" classic Joker (grinning sculpt probably too). I just hate the idea since I have spent so much on the two previous ones and simply can't justify yet another version to myself, let alone my bank manager!

Probably a stupid question, and not something that I really think they'd pursue, but would there be any possibility that they'd choose to make it a real "tribute" piece as blakus suggested and include an out-of-character Heath Ledger sculpt?

i thought that myself actually, i don't think they would to be honest, it just wouldnt follow with the 'batman' line. With a smiling sculpt, it would still be showing Heaths true happy spirit and attitude, while also looking phsycotic in joker makeup, so its kind of killing two birds with one head sculpt, if you get what i mean :p Never say never though, we didnt even have a clue bank robber joker would be coming, and then out of the blue he blows everything out of the water, AND with two sculpts, included. I just really want to see them absolutely nail it though, with the bank robber head on the V1 setup, its about 85/90 percent there, its soooo close, but i want one that is just totally iconic, that i just go YESSSSS, that.......THAT is perfect. It's really their only chance, obviously we wont be seeing another Heath Joker on screen, so if they dont strike now, its gone forever. They aint gunna back track later on. Obviously there are other manufacturers and customisers out there, but nothing compares to HT IMHO

Last edited:
I wondered about this as well when I saw the newsletter... wounds likely that we'll see something else from them.

Although I'd personally rather see a new character than a 3rd Joker fig.

Nurse Joker. Cop Joker doesn't really appeal to me. A few seconds of screen time dont justify the purshase. The wise thing would be a V1 Joker with V2 head. It would be a rip off to loyal buyers. But it would make sense to anyone still looking to buy a Joker. I would feel cheated as I bought the two but in the end I cant really be that annoyed. I do have two joker figures that are amazing. We will have to wait to see.

It WILL be Nurse Joker but I think it wil both come with plenty of accessories and two sculpts:

There is no point in making us a Cop Joker, you saw his face in that scene for like half a second. There is no other possibiliy, it will be a loaded Nurse Joker. Also keep in mind it was both one of the most entertaining and funny parts of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back