Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking that I?d like to get a shoulder holster for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a clever idea. Not sure how easily one could fit; there are so many layers, and the suit is a rather tight form-fit. Post pics if it works out.

I don't see the need to load him up with weapons you can't see really. Holsters and the like will simply bulk up a suit that's designed to look clean and form fitting. Unless you're going for the Continental show down look with the ammo belt, holsters just won't scale with the layers.

Yes, decided to order the neo shoulder holster to use for him. Will post once it & the figure come in. Might end up taking the jacket off and using it over the vest only, would prefer to leave it on though. Will see what I can muster

E8B5A55E-46E8-4475-AE54-60F9080BACFC.jpg
12D3102B-67D0-499F-9E34-602138525106.jpg
233C0DE2-CA33-4DF1-A055-03EE5A92ABAD.jpg
04D4B925-D91E-4B70-990D-93867D41F56E.jpg
DF1F93DE-E84F-47CF-B818-95652D3956CD.jpeg
A moderately unsuccessful experiment at making a range day figure from the Taran training video. I stripped the gear from my JW2 figure to rig him, then restored everything shortly thereafter. The sculpt is a bum older one that I had replaced with the NRToys one (on the left) as soon as it became available.

Hey guys. I want to close the suit jacket, but the buttonholes are fake. Any suggestions?

Hey guys. I want to close the suit jacket, but the buttonholes are fake. Any suggestions?

Cut small holes with an exacto and sew around them to reinforce the fabric. Basically, make functional button holes like 1:1.

The AR15 rifle on mine came with the buckle detached from the side of the stock. Seller disclosed this prior to the sale so we're all good with that. I'm not sure how it broke off but the peg on the buckle no longer stays attached when inserted in the hole. I have a temporary (or eventually might be the permanent) solution by just tying a thread holding those together and it works. If anyone has any ideas where I can get the buckle to fasten without the thread please let me know.

20200603_220540 1.jpg

The AR15 rifle on mine came with the buckle detached from the side of the stock. Seller disclosed this prior to the sale so we're all good with that. I'm not sure how it broke off but the peg on the buckle no longer stays attached when inserted in the hole. I have a temporary (or eventually might be the permanent) solution by just tying a thread holding those together and it works. If anyone has any ideas where I can get the buckle to fasten without the thread please let me know.

View attachment 486664

how much bigger is the hole compared to the plug? maybe try cutting some cotton bud stick or small straw?

how much bigger is the hole compared to the plug? maybe try cutting some cotton bud stick or small straw?

The hole is quite larger than the peg thickness. There is no tension noticeable resistance when the peg is inserted. I wish I knew how it's supposed to be attached. The buckle on the other end is secured properly and it allows the buckle to move freely. No biggie since the thread solution seems to work pretty well so far
20200603_222313.jpg

Dunno if some of you have bought the KO head. I have because I wanted to make a rooted version without the blood and without harming the original. It arrived today and there’s some good and bad about it. So let’s start with the bad:

- the sculpt is softer (especially the beard area) and, of course, the paint job is inferior.

The good is really something that should be considered Bad in other KOs but which actually makes the sculpt shine here:

- during casting, it suffered some shrinkage laterally, and now, Keanu's face is longer as it should be.

Dunno if some of you have bought the KO head. I have because I wanted to make a rooted version without the blood and without harming the original. It arrived today and there’s some good and bad about it. So let’s start with the bad:

- the sculpt is softer (especially the beard area) and, of course, the paint job is inferior.

The good is really something that should be considered Bad in other KOs but which actually makes the sculpt shine here:

- during casting, it suffered some shrinkage laterally, and now, Keanu's face is longer as it should be.

Picture please

Back