Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need Johns shirt, tie, and vest, if anyone is looking to sell any of those parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had to get this off my chest and my thoughts out there. So I was watching a film last night that I had completely forgotten about, “Collateral,” (underrated roles for both Cruise and Foxx imo) and it really made me wish Tom Cruise’s assassin character of Vincent was set in the JW universe. The films I thought were quite similar stylistically, and I could totally see Vincent being part of the same assassin underworld that JW is part of, and him having been staying at the LA Continental while he was in town to work that night in which the film takes place.

Having good figures of these two imo would look good on the shelf. Despite them being from different films, I feel they would have paired perfectly in the same universe and in a film together where they’re after one another.

AA34313F-1F1F-431C-ADA9-4DD0D2DA601F.jpeg
6F977078-0C1E-4ED7-9B1B-F8B4D40FB419.jpeg

I could totally see Vincent and Wick looking for one another in that club scene in “Collateral,” same music playing for the scene:

^ Collateral is one of my all-time favs, just a few weeks ago I was talking with some friends about which was the better scene, the nightclub Collateral scene from that clip, or the bath house scene with "Think" playing in John Wick 1.

Yeah, when I watched Collateral again, I had forgotten how good of a film it is. Both Cruise and Foxx were good in it, and Cruise’s assassin character of Vincent I thought could potentially give Wick a run for his money (though I think Wick would prevail). One of Cruise’s underrated better characters performances, imo.

As far as your discussion with your friends, it’s difficult to pick one. “Think” playing in the background of the JW club scene to me made the scene feel like it’s just easy routine business for Wick, which it was. The music in the Collateral club scene though was more aggressive and up tempo, which to me made the scene feel a bit more anxious, like you knew something was about to go down, which imo, would be the better song to play if you had Wick and Vincent scanning for one another in a club scene like that. Like I mentioned, I could easily see Wick and Vincent hunting one another in a club to that music, but I can’t really see them doing so to “Think.” Vincent I don’t feel would just be “routine business,” as he’d be a formidable opponent.

Here’s a cool little blog I came across that ponders the question of what if Collateral were set in the JW universe, and I pretty much agree with the author’s sentiments:

https://theactionelite.com/what-if-collateral-was-set-in-the-john-wick-universe/

I definitely need to check out that movie again, but I don't remember it having the kind of exaggerated style and tone of the Wick movies.

It would definitely be cool to see those characters going up against each other though.

Anyone broke open blood marker? I broke mine couse Didnt know you cant close it..

[emoji51] Thanks for the heads up on that, guys. I would have felt a natural urge to close it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, when I watched Collateral again, I had forgotten how good of a film it is. Both Cruise and Foxx were good in it, and Cruise’s assassin character of Vincent I thought could potentially give Wick a run for his money (though I think Wick would prevail). One of Cruise’s underrated better characters performances, imo.

As far as your discussion with your friends, it’s difficult to pick one. “Think” playing in the background of the JW club scene to me made the scene feel like it’s just easy routine business for Wick, which it was. The music in the Collateral club scene though was more aggressive and up tempo, which to me made the scene feel a bit more anxious, like you knew something was about to go down, which imo, would be the better song to play if you had Wick and Vincent scanning for one another in a club scene like that. Like I mentioned, I could easily see Wick and Vincent hunting one another in a club to that music, but I can’t really see them doing so to “Think.” Vincent I don’t feel would just be “routine business,” as he’d be a formidable opponent.

Here’s a cool little blog I came across that ponders the question of what if Collateral were set in the JW universe, and I pretty much agree with the author’s sentiments:

https://theactionelite.com/what-if-collateral-was-set-in-the-john-wick-universe/

Considering how Collateral ended, I don't think Vincent gives Wick a run for his money. :lol

However, like Reeves, Cruise used real tactical moves when shooting people. The alley scene where Vincent takes out the two thugs is flawlessly executed by Cruise.

Considering how Collateral ended, I don't think Vincent gives Wick a run for his money. :lol

However, like Reeves, Cruise used real tactical moves when shooting people. The alley scene where Vincent takes out the two thugs is flawlessly executed by Cruise.

Yeah, the alley scene is one of my favorite, if not favorite, scenes in the film. You could also tell he was trained just by little things such as automatically having his finger off the trigger through muscle memory when brass checking.

With John Wick 4 announced I'm hoping somewhere down the line they'll do a 2.0. There's thankfully not too many comic book super hero teamup films immediately coming out so HT will surely have to fill their slates with other IP.

Back