Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commissions on John Wick.
Rooted hair and added beard to be more screen accurate.
Hope you like it.
eced2d37d9fd0202345b4b0814760682.jpg

b20124b25cacfd63c2a1d8689b761a3f.jpg

a4193a6bdda77a4c417a35e4de8e8dc2.jpg

ef2878dcf4ce0325b240ec53d4d53aeb.jpg

ba21a959817605ee864b9f21f57fdb4f.jpg

b969365e3fe00764f7afcf75e79ed2a9.jpg
6a4d58defa09126be168dd838c088d80.jpg

2fd6e0ccebe42e7b6245e5ddd14cebe7.jpg

151f925978ab416663ca0a96f999137e.jpg

f039c0fd6eaf5092367098d03b34e438.jpg

It just shows that the likeness is indeed buried in the sculpt, but needs to be brought out by enhancing other aspects. Those enhanced features imo take what is maybe a 6/10 sculpt and boosts it to a 9-9.5/10.

Normally I prefer sculpted hair on sculpts, but the rooted hair on this sculpt blows the sculpted hair away to accurately capture this particular hairstyle. For the slicked back look, sculpted would capture that best.

I'm digging rooted hair on this figure. Nice job!

I really wanted the 2011 Combat Master from Chapter 3, so I modeled it. Currently working out the kinks with Shapeways to print it at 1:6. Fingers crossed it turns out!
f73fc5013b2122b01fbc923d2b3c6a04.jpg

Last edited:
Commissions on John Wick.
Rooted hair and added beard to be more screen accurate.
Hope you like it.
eced2d37d9fd0202345b4b0814760682.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic. And glad to see you only rooted the hair and not the beard, as that never looks convincing to me. I know you probably don't want to share your secrets, but did you just use a really fine brush for the beard? I tried that with mine but couldn't get it to look nearly as nice as yours.

I got this in around the same time as 1/4 Joker and sold it a week later. I was so looking forward to it yet there was something just so utterly underwhelming. A part of me really wants to have it again because I love John Wick, but at the same time just the lack of detail on the beard and the hair just really don't do it justice. I was absolutely torn for selling it and really hoping somewhere down the line they do another, but I highly doubt it. Such a shame the ball was dropped, especially seeing how well Bucky was done, who is in a similar vain to JW as a head sculpt...

I got this in around the same time as 1/4 Joker and sold it a week later. I was so looking forward to it yet there was something just so utterly underwhelming. A part of me really wants to have it again because I love John Wick, but at the same time just the lack of detail on the beard and the hair just really don't do it justice. I was absolutely torn for selling it and really hoping somewhere down the line they do another, but I highly doubt it. Such a shame the ball was dropped, especially seeing how well Bucky was done, who is in a similar vain to JW as a head sculpt...

Same here, I really hope they revisit the character too...I only saw the films recently which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I would love to get a figure of him, but the eBay prices here in the UK are just too high for me and it's sold out at all the UK retailers. :(

My sentiments as well.

I absolutely love JW, but when it comes to the figure, I feel like I would be getting it just so that way I simply have him represented on the shelf, without really loving the figure and feeling satisfied with it. I want to pull the trigger, but I just can’t do it.

My sentiments as well.

I absolutely love JW, but when it comes to the figure, I feel like I would be getting it just so that way I simply have him represented on the shelf, without really loving the figure and feeling satisfied with it. I want to pull the trigger, but I just can’t do it.

I got the 1/4 Joker a week and a half beforehand and absolutely fell in love with it, consider it a masterpiece from Hot Toys. Unfortunately I was then moving to a new house when John Wick came so didn't open him up in the best of conditions (ie everywhere not being a complete mess)... but aside from the suit being exceptionally well tailored just nothing stuck for me, din't have any WHOA! moment.

Kept on to him for a week, didn't pose him, literally inspected, but nothing told me to keep hold of him. If I had too much excess money then I would nab him again, as honestly I don't think they'll create a new one. But I just couldn't shake the feeling that somewhere down the line he'd be a figure I'd happily sell for the ability to grab another. Ultimately that feeling won out and I sold him on. Just the expression, lack of detail to the beard and his hair not really complimenting his face just tipped me over the edge to not keeping him. Such a shame, as just the little extra mile would have put him as a knock out of the park. Frustrating for sure, I mean he was still great, but in terms of Hot Toys, one of their least great productions.

So odd how a character like Bucky or Grand Moff Tarkin can come out as homeruns as complete side characters and a film leading character can come out a bit bland.

Still waiting for mine. Several items from hong kong have gone missing with no notification on if they have left the country yet. God knows whats going on maybe a shipping container got misplaced with 3 items I pre-ordered being part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't find the original thread for it, but I just picked up the Diamond Select version here in the UK. Haven't had chance to break him out of plastic prison yet, but I'm really impressed for what he cost.

I went with the slicked back version of the rooted hair, but Ill be doing another one with hair down. Repainted the beard as well!

ObSq7ws.jpg

Dp09t3G.jpg

Gp8MGlE.jpg

Back